Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Larry Brown is fired, Isiah Thomas now coach (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2436)

insidehoops 06-22-2006 10:06 AM

Larry Brown is fired, Isiah Thomas now coach

http://www.insidehoops.com/brown-fir...h-062206.shtml

geeWiz15 06-22-2006 10:08 AM

So did Larry get all his money?

Wow, what a big *****.

knicksfan3 06-22-2006 10:10 AM

It really snaps my @ss he got paid all that money for a horrbile record. Rumors have it Brown might be with the Bobcats. Only a rumor though.

artificial 06-22-2006 10:11 AM

damn... will isiah be a coach as good as the gm he is?

Real Men Wear Green 06-22-2006 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knicksfan3
It really snaps my @ss he got paid all that money for a horrbile record. Rumors have it Brown might be with the Bobcats. Only a rumor though.

Out of curiosity, how do you snap an ass?

geeWiz15 06-22-2006 10:14 AM

why do the bobcats want any part of his dumb ass? they already have bernie bickerstaff making these guys play well, WELL above their talent. meanwhile brown has the Knicks playing well, WELL below theirs. Really, if a coach's merit is judged based on how much better he makes his players, Brown is one of the worst ever and Bick is one of the best.

knicksfan3 06-22-2006 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artificial
damn... will isiah be a coach as good as the gm he is?

I think he will be better in the fact that he will run this offense as it is meant to be played. This team was holding back on offense last year with Brown as the coach and it also showed with the Pistons. Zeke will let Starbury and Franchie take over games as they are meant to. Also he will def give more playing time to David Lee and the incoming rookies. Im very excited to see how this will turn out.

Also Geewiz http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/...arc_berman.htm theres the site but its only a rumor as I said really shocks me that they made an article on that but they did. No one wants Larry Brown unless theyre team consits of allstar defense and willing to lose a coach in 1-3 years.

kumquat 06-22-2006 10:19 AM

You also forgot the Pistons didn't go too well with that "extra offense" in the playoffs.

knicksfan3 06-22-2006 10:31 AM

Wait was there a buyout out of his contract?

cyco127 06-22-2006 10:33 AM

Well it's about freakin' time Dolan let Isiah go down with his ship...

Joey Zaza 06-22-2006 10:33 AM

I'm a Knicks fan. A big one. Have been one for years. I love Ewing and Starks, and Riley, and Frazier, and DeBushere, I even voted for Bradley.

This team makes me absolutely f-ing crazy. The only thing worse than the players is the front office. The front office is WORSE than the players. As selfish and overpaid and poorly constructed you think the team and players are, the front office is worse.

THERE IS NO PLAN. THERE IS NO STRUCTURE. EVERY MOVE IS JUST A KNEE JERK REACTION TO THE MOVE BEFORE IT.

Marbury misses a handful of games -- Do they ride it out, knowing its a long season? No, they immediately trade for Jalen. Davis and his specatcular service record, makes one mistake and misses some games. The only player with toughness and defense. Do they ride it out? No, they gotta trade him.

The needed a center so badly, the spend 30mil once than 50 mill AND 2 draft picks last summer. But you already bought a Center - why buy another one?

What did they think was going to happen when they got Brown? Magic? They brought him in without any players to suit his style. Sometimes it takes longer than a season to get the right mix of players and system. Sometimes progress is gradual.

Brown's first season with the 76ers was awful. As was his first season with the Spurs.

This constant upheaval is maddening.

Sure, there are always personnel changes but the systems, the strategies, the mangement and the main players stay in place. Haslem-Wade-VG/Riley have been together 3 years - Shaq another 2. The whole of the pistons. TD-Pop-Manu-TP-Buford.

I cannot beleive this is my team. In the old days I would laugh at teams like this. Teams that cannot keep a coach, keep changing players and always wind up with nothing. Now, we have the bad record and the bad front-office and the lack of a superstar, system, or plan for the future.

There has got to be aplan. A three-year plan would be great. Assembling players and coaches who fit each other as part of a common goal for improvement.

THERE IS NO PLAN!.

Tarik One 06-22-2006 10:33 AM

The Knicks are now pretty much a lock to go the the Finals in '07. Isiah is a winner. He's made all the right moves since becoming a gm, and he's an even greater coach as evident in Indiana. Look at how he's consistently gotten the Pacers to the 1st round of the playoffs. In NY, he has been able to load that team up with a bunch of guards and swingmen who amount to the league's highest payroll. Sure, they may not be winning many games, but at least the brothas are gettin paid. Isiah is the Nino Brown of the NBA.

adamcz 06-22-2006 10:35 AM

Haha, the Knicks paid Larry $50 million for one season of last place. More than any other 5 coaches combined.

Sham 06-22-2006 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
I'm a Knicks fan. A big one. Have been one for years. I love Ewing and Starks, and Riley, and Frazier, and DeBushere, I even voted for Bradley.

This team makes me absolutely f-ing crazy. The only thing worse than the players is the front office. The front office is WORSE than the players. As selfish and overpaid and poorly constructed you think the team and players are, the front office is worse.

THERE IS NO PLAN. THERE IS NO STRUCTURE. EVERY MOVE IS JUST A KNEE JERK REACTION TO THE MOVE BEFORE IT.

Marbury misses a handful of games -- Do they ride it out, knowing its a long season? No, they immediately trade for Jalen. Davis and his specatcular service record, makes one mistake and misses some games. The only player with toughness and defense. Do they ride it out? No, they gotta trade him.

The needed a center so badly, the spend 30mil once than 50 mill AND 2 draft picks last summer. But you already bought a Center - why buy another one?

What did they think was going to happen when they got Brown? Magic? They brought him in without any players to suit his style. Sometimes it takes longer than a season to get the right mix of players and system. Sometimes progress is gradual.

Brown's first season with the 76ers was awful. As was his first season with the Spurs.

This constant upheaval is maddening.

Sure, there are always personnel changes but the systems, the strategies, the mangement and the main players stay in place. Haslem-Wade-VG/Riley have been together 3 years - Shaq another 2. The whole of the pistons. TD-Pop-Manu-TP-Buford.

I cannot beleive this is my team. In the old days I would laugh at teams like this. Teams that cannot keep a coach, keep changing players and always wind up with nothing. Now, we have the bad record and the bad front-office and the lack of a superstar, system, or plan for the future.

There has got to be aplan. A three-year plan would be great. Assembling players and coaches who fit each other as part of a common goal for improvement.

THERE IS NO PLAN!.

I really feel for you NY fans man. As much as I hate NY fans...part of me really feels sorry for you guys too.

Isiah needs to go. I can't believe he's going to be both GM and coach now. This is getting absurd.

WildStyle 06-22-2006 10:37 AM

Isiah has a better chance of leading these guys to the playoffs then Larry.