Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   So the Heat won.... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222179)

bokes15 05-11-2011 11:23 PM

So the Heat won....

... and Bosh celebrated like it was the finals... I suppose to a guy who won 3 playoff games in 7 seasons, this was pretty much his finals. I utterly hate the Miami heat, and this could not have gone any worse for me. And if Bosh goes on to win a title in his first year in Miami. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Chamberlain 05-11-2011 11:24 PM

Re: So the Heat won....

:cry:

bokes15 05-11-2011 11:41 PM

ON the bright side, as of now, the only team of the remaining teams that I don't want to see win it all is Miami. I wouldn't mind seeing any of Dallas, Chicago, Memphis, or OKC win it... I Just wonder which one of those teams poses the biggest threat to Miami.

edit: scratch Memphis off that list. I wasn't watching the game or paying attention to the score, that series is over.

Chamberlain 05-11-2011 11:58 PM

:oldlol: Yeah Memphis played like shit tonight.

I'm in the same boat as you though. OKC, Dallas and Chicago all have the ability to beat them, I just hope one of them do.

Qwyjibo 05-12-2011 01:05 AM

I'm glad they did.

I don't like Miami but I hate Boston sports more than anything. Having two punks like Garnett and Pierce on that team doesn't help either.

As for Bosh? Whatever. He's a good player but he's playing with, IMO, the best and 2nd best player in the entire NBA. If the Heat do end up winning a title, the media praise will be 50% Lebron, 40% Wade, 8% Bosh and 2% everyone else. (random stats with no basis FTW!)

Anyways, Go Dallas!

DJMason 05-12-2011 09:30 AM

Seeing how tight Chicago has played against inferior tallent I'm not sure how they stop Miami which depresses me. I think OKC has a legit chance since they've got tallent out the ass like Miami does and just enough toughness with Perkins to bother them, and Dirk is just a friggin unstoppable monster (certainly with the bigs Miami has) so I see Dallas having a chance too. I'd like to be wrong on Chicago since I'd love them to do better than Miami, especially to punk Lebron since if he'd gone there it would be a no-contest that they'd take the title, but IMO if they get stopped it's in the finals.

Been hard to cheer for Boston these last few games, especially since it was them that planted the seeds of this "Big 3" BS in the league. I just hope the new CBA prevents this nonsense from ever happening again.

bokes15 05-12-2011 09:34 AM

^^And that's the main reason why I want Miami to lose so badly. Before the "big 3" they were just another team to me. I loved D-Wade and was happy when he won the championship in 06. But now to me this Heat team represents everything that's wrong with today's NBA. If Miami goes out and wins a championship after jumping ship and creating a big 3 the easy way, all of a sudden everyone's gonna want to do the same thing... And then we're gonna have like 5-6 super teams and 24-25 teams that are complete shit. It's just a sickening thought to me.

T-Low 05-12-2011 04:19 PM

They celebrated like that because of the significance of the Celtics. Yes, it might have been over the top. But think about it. Celtics beat out both the Heat and Cavaliers last season. Celtics are the team to beat for the most part and they have shown, no matter how well they play in the regular season, they amp it up come playoffs time. When you have 3 point shooters out the ass on your team, it kind of helps to. But the fact of the matter is, I want Bosh to win a title. I don't care about LeBron. Not about him in my opinion. I want Bosh to win for the factor that he left for something and didn't just leave for a lost cause...

Sakkreth 05-12-2011 04:22 PM

Go Miami!

Skywalker 05-12-2011 05:01 PM

Hope Bosh wins the title.

DJMason 05-12-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker
Hope Bosh continues to ride the coat tales of the two best players in the league and wins the title.

Fixed.

bada bing 05-12-2011 06:21 PM

I still like Bosh and woudl like him to succeed but I just dont like the Miami heat. I do not want that team to win. I love the bulls as I live in chicago now and will be here for the long term as i plan on settling down here permanently. This team is just amazing. I am not sure if the bulls can take on the heat. The only team I see that can take on the heat right now are the Thunder. And this is just based on talent. In the NBA, talent wins. You can take and put a great functional team where every player complements each other but talent alone will win you games in teh NBA. The heat could have the worst bench in NBA history but the top 3 will win them the NBA finals. Thats just how it is.

I hope, atleast, that the bulls take the heat to 7 games and just physically tire them so they stand no chance against the thunder.

the future of the nba: thunder, bulls, memphis, indiana and miami

the era of the spurs, lakers, celtics is coming to a close. This might be the last year fot eh mavs as well.

Prodigy 05-13-2011 12:49 AM

Hoping the Mavs win, those guys deserve it and have paid their dues. OKC or CHI would be fine too I suppose.

Reef 05-13-2011 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prodigy
Hoping the Mavs win, those guys deserve it and have paid their dues. OKC or CHI would be fine too I suppose.

Agreed. It would be nice to see Dirk, Kidd, Marion, and Terry get rings. If not them, I hope it's the Bulls, although I think, unfortunately Miami will take it.

I can see Boozer/Bosh cancel each other out, but then is Chicago's D, which is pretty good, going to be able to stop Wade and LeBron? Rose will have a huge advantage at the point, so he'll have to have some monster games for them to have a chance.

bokes15 05-13-2011 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJMason
Fixed.

this