Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Portland Trail Blazers say goodbye to GM Rich Cho! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223761)

insidehoops 05-23-2011 04:03 PM

Portland Trail Blazers say goodbye to GM Rich Cho!

The Portland Trail Blazers announced today that they have parted ways with Rich Cho, the team’s general manager of basketball operations.

“The fit between Rich and our team simply wasn’t right,” said Trail Blazers President Larry Miller. “This was a tough move because I respect Rich and he’s a good person with many strong skills. But it simply wasn’t a good match.”

For more info, read http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7706

AMISTILLILL 05-23-2011 04:03 PM

Re: Trail Blazers say goodbye to GM Rich Cho!

Oh, wow.

brwnman 05-23-2011 04:07 PM

Again, right before the draft. It's being speculated that it had something to do with the fact that Cho wanted to suspend Roy after his comments in the playoffs against Dallas...

EoJ 05-23-2011 04:08 PM

wtf

Kurosawa0 05-23-2011 04:14 PM

Paul Allen must be tough. Pritchard, now Cho?

AMISTILLILL 05-23-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brwnman
Again, right before the draft. It's being speculated that it had something to do with the fact that Cho wanted to suspend Roy after his comments in the playoffs against Dallas...

Which comments? The ones he made about being upset about not playing enough?

PJR 05-23-2011 04:21 PM

Re: Portland Trail Blazers say goodbye to GM Rich Cho!

Probably due to the comments about Brandon Roy.

brwnman 05-23-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL

Yep. 'feeling sorry for myself.' Putting himself above the team...

KB2009Champ 05-23-2011 04:23 PM

Sorry but the owner is why Portland aint winning anything anytime soon.

All of their GMS are gonna be doing their jobs with him hanging over their shoulder.

chazzy 05-23-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL

Yeah, supposedly Cho already warned Roy about complaining through the media and wanted to suspend him.

therammingman 05-23-2011 04:24 PM

it's karma.

I went to the same law school as Cho and contacted him a few weeks before he became portland's GM for an informational interview. He initially said ok but then he never got back to me after his new hire despite my attempts to get in touch with him.

Still, this is surprising. But screw u cho

jb220 05-23-2011 04:24 PM

Roy is a drama queen, a cancer, they should release him.

Crown&Coke 05-23-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KB2009Champ
Sorry but the owner is why Portland aint winning anything anytime soon.

All of their GMS are gonna be doing their jobs with him hanging over their shoulder.

That is 2 quality GM's gone in 2 successive years. Portland was a model of consistency and blew that all up quickly. I wonder if they hire from within??

The owner is pretty good, but he is quickly becoming Jerry Jones like, micromanaging everything but willing to spend money.

Kurosawa0 05-23-2011 04:31 PM

If you're Minnesota, do you kinda look at Kahn and say "Really?" with guys like Pritchard and Cho available?

bagelred 05-23-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

The Portland Trail Blazers announced today that they have parted ways with Rich Cho, the team’s general manager of basketball operations.

“The fit between Rich and our team simply wasn’t right,” said Trail Blazers President Larry Miller. “This was a tough move because I respect Rich and he’s a good person with many strong skills. But it simply wasn’t a good match.”

In addressing the media, the interview took a strange turn with regards to the reason for Cho's dismissal.

"I mean, the man is Asian, for Pete's sake." Miller continued, "I didn't know that until about 5 days ago. Who hires an Asian man to run a basketball team, am I right people?"

Wow. I didn't see that coming. That is just WRONG.:no: