Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   If NYK get rid of Douglas who can they get? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242170)

MightyWhitey 12-09-2011 04:07 PM

If NYK get rid of Douglas who can they get?

Valid question. Now the line-up looks as follows:

C - Chandler
PF - Amare
F - Melo
SG - Fields
G - Douglas? (Is it impossible to try and reel back Felton?)

percolator 12-09-2011 05:03 PM

Re: If NYK get rid of Douglas who can they get?

Felton is the starting PG in Portland now, and we don't have anything to trade for him anyway.

Not expecting Douglas to be traded, but not expecting him to be our starting point either. We'll use the MLE on somebody. We've been linked to JJ Barea, or the recently amnestied Baron Davis could be a possibility. One name that really intrigues me is Nate Robinson, going to be released by OKC and I'd love to have him back.

Clutch 12-09-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by percolator
Felton is the starting PG in Portland now, and we don't have anything to trade for him anyway.

Not expecting Douglas to be traded, but not expecting him to be our starting point either. We'll use the MLE on somebody. We've been linked to JJ Barea, or the recently amnestied Baron Davis could be a possibility. One name that really intrigues me is Nate Robinson, going to be released by OKC and I'd love to have him back.

Please no.

Bano114 12-09-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by percolator

I think D'Antoni would be heavily against the FO bringing Nate back. I wouldn't expect that to happen?

Do we have the full MLE? Any chance Jamal comes back or is he joining the Bulls?

percelloveknicks 12-09-2011 09:44 PM

what about mike bibby, he is an experienced veteran, and we most certainly can get him on the cheap.

Rowe 12-09-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
what about mike bibby, he is an experienced veteran, and we most certainly can get him on the cheap.

Did anybody else see him in the Heat games?

Im not sure what happened but his knees & shot both disappeared in the last year.

Rameek 12-09-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld reported Friday that free agent PG Mike Bibby is in "serious negotiations" with the Knicks.
This shouldn't rain on Toney Douglas' parade all that much, as Bibby's best days are behind him and Douglas is easily the better player. It would be smart, however, on the Knicks side to sign Bibby and have him mentor Douglas. We'll see.
Source: Alex Kennedy on Twitter Dec 9 - 9:00 PM

You wont get anything much for TD.