Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT - Canadians Only (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163)

AKADS 06-03-2006 07:26 PM

OT - Canadians Only

Where should i move to?

I live in Calgary right now. I have lived in Vancouver and Edmonton.

I am thinking of moving out East. Any suggestions on where i should move?

I was thinking Toronto or Montreal. Toronto is expencive and I don't speak french so Montreal could be difficult.

AppleNader 06-03-2006 07:27 PM

Move to Banff

TheGreatNumber8 06-03-2006 07:28 PM

Definetely T.O,have you heard of mississauga?

AKADS 06-03-2006 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleNader
Move to Banff

I was offered a few jobs up there I like Bigger cities. And Bnaff is the number one city in N.A. for STD's per person.

Its a dirty dirty city.

I have heard of mississauga. But i am a Downtown type of guy.

Twiens 06-03-2006 07:31 PM

Vancouver.

GoRapz 06-03-2006 07:32 PM

move to Hamilton, its not cheap at all, great city, especially if you move up the escarpment, thats where I live, beatiful houses there, peaceful.

Hamilton is like a smaller version of Toronto, it has everything T.O has except for Wonderland and the CN Tower.

Population is like 400,000 less than Toronto

it's a 30 minute drive away from Toronto

flipogb 06-03-2006 07:33 PM

Nash is gay eh

kwajo 06-03-2006 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKADS
Where should i move to?

I live in Calgary right now. I have lived in Vancouver and Edmonton.

I am thinking of moving out East. Any suggestions on where i should move?

I was thinking Toronto or Montreal. Toronto is expencive and I don't speak french so Montreal could be difficult.

AKA you're cool so I'll be nice: DON'T REFER TO TORONTO OR MONTREAL AS THE "EAST." THEY'RE NOT THE EAST, WE ARE. ATLANTIC CANADA.

anyway, Montreal is a very nice city, very vibrant and alive with culture, I think it's great. Dno't worry about speaking French there, Montreal is probably the least French part of Quebec, and almost everyone speaks English as their first or second language, so it's no problem. If you fancy a taste of the real East, try Halifax, it's an amazing city too, I think I'll move back in September, you should come, OMG ISH Roommates!! :D :p

AKADS 06-03-2006 07:35 PM

Vancouver been there done that. Want to move East i think.

Hamilton ehh. I don't know

Anyone know anything about Halifax. Any good resturants there.

Oh yeah i am a Chef so i need to find a place to work as well.

TheGreatNumber8 06-03-2006 07:36 PM

If you want to watch basketball and have all the good channels and not hear about hockey 24/7,come to t.dot. Contrary to what people think,basketball is more popular than hockey in toronto. The nba playoffs got better ratings than hockey here.

AKADS 06-03-2006 07:36 PM

Kwajo i would move to halifax in a second if I had a place to live and a job there.

Penny37 06-03-2006 07:38 PM

Whereabouts in Calgary do you live?
I live in Calgary as well.

GoRapz 06-03-2006 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwajo
AKA you're cool so I'll be nice: DON'T REFER TO TORONTO OR MONTREAL AS THE "EAST." THEY'RE NOT THE EAST, WE ARE. ATLANTIC CANADA.

anyway, Montreal is a very nice city, very vibrant and alive with culture, I think it's great. Dno't worry about speaking French there, Montreal is probably the least French part of Quebec, and almost everyone speaks English as their first or second language, so it's no problem. If you fancy a taste of the real East, try Halifax, it's an amazing city too, I think I'll move back in September, you should come, OMG ISH Roommates!! :D :p

I agree that Montreal is a beatiful city, but if you cant talk french, dont move there. French is their first language, English 2nd. So they talk French to you first and you gotta be like "Sorry, I dont understand French, can you say it in English for me?" and they'll say it. But they'll say it with an accent so you probably wont understand it and after that, people will start giving you a dirty look cuz you cant speak french.

kwajo 06-03-2006 07:38 PM

I lived in Halifax back in 2002-03, still have lots of friends there. It's a great place, great night life, tons of pubs and restaurants, lots of young people, nice mix of modern city and heritage buildings, great waterfront, clean, tons of trees, extremely nice people, traffic isn't too bad, crime is low in most of the city, it's truly a great place. Some people think it's a bit small, but it's creeping on 400,000 which is a decent size, butit seems bigger because of the fact it's a regional hub for a region of 1.5-2 million people, so it has more than you'd expect

Jerm 06-03-2006 07:44 PM

London, Ontario is the place to be. **** what you heard!...Actually it sucks in the summer here, but from fall-spring, it's rocking. University students and all that.