Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cleveland Cavaliers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Dear Cleveland Cavaliers Fans (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181925)

Meticode 07-08-2010 10:27 PM

Dear Cleveland Cavaliers Fans

I think at this point any true fan has accepted the Mistake by the Lake title and LeBron leaving puts a certified signature on that, but regardless of that as I said before I was a Cavaliers fan before LeBron came, and I will be one there afterwards.

Ask for my opinion on LeBron and his decision? I'm highly disappointed of course. I think any true fan would be because he brought the best chance to win a title to that city without a doubt. He told the city himself he wouldn't leave until he brought a championship to that city. And frankly I think when he said that he felt like they would win it last year, that way he could win it and just up and leave without any love lost between him and the city because he did what he said. Which makes me feel like he was up to ready to leave anyway in the first place.

I don't wish anything bad on the man, he'll be successful or he'll fail at what he wants to accomplish. And he'll live with those accomplishments or consequences, but there's no doubt in my mind with most people this will be viewed upon as him running away from something he promised a city, but to no avail he and the organization themselves failed to bring to the city of Cleveland. His legacy is tarnished in my eyes. I've always been a fan of players that stuck it out their entire careers with a team, even in failure (ie: Reggie Miller). I for one cannot wait to tune into that first Heat @ Cavaliers game and watch the hate that spew from people's mouths, at what love people will shout from the rafters all for a man who plays a kids game, in a world dominated by business and money.

Good luck Mr. LeBron James. Thanks for the memories and ultimately bringing us back down to earth with your departure.

A True Cavaliers Fan,
Wayne J. of hometown Cincinnati, OH

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST 07-08-2010 11:07 PM

Re: Dear Cleveland Cavaliers Fans

It was classless the way he did it. I'm a Bulls fan, but I found that whole " decision" to be a punch in the gut to all Cavs fans. I lost a little respect for the guy today and I was always a big fan.

Zan Tabak 07-09-2010 12:15 AM

I was watching the sports highlights and they're burning his jersey in the streets. His first game back in Cleveland should be very interesting....

gts 07-09-2010 01:10 AM

hey cavs fans..

i'd just like to say keep your chins up, you deserve better than what went down tonight... i'm not going to pretend i know how you feel because i don't, maybe as close as i can come is magic's hiv announcement but that lacks the betrayal that your loss carries....

so keep things in perspective, it's a game, it's entertainment, you have a very devoted owner and a great fan base

you folks be good to each other

gts

kingchessking 07-09-2010 02:39 AM

I wish Lebron the best of luck (since I'm a Heat/Raptors fan). I personally thought it would've been better if he didn't join the Heat and stayed in Cleveland. I agree that the way he annouced this was just disrespectful and egotistic. Though I'm glad the proceeds are going to a good cause.

On a different level, I understand the fans reaction. I'm a huge Raptors fan and losing Chris Bosh hurts, but probably not as much as losing lebron. However the letter posted by Gilbert (owner of the Cavs) was by far more disrespectful, diappointing, and classless than anything Lebron did.
(if you haven't read it yet, go read it now)

Draz 07-09-2010 03:36 AM

Lebron didn't leave the cavs for the knicks or the bulls, he left even worst for the heat. His reputation IMO couldn't possibly be any worst then it is now then if he had join the knicks so cheer up cav fans not only do you have hate for lebron for leaving but you have other people behind you that also agree on him being a pus who cannot complete a mission.

Rose 07-09-2010 03:36 AM

I'm a Bulls fan, but have hated LeBronze for a couple years. I'm sorry you guys lost the best player in franchise history. The city deserved better, and the way that egomaniac went and said on national TV was the worst act I think any sports star could have done that wasn't technically a crime. I'm glad that the media has started to turn against him finally, and that some people are starting to finally realize what a real egomaniac, overrated, overappreciated, fool he is.

At least his legacy is done for. He'll be the Pau to Wade's Gasol. And I really believe the bad karma will follow him there. He'll never be the player who he was compared to most famously. Because he's not. he's taking the cheap way out to be the King with a ring. Instead of The King of the First Round.

Remember that you guys stayed classy until the end, begging and pleading with him to stay.

MaCC2MuCh 07-09-2010 03:43 AM

sorry cavs fans....i am a bulls fan and wanted lebron also but then i thought abt it.....and realized loyalty should be number 1 only if the teams invests and tries harder every year to win which the cavs did.....lebron quit on his team... coaches...fans...and the entire org w that display of egotistical..self centered bs that he called "the decision"......consider urselves lucky to get rid an backstabbing traitor like that.......keep thoze heads up

Alonzo Magic 07-09-2010 04:25 AM

LeBron is a douche, albeit an incredibly talented one. I'm sorry all the same. At least you've rid yourselves of the bandwagoners.

Abe Frohman 07-09-2010 05:00 AM

As another Bulls fan I too am sorry for how this went down, he seriously just proved himself to be a classless ****.

Cleveland you deserve better than this. The entire world thinks this.

Rose 07-09-2010 05:24 AM

I find it curious so many of us Bulls fans are commenting here.

QuebecBaller 07-09-2010 05:54 AM

I think since last night I've become a Cavs fan. It's time for this team to show the world that Lebron wasn't everything. Build a great team without a man who think the world is going around him (chosen one tattoo on his back :banghead: )

I wish the Heat to become a failure. Like no chemistry at all, or after one year they realised that 3 big superstars who want the stats and money more than win can't works and trade one of them

Go CAVS :rockon:

Rose 07-09-2010 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
I think since last night I've become a Cavs fan. It's time for this team to show the world that Lebron wasn't everything. Build a great team without a man who think the world is going around him (chosen one tattoo on his back :banghead: )

I wish the Heat to become a failure. Like no chemistry at all, or after one year they realised that 3 big superstars who want the stats and money more than win can't works and trade one of them

Go CAVS :rockon:

Agreed,except if nothing else they'll have GREAT chemistry, the olympics showed me that.

QuebecBaller 07-09-2010 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose
Agreed,except if nothing else they'll have GREAT chemistry, the olympics showed me that.

Olympics and Nba are 2 differents things for me. But we can wish right? :D

QuebecBaller 07-09-2010 06:50 AM

With Lebastard, Shaq and Big Z off the book, does the Cavs have a s**t load of cap space? Can they absorb unwanted player to build a new team quickly?

Not saying those players are the best fit for the Cavs, but just a quick list of unwanted players I can think of

Arenas
Al Jefferson
Ellis
Biedrins
Marion
Calderon
Okafor
Iggy
Prince
Rip
Chandler