Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Hall of Fame game thread: Bengals vs. Cowboys (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186391)

mlh1981 08-05-2010 10:04 PM

Hall of Fame game thread: Bengals vs. Cowboys

Super early on this game thread, but I am jacked for some football, so lets get the conversation rolling.

Canton is about 4 hours from me. I was gonna go, but good GRIEF! Tickets are over $100 :mad:

It will be the usual thing, as far as playing time for the frst preseason game goes.. Marvin Lewis says the Bengal starters will play some of the first quarter. He went on to say that if the offense has consecutive "three-and-out" series, that they may stay on for a bit longer.

Among the notables for the Bengals, Antonio Bryant and Andre Smith won't be playing.

Posterize246 08-05-2010 10:12 PM

Re: Hall of Fame game thread: Bengals vs. Cowboys

http://proshop.bengals.com/istar.asp...EEB-179687.jpg

mlh1981 08-05-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posterize246

I'll probably go to about 2 games this year (1 home/1 away), and the other games, I'll be watching at the local Buffalo Wild Wings.

I'll be interested in seeing how many people will be rocking this. He's only gonna be here a year. I'm on board with the signing now, but I'm sure some fans still aren't.

I'll stick with my black Palmer, and Orange Benson jerseys :pimp:

Posterize246 08-05-2010 10:17 PM

Don't believe the "locker room wrecker" stuff, you'll like him.

-playmaker- 08-05-2010 10:23 PM

It is not Owens that causes the issues (anymore) it is the media circus that he brings...

"IF" the media decides they want to create a "Owens vs. Ocho" feud then it is very likely that they will make it a reality...

the media twisted Owens every word in Dallas...but in Buffalo they left him alone, not because HE was acting different, but just because the media understands no one cares about Buffalo...

him and Ocho on the same team WILL bring media...the only question is if the team can ignore that circus or not...

the media can suck...they are 10x more interested in creating a Dez vs. Roy feud than talking about Sergio Kindle's broken skull...

-playmaker- 08-05-2010 10:23 PM

I don't think any Dallas starters will be playing in this thing more than a few snaps btw...

just time to look at draft picks...

MK2V1GP 08-06-2010 05:03 PM

I'm interested to see McGee get some PT this preseason since he missed some time last year in the preseason due to injury. Gotta support my Aggies, even if they play for the Cowboys ;) lol

Carbine 08-06-2010 05:16 PM

I'm kinda rooting for Cincy a bit this year. If not the Colts, then I suppose the Bengals coming out of the AFC would be pretty cool.

Carson about to put up 4500/35 this year if he's the elite quarterback he was early in his career.

DinoRadja40 08-06-2010 10:25 PM

Hey I am brining my son to the monday night game against the steelers, maybe we will see u there :cheers:

KingBeasley08 08-08-2010 05:08 PM

I'm a Redskins fan so...

Go Bengals!!! (even if it is just preseason)

-playmaker- 08-08-2010 05:21 PM

players to watch, if you care...

Bengals:

Jermaine Gresham, thier #1 overall TE from OU...:D ....seriously though no homer that dude is gonna beast in the NFL

Adam Jones, you are going to get to see alot of Pacman tonight...should be interesting

Cowboys:

Stephen McGee, some people are saying we have a stud QB in him...let's see it

Jason Williams, Dallas #1 overall 2 years ago, (taken in the 2nd round) who was injured all last year, maybe he has something to show

Orlando Scandrick, we have a stud who is stuck behind the shadows of Jenkins and Newman...

who else is there that I am missing that could be interesting?

Posterize246 08-08-2010 05:43 PM

I'll be looking out for Sean Lee, Alan Ball, Owens, and Matt Jones.

Also interested in Jordan Shipley and Carlos Dunlap.

(assuming all those guys are playing)

Roy Williams horsecollar on Romo I'm callin it.

-playmaker- 08-08-2010 05:46 PM

Sean Lee isn't playing...

neither is Martellus Bennett...:(

or Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (lol at having to spell that without looking it up)

and obviously no Dez which is what I am sure most people were wishing to see...

I don't think Tank Johnson is playing for Cincy either...

also, I am not sure how much Alan Ball is going to be out there...I don't expect much...

Posterize246 08-08-2010 05:50 PM

Matt Jones was on pace for a 90+ catch season in '08, keep forgetting he's on that roster now. If he's got his head on right now he could pay off especially with Antonio Bryant's health concerns.

1~Gibson~1 08-08-2010 07:12 PM

i'll be watching :cheers: