Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Streetball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Keeping in theme (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164857)

ABPrints 02-21-2010 08:17 PM

Keeping in theme

with everyone throwing up youtube vids, thought I would share what I found in my old vids. Excuse the quality, it is from 1993. I am #33, the lefty.

Story behind the vid (plus watch the news highlights at the end after the Penguin discussion) is this was a playoff, we were last seed playing the #1 seed and won the game. #15 was player of the year for the area and our team was funny as us two were each 6'2" and the guards and our forwards were 5'10" each, plus the 6'5" center. But gotta play who can handle the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCTq5lId7Zs

HylianNightmare 02-21-2010 11:49 PM

Re: Keeping in theme

Nice man good vid

DarkSephiroth 02-22-2010 08:23 AM

That was fun to watch! 90's Basketball FTW! =D

The block at 1:33 was HARD! XD

I like #15's game, he seems real fundamental.... actually your whole team does as well. And #23 (I think that's his number) has a beautiful stroke.

I notice nobody shoots many 3 pointers, but I remember that being the style in the early 90's if I'm correct.

You guys played together really well!

Whiteness 02-22-2010 11:01 AM

This vid is classic. Your man running point has a dashing mullet. This brings me back.

ABPrints 02-22-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth
That was fun to watch! 90's Basketball FTW! =D

The block at 1:33 was HARD! XD

I like #15's game, he seems real fundamental.... actually your whole team does as well. And #23 (I think that's his number) has a beautiful stroke.

I notice nobody shoots many 3 pointers, but I remember that being the style in the early 90's if I'm correct.

You guys played together really well!

Funny thing is we came into the playoffs at I think 9 wins, 12 losses and didn't play as a team all season, #15 was a player and we were all I guess maybe jealous, or frustrated with his lack of team play. We begged to be allowed into the playoffs as we knew we could compete and came together and went 2-2.

#15 had unbelievable range, he had 32 in that game and a season high of I think 45 during the regular season. Funny that I started varsity my Sophmore year but was back on JV my junior year, #15 played JV his soph year and moved to varisty his junior year and lit it up.

I was an inconsistent shooter and relied on my timing on D, as seen on the block(s) and loved to dish the ball. I think you were talking about #25, he was a 5 ten forward and could jump. Good times. Glad you all enjoyed. I think I have my junior year highlights somewhere I 'll have to find them.

Swaggin916 02-22-2010 10:13 PM

Great vid dude... the 90's were a time I will tell you that. It's weird cus I was age 1-11 throughout the 90's but I don't remember people looking that weird lol. Maybe I was too young to realize.

ABPrints 02-23-2010 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Great vid dude... the 90's were a time I will tell you that. It's weird cus I was age 1-11 throughout the 90's but I don't remember people looking that weird lol. Maybe I was too young to realize.

Well, i think we got better looking as we aged lol. Anyways, here is my last one, JV year. Basically this is the Varisty team of the previous vid only swap #10 here for #15 in the Varisty one. #10 transferred our senior year, he was a natural shooter but lacked explosiveness and height. Him and I worked well together cause we were best friends and always hooped together. I am #43/#42 in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wui4OTLiELU

Swaggin916 02-23-2010 05:30 AM

This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

I got that when I tried to watch the vid man.

ABPrints 02-23-2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Interesting since you are in California. I can watch it. I'll have to investigate more.

ABPrints 02-23-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

The main reason I put these up is that I finally got Windows 7 and want to save digital copies of my old videos, and I want to learn how to put up youtube videos and use Movie Maker, so maybe I will see if I can make a version of this that doesn't include the music so it doesn't get picked up by the copyright sensors.

ElBronco 02-23-2010 02:39 PM

Nice pass at 3:05. Why does #25 remind me of Kurt Rambis?

Swaggin916 02-23-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABPrints
The main reason I put these up is that I finally got Windows 7 and want to save digital copies of my old videos, and I want to learn how to put up youtube videos and use Movie Maker, so maybe I will see if I can make a version of this that doesn't include the music so it doesn't get picked up by the copyright sensors.

Yea possibly... I don't know really know anything about that stuff so I'm pretty much in the dark.

ABPrints 02-23-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElBronco
Nice pass at 3:05. Why does #25 remind me of Kurt Rambis?

LOL, I don't know. I do remember his fave player being Mark Aguirre though.

ABPrints 02-23-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABPrints
Well, i think we got better looking as we aged lol. Anyways, here is my last one, JV year. Basically this is the Varisty team of the previous vid only swap #10 here for #15 in the Varisty one. #10 transferred our senior year, he was a natural shooter but lacked explosiveness and height. Him and I worked well together cause we were best friends and always hooped together. I am #43/#42 in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wui4OTLiELU

Try it now, I revised to be silent. Kinda boring now with out MC Hammer bringing it lol.

Birmingham1955 02-24-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiteness
This vid is classic. Your man running point has a dashing mullet. This brings me back.

That video gave me a flashback of my playing days. Now that's when basketball was basketball. The mid range was were it was at. Really is a lost skill set in nowadays game. the super high top sneakers. mullets. I wish i still had film of when i played. The thing that amazes me is how much more athletic the average player is now in than back in the early 90s. less than 2 decades ago. Sports training has really come a long way.