Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   LeBron: Winning Will Take Care Of My Legacy... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225702)

dyna 06-07-2011 12:52 PM

LeBron: Winning Will Take Care Of My Legacy...

LeBron James said he was not concerned about his legacy.

"I just want to win," he told reporters. "My individual stats will take care of itself. In a series I've averaged 38 points a game and we've lost in the Eastern Conference Finals against Orlando.

"This is a team game. My resume will speak for itself after I'm done with this game of basketball. What me and my team mates are trying to accomplish now is the only thing I'm worried about.

"When I'm done, I'll let you guys figure where I should be placed."

:confusedshrug:

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/...er=rss&emc=rss

Samurai Swoosh 06-07-2011 12:57 PM

Re: LeBron: Winning Will Take Care Of My Legacy...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyna
LeBron James said he was not concerned about his legacy.

"I just want to win," he told reporters. "My individual stats will take care of itself. In a series I've averaged 38 points a game and we've lost in the Eastern Conference Finals against Orlando.

"This is a team game. My resume will speak for itself after I'm done with this game of basketball. What me and my team mates are trying to accomplish now is the only thing I'm worried about.

2LeTTeRS 06-07-2011 01:08 PM

He's probably right, perception of events does generally change over time. Not sure why this had to be said though.

DirtySanchez 06-07-2011 01:27 PM

I agree with LeBron. It is true what he says. He wins titles with Miami be it 2'3'4 etc. then his move to Miami to play with Bosh and Wade will be justified. Certain people will say he played second fiddle to Wade etc. but you know what you have to respect the man at the end of the day for willing to turn his game down at times for the better of the team. I think LeBron knows he will never be seen as better the Jordan no matter what so why chase that ghost? LeBron maybe smarter then you, I, we all think.

I just did not like the way he went about making his announcements etc. And I do think LeBron is a cocky prick. But hey he is two wins away from probably starting a dynasty.

Still I hope he fails. :D

FindingTim 06-07-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
He's probably right, perception of events does generally change over time. Not sure why this had to be said though.

because he has been widely criticized for his recent lack of crunchtime scoring, when in reality he has played really well (all around game).

come to think of it, he rarely, RARELY has a truly bad game. Even at his worst, he still makes a big impact. of course, a championship will silence the doubters (haters??).

The Ownage 06-07-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh

Always gets me :roll: :roll:

The_Night_Elf 06-07-2011 01:46 PM

Staements probably true. When he retires I picture that's when a lot of the haters will forgive lol.

Blue&Orange 06-07-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyna

Nowhere near the TOP10 dear Lebron, everything you will do with the heat will have a huge, colossal, seen from space, asterisk.

LEFT4DEAD 06-07-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
Nowhere near the TOP10 dear Lebron, everything you will do with the heat will have a huge, colossal, seen from space, asterisk.

One of the greatest talents to play the game of basketball putting up incredible stats since his first season with just one ring will be borderline top 10 ever for 90% of non-hater fans. Haters' problem is that they are basing their opinion about Lebron on everything he does off the court, not on the court. They are blind on his games, they dont like to watch his games because his every basket and incredible play is eating them from inside. You should first realise that you have psycho' problem because your hate on this BASKETBALL PLAYER is based on his personal life. Your hate dont have anything to do with the GAME OF BASKETBALL.
But I will repeat myself. 80 % his haters will be his biggest fans after his 2nd ring. Keep on with hating. :cheers:

3zazer1 06-07-2011 02:11 PM

When I say this, I'm not hating on him.

but
1) They havent won shit yet

2)Wade will always have the one up on Lebron

We will all harper on him leaving the Cavs and insted remember the rings won when he joined (arguably) the 2nd best player in the league. His legasy is ****ed.

Sorry, Lebron.

(and I say again, not hating on him. I'm actually becoming a fan of him again :D )

Nevaeh 06-07-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
I agree with LeBron. It is true what he says. He wins titles with Miami be it 2'3'4 etc. then his move to Miami to play with Bosh and Wade will be justified. Certain people will say he played second fiddle to Wade etc. but you know what you have to respect the man at the end of the day for willing to turn his game down at times for the better of the team. I think LeBron knows he will never be seen as better the Jordan no matter what so why chase that ghost? LeBron maybe smarter then you, I, we all think.

I just did not like the way he went about making his announcements etc. And I do think LeBron is a cocky prick. But hey he is two wins away from probably starting a dynasty.

Still I hope he fails. :D

Good point. Lebron could've easily become a "Chuck-First" type player to chase scoring titles, but the flip side is he could've knocked his career shooting percentage into the 40s and be looked at as inefficient when his career is done.

He won't be looked at any different than any other All-Time greats when it's said and done years from now. So long as he's not being overrated and causing people to dig deeper to analyze his accomplishments, he should be fine.

LEFT4DEAD 06-07-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3zazer1
When I say this, I'm not hating on him.

but
1) They havent won shit yet

2)Wade will always have the one up on Lebron

We will all harper on him leaving the Cavs and insted remember the rings won when he joined (arguably) the 2nd best player in the league. His legasy is ****ed.

Sorry, Lebron.

(and I say again, not hating on him. I'm actually becoming a fan of him again :D )

1. Say this to me in about one week again.
2.That means nothing. Bill Russell has 4 more than Jordan. Is he better?
And BTW I dont see nothing wrong with having Wade in top10 after his third (Lebron's 2nd ring).

The Judge 06-07-2011 02:16 PM

The fact that he failed to be a winner on his hometown and had to go chase a ring will always haunt him and his legacy.

Sucks, but it's the truth.

WadeBronDonJuan 06-07-2011 02:18 PM

The haters will eat this up like they do everything else about LeBron. I can only think of one other thing that is so unjustly hated by ignorant and angry people, and that is Apple.

Blue&Orange 06-07-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
One of the greatest talents to play the game of basketball putting up incredible stats from his first season with just one ring will be borderline top 10 ever for 90% of non-hater fans. Haters' problem is that they are basing their opinion about Lebron on everything he does off the court, not on the court. They are blind on his games, they dont like to watch his games because his every basket and incredible play is eating them from inside. You should first realise that you have psycho' problem because your hate on this BASKETBALL PLAYER is based on his personal life. Your hate dont have anything to do with the GAME OF BASKETBALL.
But I will repeat myself. 80 % his haters will be his biggest fans after his 2nd ring. Keep on with hating. :cheers:

Your post is definition of psycho.

Other than philly series, i've watched every Lebron game in the playoffs so yes it's eating me up inside.

Maybe you should try to take Lebron's c0ck from your mouth, and explain without sounding like a dumbass why he would be top10 with a title.

What's next? Scottie Pippen is a top10 player? Every title Lebron collects from now on will have Robert Horry status.