Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Madden 11 preview video... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172672)

~primetime~ 05-02-2010 08:39 PM

Madden 11 preview video...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6260082.html

some notes:

-they ditched the old engine all together...which worries me cause I like Madden 10

-apparently with this new play calling system games average around 30 minutes now, instead of an hour...they say that after doing some studing, people on average only use about 13 plays out of the 300 or so found in team playbooks, so they have a system were the cordinators call the plays for you, but you can turn in off...hope that isn't too annoying, because no one calls my plays but me, lol...

-you move the player with both sticks, which is fine with me because I kinda of do that now anyway...

those are the biggest changes it seems...

I thought Madden 10 was fantastic...I really don't think they need to completely redo everything the way they are...I am scared this one is gonna suck...:ohwell:

1manfastbreak 05-02-2010 09:13 PM

Re: Madden 11 preview video...

IMO madden 10 was the best madden yet.. seems kinda crazy that they would just change everything like that.

~primetime~ 05-02-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
IMO madden 10 was the best madden yet.. seems kinda crazy that they would just change everything like that.

I agree...I also think Madden 10 is the best one they have ever made...

it is extremely well balanced...and user freindly

I think it is very likely that Madden 11 will disappoint...but I hope I am wrong

knickballer 05-02-2010 09:31 PM

madden 10 is ok...

They need to fix pass rush big time.. D-linemen are a waste in the game, fix up glitches, reciving catching.

Also the Franchise is awful.

~primetime~ 05-02-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickballer
madden 10 is ok...

They need to fix pass rush big time.. D-linemen are a waste in the game, fix up glitches, reciving catching.

Also the Franchise is awful.

In Madden Ultimate Team I am always Tommie Harris on defense...

he eats shit up...

the biggest complaint I had was the lack of gadget type plays...I don't even think they have a reverse in any playbook and that is a play I can remember running in pee-wee league...

flea-flickers are also becoming somewhat normal...

MK2V1GP 05-02-2010 09:40 PM

prime, you should just re-name this thread "The Official Madden 11 Thread"

We need one. I thought about starting one, but decided against it. On the Bucs forum, we already have like a thread with over 250 posts. Anytime anyone finds any new videos or info on Madden 11, they share it. It's a great way to keep up with what they're doing.

And I agree. They should just make the necessary fixes and corrections from last year's game.

BUT, in everything I've read, they said all the "new things" have an option to where you can turn them off and play Madden like you always have. The playcalling thing is just an option you can have....its not default and its not a permanent thing.

I love the new game planning aspect of this year's game.

I'm so freakin excited. Madden is like the only game I play consistently and keep up with news-wise. I'm not a big gamer, but I LOVE Madden.

~primetime~ 05-03-2010 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
prime, you should just re-name this thread "The Official Madden 11 Thread"

We need one. I thought about starting one, but decided against it. On the Bucs forum, we already have like a thread with over 250 posts. Anytime anyone finds any new videos or info on Madden 11, they share it. It's a great way to keep up with what they're doing.

And I agree. They should just make the necessary fixes and corrections from last year's game.

BUT, in everything I've read, they said all the "new things" have an option to where you can turn them off and play Madden like you always have. The playcalling thing is just an option you can have....its not default and its not a permanent thing.

I love the new game planning aspect of this year's game.

I'm so freakin excited. Madden is like the only game I play consistently and keep up with news-wise. I'm not a big gamer, but I LOVE Madden.

damn I would love an official Madden 11 thread...with updated vids

if you got anything good would you post it in here for me?

I was a Madden die hard a long time ago...like PS1 era...maybe a little PS2...but I fell off for a few years until Madden 10, which like I said is the best one they have made imo...at least from the ones I have played...

I will probably be one of the die hard nuts this year waiting in line at Best Buy at midnight for Madden 11...lol

actually I should probably just order that shit online right now...

Brujesino 05-03-2010 03:05 AM

Videogame Forum

This was a perfect time for all you guys to make this thread there and post in there.

Anyways i wont be wasting my money on this like i did on 09 and 10.

~primetime~ 05-03-2010 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brujesino
Videogame Forum

This was a perfect time for all you guys to make this thread there and post in there.

Anyways i wont be wasting my money on this like i did on 09 and 10.

why didn't you like 10?

Brujesino 05-03-2010 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~primetime~
why didn't you like 10?

1.I hate playing online it gets laggy as hell.
i only played online 5 or 6 times and i have 1 legit loss the other 3 have come from being kicked out.Even when i had the lead i would get kicked and i would get a loss

2.Dumb A.I

3.People abuse speed backs
Their will be abusers in everygame so this isnt that much of a big deal

4.Same boring franchise mode
This too me is the reason to buy sports games picking a weak team and turning them into champs but i can only do it some many times with madden 10 they didnt add anything new

5.Superstar mode is weak
They didnt even touch this mode

the only thing i liked about it was the graphics and i dont really care about that

Kobe Jnr 05-03-2010 03:48 AM

I'll be skipping Madden 11. I've bough madden every year since 01 i think. I need a break from it. I'll get madden 12.. so it would be a bit fresh to me.

~primetime~ 05-03-2010 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brujesino
1.I hate playing online it gets laggy as hell.
i only played online 5 or 6 times and i have 1 legit loss the other 3 have come from being kicked out.Even when i had the lead i would get kicked and i would get a loss

2.Dumb A.I

3.People abuse speed backs
Their will be abusers in everygame so this isnt that much of a big deal

4.Same boring franchise mode
This too me is the reason to buy sports games picking a weak team and turning them into champs but i can only do it some many times with madden 10 they didnt add anything new

5.Superstar mode is weak
They didnt even touch this mode

the only thing i liked about it was the graphics and i dont really care about that

yeah if you don't like the online play then that is major...I don't have too many issues with lag...

also, I have gotten angry at the AI before, but it might not be "dumb AI" but rather just bad players...because on UT if you have the settings and blocking all jacked up the AI doesn't miss a beat...if you have low setting then they will miss blocks...or fail in coverage..or miss tackles...all the shit that drives people nuts...

Peterson is better than CJ in the game and CJs speed is 99...Peterson is a 96 I believe...cause CJ falls right away when touched...and AD will truck over your ass...

but, coaches abuse other teams with speed backs in real life...so that just seems to be reality to me...:confusedshrug:

CJ certainly abused other teams with his speed last year...no question about that...

The GM 05-03-2010 10:10 AM

It's going to be nasty using ths joysticks with guys like Chris Johnson, DeSean Jackson, AP.. but they better make it right cause if they don't it will be exploit city and it will ruin the game entirely.

MK2V1GP 05-03-2010 11:13 AM

I haven't had lag problems at all. Maybe its your connection/speed? Online is fine for me.

And I was one of those die hard nuts last year. I was first in line at my Walmart lol. First time I ever did somethin like that though.

Here's a new video posted from Madden's official Facebook Page.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=746303734426

~primetime~ 05-03-2010 04:57 PM

wow I think I like the idea of setting up a game plan...that might work out great

just put all my favorite plays in and we are set...as long as you have the ability to turn it off if you need to...