Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If Celtics will have him, Marquis Daniels would be happy to return to Boston (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230796)

insidehoops 07-25-2011 12:26 PM

If Celtics will have him, Marquis Daniels would be happy to return to Boston
 
Generally, very player is open to signing with just about any team. Especially squads like the Celtics, Lakers and the league's other big attractions.

Daniels is one such player:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8064

JohnnySic 07-25-2011 12:29 PM

Re: If Celtics will have him, Marquis Daniels would be happy to return to Boston
 
I would absolutely take 'Quis back if he's healthy.

He was playing great before his freak injury. Him and Green would be a nice pair off the bench at the 2/3, providing relief for PP and Allen (both of whom should not be playing more than about 30 mpg at this point).

DO It, Danny!

insidehoops 07-25-2011 12:29 PM

Re: If Celtics will have him, Marquis Daniels would be happy to return to Boston
 
Note: My quick-take on this and the Celtics in general are in that blog entry.

I'm going to try to add some opinion into each news entry from now on, especially during the lockout when news is scarce

JohnnySic 07-25-2011 12:36 PM

Re: If Celtics will have him, Marquis Daniels would be happy to return to Boston
 
Paul Pierce
Ray Allen
Jeff Green
Marquis Daniels
Delonte West

^That's enough to handle those goofs in Miami, especially if they dont go and break Rondo's arm again...

Theoo's Daddy 07-25-2011 01:09 PM

Re: If Celtics will have him, Marquis Daniels would be happy to return to Boston
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Paul Pierce
Ray Allen
Jeff Green
Marquis Daniels
Delonte West

^That's enough to handle those goofs in Miami, especially if they dont go and break Rondo's arm again...



bring it on brother, but just a word of caution,jeff green is a black hole that will be exploited.

Hittin_Shots 07-25-2011 01:09 PM

Re: If Celtics will have him, Marquis Daniels would be happy to return to Boston
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
bring it on brother, but just a word of caution,jeff green is a black hole that will be exploited.


So is no.6

Theoo's Daddy 07-25-2011 01:10 PM

Re: If Celtics will have him, Marquis Daniels would be happy to return to Boston
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hittin_Shots
So is no.6


not against boston :no: especially with jeff green on the line up :roll:

Hittin_Shots 07-25-2011 01:16 PM

Re: If Celtics will have him, Marquis Daniels would be happy to return to Boston
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
not against boston :no: especially with jeff green on the line up :roll:


You mean only so far as Jeff Green has been in the lineup, because I'm sure I remember him against Boston didn't turn out to well before last season

Theoo's Daddy 07-25-2011 01:28 PM

Re: If Celtics will have him, Marquis Daniels would be happy to return to Boston
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hittin_Shots
You mean only so far as Jeff Green has been in the lineup, because I'm sure I remember him against Boston didn't turn out to well before last season


Lebron only had 1 bad game against celtics in the playoffs, he averages 30 PPG against them. Jeff green is a black hole though.

Papaya Petee 07-25-2011 02:15 PM

Re: If Celtics will have him, Marquis Daniels would be happy to return to Boston
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Paul Pierce
Ray Allen
Jeff Green
Marquis Daniels
Delonte West

^That's enough to handle those goofs in Miami, especially if they dont go and break Rondo's arm again...

Good luck :roll:

AMISTILLILL 07-25-2011 05:24 PM

Re: If Celtics will have him, Marquis Daniels would be happy to return to Boston
 
I was never that into Marquis in Boston. He had a decent slashing game, I guess. He seemed to have that same apprehension coming in that Green exhibited when he arrived. Struggling to figure out his role in the rotation, apprehensive to put his best foot forward. I wanted him to work out and I guess I wouldn't hate the idea of him returning... but meh.

I'm still so confused by that injury. Such a small amount of force and contact and the guy fell like a bag of bricks.

Theoo's Daddy 07-25-2011 05:40 PM

Re: If Celtics will have him, Marquis Daniels would be happy to return to Boston
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
I was never that into Marquis in Boston. He had a decent slashing game, I guess. He seemed to have that same apprehension coming in that Green exhibited when he arrived. Struggling to figure out his role in the rotation, apprehensive to put his best foot forward. I wanted him to work out and I guess I wouldn't hate the idea of him returning... but meh.

I'm still so confused by that injury. Such a small amount of force and contact and the guy fell like a bag of bricks.



Marquis grew soft over the years. he was a tough cookie in dallas. Thats what sitting on the bench does to you. In indiana he was a bench warmer.

ballerz 07-25-2011 08:40 PM

Re: If Celtics will have him, Marquis Daniels would be happy to return to Boston
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
Lebron only had 1 bad game against celtics in the playoffs, he averages 30 PPG against them. Jeff green is a black hole though.

But lebron couldn't beat the celtics by himself. he needed to join with a top 5 player in the league and a all-star power forward to beat an aging big 3

Theoo's Daddy 07-25-2011 09:40 PM

Re: If Celtics will have him, Marquis Daniels would be happy to return to Boston
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ballerz
But lebron couldn't beat the celtics by himself. he needed to join with a top 5 player in the league and a all-star power forward to beat an aging big 3


Yeah, celtics couldn't win without a big 3, kobe couldn't win without phil,etc. whats your point :confusedshrug:

AMISTILLILL 07-25-2011 09:50 PM

Re: If Celtics will have him, Marquis Daniels would be happy to return to Boston
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
Yeah, celtics couldn't win without a big 3, kobe couldn't win without phil,etc. whats your point :confusedshrug:


I think it goes without saying that those are all incredibly different situations.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy