Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Haynesworth must pass fitness test to practice, will play with 2nd unit (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185394)

Posterize246 07-28-2010 09:20 PM

Haynesworth must pass fitness test to practice, will play with 2nd unit

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=5416820
Quote:

On the eve of the first day of training camp, Haynesworth ended his months-long boycott of the team by meeting Wednesday morning with coach Mike Shanahan. Hardly sympathetic to the plight of a player who recently received a $21 million bonus, the coach wasn't about to let bygones by bygones.

Shanahan said Haynesworth must pass a conditioning test in order to practice. And, assuming the test is passed, the two-time All-Pro defensive lineman with the $100 million contract won't be practicing with the starting unit, at least not right away.

"I'm expecting him to be in great shape," Shanahan said. "And if he's not in great shape, then we're going to do what we need to do to get him in shape.

"Once he gets to that point, hopefully he'll fit into our system and do the things we want him to do. Because, if he does, he can be an excellent football player for us. If not, we're going to be very good anyhow."

Asked if he expected Haynesworth to be a part of the team in 2010, Shanahan would say only: "We'll see."

"All I can do is tell you we're going to give him every opportunity to show us what we can do," the coach said. "Hopefully he'll like the position that we play him in and give us everything that he's got."
Shanny laying down the law.

-playmaker- 07-28-2010 09:51 PM

Re: Haynesworth must pass fitness test to practice, will play with 2nd unit

damn that would be so fantastic if they just flat out released him...

I would have so much respect for Shanny if he did that...

just let him be another team's problem...

-playmaker- 07-29-2010 05:23 PM

Haynesworth FAILED his conditioning test today...

Skins should just drop him and whatever contract he has left...

Posterize246 07-29-2010 05:30 PM

When I read this I thought Shanny was doing a conditioning test especially for Albert or that he only did it for his team or something but I guess every team has one. They just do theirs during OTA's. DeSean and Asante skipped the last week of OTA's so they showed up a day early to camp to do their conditioning test, but they passed. LOL at Albert failing.

Posterize246 07-30-2010 01:51 PM

he failed again :roll:

GOBB 07-30-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -playmaker-
Haynesworth FAILED his conditioning test today...

Skins should just drop him and whatever contract he has left...

He stole too much money for them to do that. They want thier moneys worth.

-playmaker- 07-30-2010 06:05 PM

Is he the worst vet signing in the history of the NFL?

I know we could point to rookie contracts like Russell and declare that as worse, but as far as vets go, is this the biggest "vet bust" contract ever?

that is crazy, just 2 years ago his getting serious consideration for DMVP...

now the dude can't even pass a conditioning test...got his check and that was that...

Posterize246 07-30-2010 11:56 PM

I wonder what the conditioning test consists of? DeSean said he had to run 12 100 yard dashes with a 45 second rest in between. Wonder what a D-lineman would have to do.

Skywalker 07-31-2010 12:08 AM

over to minny comes big albertttt

Posterize246 08-02-2010 05:28 PM

47 year old Mike Golic just ran the test that Haynesworth is required to do, and passed.

KingBeasley08 08-02-2010 05:59 PM

I like the mentality that Shanahan brings to this team. So nice after seeing Zorn:facepalm