Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Trade for Lebron?? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207341)

RAPSPURS 02-01-2011 10:24 AM

Trade for Lebron??

Am I nuts in considering this?
Roto keeper league std yahoo cts
we keep 10

I'm sitting in 3rd place right now and I'm a bit worried about my top 10 players 9and who to drop at the end of the year)

I give Westbrook, Joe Johnson, Demarcus Cousins
I get lebron & DJ Augustin

(I'd more than likely make another deal to strengthen PG)

my roster is

Russell Westbrook thunder PG
Devin Harris nets PG
George Hill spurs PG/SG
Jason Richardson suns SG
Manu Ginobli spurs SG
Joe Johnson hawks SG/SF
Kevin Garnett celtics PF
Paul Millsap jazz PF
Tim Duncan spurs PF/C
Al Jefferson jazz C

Dejuan Blair spurs PF/C
Evan Turner 76ers SG
DeMarcus Cousins kings PF/C
Derrick Favors nets PF

what do you think?
I don't have any top 10 players and with the exception of Westbrook, I'm not sure any of them have a shot at being there? please help me stop beating my head against the wall.... lol

tian820 02-01-2011 04:26 PM

Re: Trade for Lebron??

It is a lot to give up, but it's a shallow league and you can give up some depth. I'd probably make the trade if you think it'll help you win the league this season. Otherwise, I'd probably stay put. Keeping ten makes this really tricky

RAPSPURS 02-01-2011 04:59 PM

thanks!

I'm leaning towards going for it.
ran the numbers and I actually gain in 5 categories by making the deal.

There are good options on FA which won't hurt...

Might try to trade one of the old guys J-Rich or Manu to upgrade at PG

appreciate the input :cheers:

Eat Like A Bosh 02-02-2011 12:23 PM

I would make the Trade, and pick up Nick Young at the FAs for Joe Johnson's spot.

benJAMin 02-02-2011 04:50 PM

Tough decision for me, but moreso from a keeper standpoint. Westbrook and Cousins have some incredible ceilings as super young guys, and JJ still has plenty left in the tank statistically down the road. LeBron is obviously incredible, but I'm not sold on Augustin maintaining his position with CHA in the future; there's been plenty of talk that they're trying to bring in another PG, so I just don't know that he's going to have the same value (or grow like Westbrook and Cousins) in a year or two. Long term, it feels like this is Westbrook/JJ/Cousins for LeBron straight up because of that. I'm just not feeling that personally, even if you win more cats than you lose right now.

List the FAs available that you could pick up.

apexFuede 02-10-2011 06:11 PM

Test, just a test

Hello. And Bye.

Click here!