Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   New York Jets offseason thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161423)

Anton Chigurh 01-24-2010 06:47 PM

New York Jets offseason thread

what do we need to do :confusedshrug:

beasly15 01-24-2010 06:48 PM

Re: New York Jets offseason thread

haha there's still 5 minutes left.

simcjt 01-24-2010 06:50 PM

:roll:

Rameek 01-24-2010 06:58 PM

The Jets have no DB depth so we need some corners...

Jets need a rushing OLD/DE Gholston is a goner Dud!

Jets need a RB because Jones will be gone.... Leon Washington and Shone Greene are the future.....

Jets need a WR in the worse way... Cotchery, Edwards, Smith, Clowney are not going to cut it...

Jets need a DT... Kris Jenkins cant stay healthy...

takeittothehoop 01-24-2010 07:37 PM

OP is a bandwagoner I reckon but anyway. Need to fill the hole at CB opposite Revis. Nose Tackle is also a need. I'd like us to select Terrence Cody with our 1st rounder and maybe get a CB in the 2nd round. I know RB isn't a need but we could go that route considering we run the ball 20,000 times a game.

knickballer 01-25-2010 02:44 PM

Nothing is wrong with the team really. They had the best defense in the league in the regular season not to mention Jenkins was hurt the whole season. There's a good chance Kerry Rhodes will be gone so a new safety to replace him is a must and getting another corner besides Revis would be good. Lito Sheppard was injured and really couldn't play so then Lowry had to come in but he did a awful job. Sign another nickel corner and get some Depth in the d-line, you always need fresh 3-4 linemen. There defense is in great shape.

Offensively I think another season to gel together would do the trick. Edwards and Cotchery are fine receiver but if Marshall is available go get him. The only reason the offense sucked this year was because of Sanchez and he'll get better. The o-line is fine. Thomas Jones may be cut also cause it will save the Jets around 5million dollars, he's getting old to and Greene is the future. He's probably gone and so is Washington(Depends on how much he wants) Sign a decent #2 back in the FA, and draft one in the later rounds. They just need one more WR, Clowney is not gonna cut it.

Overall the team is very young and played a great Colt team.. The game was close until the 4th quarter where Manning just ran away with it.

netsfan549 01-26-2010 12:59 PM

We need a slot receiver. I am hoping Jets can try to get Peppers

GOBB 01-26-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickballer
Nothing is wrong with the team really.

:oldlol: Please. Jets have needs if they want to win the SB or get past teams like the Colts. And if you think they are fine at WR? Think again.

GOBB 01-26-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takeittothehoop
OP is a bandwagoner I reckon but anyway. Need to fill the hole at CB opposite Revis. Nose Tackle is also a need. I'd like us to select Terrence Cody with our 1st rounder and maybe get a CB in the 2nd round. I know RB isn't a need but we could go that route considering we run the ball 20,000 times a game.

Make Shonn Greene the starter and draft his backup. Bada boom bada bing.

netsfan549 01-26-2010 03:09 PM

Leon Washington is backup

GOBB 01-26-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netsfan549
Leon Washington is backup

Greene-Washington duo = no thanks

AKADS 01-26-2010 05:11 PM

If the Jets could trade up and get Haden from Florida. That would be sick.

takeittothehoop 01-26-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
Make Shonn Greene the starter and draft his backup. Bada boom bada bing.

C.J Spiller FTW..I agree though. Thomas Jones really isn't anything great.

5foot6 01-26-2010 08:10 PM

we have running backs, we need another corner, a nose tackle, and we need sanchez to actually do something.

takeittothehoop 01-26-2010 08:39 PM

Don't neccersarily need to go CB/NT in the first two rounds though, Tannenbaum has been able to draft quite a few really good players with 4th rd picks.