Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   a BIG draft (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160542)

el gringos 01-17-2010 02:35 PM

a BIG draft

Even though it looks sure that the #1 pick will be a pg this draft has a lot of badly needed BIGS coming into the nba- mostly pf's, another weak group of c's

1- motiejunas 7-0 pf- won't come in and dominate, but I think has an unbelievably high ceiling- I think this guy becomes the new prototype pf

2-monroe 6-10? Pf- may want to be a c, but is an nba pf- love his handling and passing skills for his size and wants to bang- I don't understand the want by so many to call him late lottery when he seems clearly one of the safest bets in the draft

3-cousins 6-10 c/pf- 2 inches taller and he's a top 2 pick- his athletic ability and production impresses me- may in ways be still raw, but he has hands, strength, and mobility to go w great size- he's ready to be productive day 1 and to me has to be a top 10 pick, maybe top 5

4-favors 6-9- everybody has known that he was an nba body and athlete for a while- does that mean he will still go top 3 like we've been told? No but he's still a top 10 pick

5-sacre 7-0 c- this guy is still under the radar, but is as good of an athlete as you can ask for from a real 7 footer- the guy puts in effort as a defender rebounder and would make a great pick for anybody in the teens

6- aldrich 6-10? C/pf- I like this guy a lot just don't like the fools that have called him a top 5 pick so long that he will become harder to place in the draft- he can't shoot free throws and is undrsized at the 5 and under athletic at the 4- I think he has worked hard and deserves drafted late teens/early 20's

Th guys I really don't know how to place are vesely who sounds like he might be a lottery worthy type but I have no clue and r sidney who doesn't just have first rd talent he has top 5 talent and a long list of questions that make him a huge risk

Ed davis- a man among boys but not a top 5 type guy- think a lot more along the lines of brandon wright than bosh- I don't think you take him in the lottery but would be a nice later pick

And then the guy some think of as a sf is fariq aminu- he may be a combo f but I think he's more of a pf and fits in above favors to me- aminu should go 5-10

And at sf even the class is BIG, singler and robinson at 6-9 and bjelica at 6-10

Rate the bigs, how you see them fitting in the draft? Where does the fsu guy fit in? Where do you see patterson drafted

yobore 01-19-2010 09:41 PM

Re: a BIG draft

woops just saw you had him

Aminu is a PF in the NBA

Buffalobraves 01-19-2010 10:20 PM

Do you have any videos of this Sacre guy?

Kebab Stall 01-20-2010 11:45 AM

There's talent all the way down the board in terms of big men this year. You've got guys like Jarvis Varnado, who is an absolute monster when it comes to blocking and Kenneth Faried who is leading the country in rebounding, going early to mid second round.

brink666 01-21-2010 12:26 PM

Hassan Whiteside 7 footer 235 lbs is sure climbing up the draft boards also

Solomon Alibi 7 feet has learned quite well