Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tonight's dunk contest definitely showed us not to judge a book by it's cover (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209692)

Clippersfan86 02-20-2011 02:33 AM

Tonight's dunk contest definitely showed us not to judge a book by it's cover

I remember so many were thinking how horrible this dunk contest would be.. even after the Jennings swap out. We expected Blake to win in a landslide for the most part and that it was set up for Blake to win from the beginning but I want to let us all give props to all 4 guys. Every single guy tonight brought their A game.. and did something unique. The fact that Ibaka and McGee were made fun of for being in this.. and put on such an epic show was amazing. The fact that Derozan pulled off such incredibly difficult dunks.. AMAZING. The fact that Blake DIDN'T turn into the next Shannon Brown and indeed did live up to most peoples expectations awesome. This was quite possibly my favorite dunk contest ever and I watched the Vince Carter domination one in 2000.

It's rare that all 4 dunkers perform this well. Think about it. Kobe and Vince and other recent winners didn't face much competition really. Tonight all 4 guys had a legit chance to win. Anyways I'm still watching highlights from all 4 guys because they all kicked ass. BTW I saw some post contest stuff and it's cool to see how they were all supportive of each other and Blake's win. No hating or jealousy. No DeMarcus Cousins type reactions like yesterday when John Wall won rookie MVP lol.

donald_trump 02-20-2011 02:46 AM

Re: Tonight's dunk contest definitely showed us not to judge a book by it's cover

the last two dunks were quite poor but everything before that was amazing. one of the better contests. i actually liked the first round over any ive ever seen. all the dunks were nice.

alenleomessi 02-20-2011 02:48 AM

Re: Tonight's dunk contest definitely showed us not to judge a book by it's cover

It was one of the best dunk contest in the last 10 years i don't know what people expect ? 720 dunk ?

Clippersfan86 02-20-2011 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alenleomessi
It was one of the best dunk contest in the last 10 years i don't know what people expect ? 720 dunk ?

We should make the people who are disappointed watch the last 3 or 4 years with the Dwight Howard vs Nate Robinson BS. Last good ones were Jason Richardson and Vince Carter.

flipogb 02-20-2011 03:15 AM

I feel like all 4 of them one because nobody was a fail(Brown)

Clippersfan86 02-20-2011 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipogb
I feel like all 4 of them one because nobody was a fail(Brown)

Yea.. I'm sure all 4 of them know they put on a show. Dunk contest trophies aren't exactly special lol. It's not like winning league MVP or finals MVP or something. I bet these guys put it on a shelf and never look at it again most of the time..

poster 02-20-2011 04:07 AM

best all around dunk contest ever

Clutch 02-20-2011 05:35 AM

Amazing dunk contest.

It exceeded my expectations.

coin24 02-20-2011 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch
Amazing dunk contest.

It exceeded my expectations.

This..:applause:

I really enjoyed it.. Couldnt believe all the hate on here about it though:facepalm

Nash 02-20-2011 09:33 AM

Anybody who thought McGee was a joke had no clue. Dude is 7 foot and jumps like a 6 foorter.

Nash-tastic 02-20-2011 09:34 AM

The first round was amazing! I just didnt like how it ended

Ikill 02-20-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash
Anybody who thought McGee was a joke had no clue. Dude is 7 foot and jumps like a 6 foorter.

He just has long arms he has a 32.5 inch vertical

Ikill 02-20-2011 09:37 AM

:applause: Great contest

Rekindled 02-20-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash-tastic

it would hae been better if they didnt snub Derozan.

DeronMillsap 02-20-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash-tastic

Agreed. The 1st attempts by all 4 contestants in the 1st Round was amazing.