Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Who is the most talented RB of all time? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192397)

Tarik One 10-07-2010 12:13 AM

Who is the most talented RB of all time?
 
NOT to be confused with the greatest RB of all time. That's way beside the point here.

IMO, it's a tough call between OJ Simpson and Marshall Faulk

These two guys could do it all.

-playmaker- 10-07-2010 12:25 AM

Re: Who is the most talented RB of all time?
 
still Jim Brown...

Tarik One 10-07-2010 12:29 AM

Re: Who is the most talented RB of all time?
 
I was considering putting "Sans Jim Brown" in parenthesis in the title, but fack it.

HisJoeness 10-07-2010 12:31 AM

Re: Who is the most talented RB of all time?
 
Freeman McNeil

I'm obviously kidding.

Timmy D for MVP 10-07-2010 02:40 AM

Re: Who is the most talented RB of all time?
 
The Kansas Comet should get a mention.


MK2V1GP 10-07-2010 09:42 AM

Re: Who is the most talented RB of all time?
 
Most talented RUNNING back is Barry Sanders.




/thread

BDiesel324 10-07-2010 09:52 AM

Re: Who is the most talented RB of all time?
 
Most talented runner is Barry Sanders. Most balanced RB would be Marshall Faulk.

bballer 10-07-2010 11:20 AM

Re: Who is the most talented RB of all time?
 

just kidding

Calabis 10-07-2010 11:41 AM

Re: Who is the most talented RB of all time?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BDiesel324
Most talented runner is Barry Sanders. Most balanced RB would be Marshall Faulk.


LMAO...most complete/balanced back is Walter Payton....what the hell is wrong with you guys....

Rushing attempts

Consecutive seasons leading the league in rushing attempts: 4 (1976-1979)

Rushing yards gained

Rushing yards gained, career: 16,726

* Broken by Emmitt Smith

Seasons with 1,000 or more yards rushing: 10 (1976-1981, 1983-1986)

* Broken by Emmitt Smith

Rushing yards gained, game: 275, Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Vikings, 01977-11-20 November 20, 1977

* Broken by Corey Dillon on 02000-10-22 October 22, 2000

Games with 100 or more yards rushing, career: 77

* Broken by Emmitt Smith

Consecutive games with 100 or more yards rushing: 9, 01985-10-13 October 13, 1985 to 01985-12-08 December 8, 1985

* Broken by

Chris Johnson

Rushing touchdowns

Rushing touchdowns, career: 110

* Broken by Marcus Allen


Yards from scrimmage gained

Yards from scrimmage gained, career: 21,264

* Broken by Jerry Rice

Games with 100 or more yards from scrimmage gained, career: 108

All-purpose attempts

All-purpose attempts, career: 4,368

* Broken by Emmitt Smith

All-purpose attempts, season: 400 (1979)

* Broken by Eric Dickerson in 1983

All-purpose yards gained

All-purpose yards gained, career: 21,803

* Broken by Jerry Rice

Games with 150 or more all-purpose yards gained, career: 46

* Tied by Barry Sanders

RUCKER 10-08-2010 12:07 AM

Re: Who is the most talented RB of all time?
 
You all are retarted.

Bo Jackson.. HANDS DOWN, BAR-NONE.


Best combination of power and speed the league has ever seen.

TennesseeFan 10-08-2010 12:55 AM

Re: Who is the most talented RB of all time?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Most talented RUNNING back is Barry Sanders.




/thread




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TflnHlQMt8

I second this /thread.

Sarcastic 10-08-2010 02:59 AM

Re: Who is the most talented RB of all time?
 
Barry Sanders is the most talented. He played most of his NFL career without a fulltime fullback, and was still dominant. In his 8th season he finally played with a fulltime fullback and rushed for 2000 yards. Just imagine what he would have done if he played in a traditional offense for his whole career.

RUCKER 10-08-2010 09:17 AM

Re: Who is the most talented RB of all time?
 
Barry Sanders played in an era where the defenses were flatout WEAK.. Much slower, and a WHOLE LOT less physical. Barry Sanders would've never been able to pull this kind of sh*t against today's NFL defenses and players.

Barry Sanders only looked that good because of how garbage the defenses were that he played against.

Look how sick Reggie Bush looked in College, he got to the NFL and got his weak run game SHUT DOWN. The NFL defensive pro's in Barry Sanders era, are equivalent to College defensive players of today, at best. Most NFL pro's in Barry's era would've struggled to even make the starting defense on most top 10 college teams. So if Barry Sanders is the greatest running back of all time, then so is Reggie Bush. Except Reggie is actually playing against players that KNOW how to tackle.

When Barry Sanders can run like that against the 2010 Baltimore Ravens defense, then come talk to me. Until then, STFU with this Barry Sanders is the GOAT BS. It's like Kimbo beating up a bunch of bums in the streets and you nerds coming on here and saying Kimbo is the best fighter on the planet.

Jackass18 10-08-2010 06:33 PM

Re: Who is the most talented RB of all time?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RUCKER
The NFL defensive pro's in Barry Sanders era, are equivalent to College defensive players of today, at best. Most NFL pro's in Barry's era would've struggled to even make the starting defense on most top 10 college teams.


You are on some serious drugs.

Sarcastic 10-08-2010 11:07 PM

Re: Who is the most talented RB of all time?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RUCKER
Barry Sanders played in an era where the defenses were flatout WEAK.. Much slower, and a WHOLE LOT less physical. Barry Sanders would've never been able to pull this kind of sh*t against today's NFL defenses and players.

Barry Sanders only looked that good because of how garbage the defenses were that he played against.

Look how sick Reggie Bush looked in College, he got to the NFL and got his weak run game SHUT DOWN. The NFL defensive pro's in Barry Sanders era, are equivalent to College defensive players of today, at best. Most NFL pro's in Barry's era would've struggled to even make the starting defense on most top 10 college teams. So if Barry Sanders is the greatest running back of all time, then so is Reggie Bush. Except Reggie is actually playing against players that KNOW how to tackle.

When Barry Sanders can run like that against the 2010 Baltimore Ravens defense, then come talk to me. Until then, STFU with this Barry Sanders is the GOAT BS. It's like Kimbo beating up a bunch of bums in the streets and you nerds coming on here and saying Kimbo is the best fighter on the planet.


So basically what you are saying is you never watched football pre 2001? OK, good to know.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy