Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Kayne West: If it wasn't for mutts we wouldn't have Video girls (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22392)

Hotlantadude81 12-18-2006 05:31 PM

Kayne West: If it wasn't for mutts we wouldn't have Video girls

Rapper KANYE WEST has stirred up another controversy regarding race after making comments about the offspring of racially mixed couples. West made headlines when he declared that US PRESIDENT GEORGE W BUSH didn't care about black people during a telethon raising funds for Hurricane Katrina victims. And the GOLD DIGGER singer has caused a stir again in the January (07) issue of Essence magazine by commenting on bi-racial babies. He says, "If it wasn't for race mixing there'd be no video girls. Me and most of our friends like mutts a lot. Yeah, in the hood we call 'em mutts!"
20/11/2006 20:20

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...emarks_1014171

Rasheed1 12-19-2006 08:50 AM

its a pretty rude thing to say... but what can anybody do about it :confusedshrug:

if the girls in his hood dont mind being called mutts, what can anybody else do about it

illexclusiv 12-19-2006 09:18 AM

yeah, it's out of line...but please don't tell me that's more offensive than any of the other name's used to describe women! artist for years have called women: ho's, b*tches, sl*ts, etc. and now bi-racial women are outraged for being called mutts? honestly, there's bigger issues to worry about than some artist calling bi-racial women mutts.

Timmeh 12-19-2006 11:44 AM

Kanye West is an ass hole for more reasons than this. I've never liked the guys music, he's just an annoying person all around.

hateraid 12-19-2006 01:24 PM

i've always said filipinos were the mutts of the world and we have the hottest girls, so yeah, I can relate.

Hotlantadude81 12-19-2006 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illexclusiv
yeah, it's out of line...but please don't tell me that's more offensive than any of the other name's used to describe women! artist for years have called women: ho's, b*tches, sl*ts, etc. and now bi-racial women are outraged for being called mutts? honestly, there's bigger issues to worry about than some artist calling bi-racial women mutts.

Actually it runs deeper than that. He might aswell have said all non mixed black women are ugly. That's what it sounds like to me anyways.

final.wrath 12-19-2006 07:33 PM

i've heared "light skinned" black people are considered more attractive than dark skinned. true?

LAZYBOY 12-19-2006 07:34 PM

Kanye West should die.

haterofhaters 12-19-2006 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by final.wrath
i've heared "light skinned" black people are considered more attractive than dark skinned. true?

yes, that's what the majority of people say. it's all a matter of taste though.

Ryansrams 12-19-2006 09:51 PM

Can't stand Kanye but must admit he comes out real nice on E-40s Tell Me When to go Remix check it out

JtotheIzzo 12-19-2006 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hateraid
i've always said filipinos were the mutts of the world and we have the hottest girls, so yeah, I can relate.

a mix of Spanish, Chinese, and Pacific Islander. yeah Filippinas are dope.

I've been to Manila a few times, fine women everywhere

jbot 12-19-2006 11:24 PM

ah, he sucks anyway. looks like he's always got a mouthful of big macs or something. and that gold digger song is horrible.

Hotlantadude81 12-19-2006 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by final.wrath

Not to me. I'm pale as h*ll and I love the color contrast.

illexclusiv 12-20-2006 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
Actually it runs deeper than that. He might aswell have said all non mixed black women are ugly. That's what it sounds like to me anyways.

So what if he stated that?! It's just a matter of personal preference. One man's opinion! Look, I enjoy some of Kanye's music, but that's as far as it goes. His opinion won't change my views. He's an entertainer. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hotlantadude81 12-21-2006 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illexclusiv
So what if he stated that?! It's just a matter of personal preference. One man's opinion! Look, I enjoy some of Kanye's music, but that's as far as it goes. His opinion won't change my views. He's an entertainer. Nothing more, nothing less.

So what if he said that? Just because you only care about things that are shallow doesn't mean everybody else does. The fact of the matter he runs off his trap about how so and so doesn't care about black people. And he does?

The comments he makes suggest otherwise. I guess part of it is that he just wants to be hip and spew off stuff to please his lame white fans. But still, he shouldn't talk about people not caring about black people when he doesn't care about them either.

He's just another reason why modern "music" blows.

I know you'll probably tell me he raised funds and did such and such... But's all part of hype and politics.