Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Bismack still isn't cleared to play for the Bobcats yet (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241209)

insidehoops 12-03-2011 04:27 PM

Bismack still isn't cleared to play for the Bobcats yet

His overseas team is putting up a fight and wants money, still

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8668

rufuspaul 12-04-2011 08:33 AM

Re: Bismack still isn't cleared to play for the Bobcats yet

He worked out at TWC arena on Fri. Tyrus Thomas described him as "Emeka strong".

~spectre~ 12-05-2011 08:28 PM

Bismack Byombo Workout Video 12/2/11

A tasty little treat.

No doubt that's been cherry picked somewhat, but as you guys can see he's not totally inept offensively. And he's just 19!

rufuspaul 12-06-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~spectre~
Bismack Byombo Workout Video 12/2/11

A tasty little treat.

No doubt that's been cherry picked somewhat, but as you guys can see he's not totally inept offensively. And he's just 19!

He's got pretty good form on that short range jumper.:banana:

~spectre~ 12-06-2011 05:36 PM

The thing I noticed most about Smack in the Jimmer game was that he seemed to get over-excited whenever he got the ball low, making him look uncoordinated and "rushed". A little seasoning with Silas and I think he'll be MUCH better offensively then everyone's been saying.

Of course everyone has been saying he's totally worthless on that end...so no comparisons to Hakeem coming from here either!

rufuspaul 12-06-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

The thing I noticed most about Smack in the Jimmer game was that he seemed to get over-excited whenever he got the ball low, making him look uncoordinated and "rushed". A little seasoning with Silas and I think he'll be MUCH better offensively then everyone's been saying.

Of course everyone has been saying he's totally worthless on that end...so no comparisons to Hakeem coming from here either!

If anyone in the league knows how to work with big men it's Paul Silas. He will relish working with a big, raw talent. It's what he was put on this Earth to do.

~spectre~ 12-14-2011 03:00 PM

Ok...how ironic is this comment?

Quote:

mikepersinger Mike Persinger
Jordan says Bismack Biyombo reminds him of Hakeem Olajuwon.
42 minutes ago

Boom! :lol

liverpooty 12-15-2011 01:58 PM

Was a pretty ridiculous comparison by Jordan, but hopefully he is correct.

rufuspaul 12-16-2011 07:44 AM

I like this from coach Silas:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Bonnell
Silas told a great story about Biyombo's stamina and concentration from Biyombo's pre-draft workout. The Bobcats ask big men to dunk continuously at the same rim until they're too exhausted to do it correctly.

Typically a big man dunks about 30 times before he gets tired and sloppy. After Biyombo reached 73 dunks, Silas said, "That's enough."

"Bam! Bam! Bam!" Silas recalled. "He could have gotten to 100."

ballsohard247 12-16-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I like this from coach Silas:

Really hope he gets to play for us this year.

~spectre~ 12-19-2011 09:50 AM

Bismack Biyombo free to join Bobcats

:cheers:

If my math is correct Smack will be paying out just slightly over 1 million US assuming Jordan pays the full 525K allowed.

rufuspaul 12-19-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Bismack Biyombo free to join Bobcats

:cheers:

If my math is correct Smack will be paying out just slightly over 1 million US assuming Jordan pays the full 525K allowed.

:basketball :djparty :party: :hammertime: :dancin

Great news. He's gonna be raw but Silas will teach him solid fundamentals. He has the potential to be an absolute beast. I'm now excited about the season.:rockon: