Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Thoughts/Opinions on Trent Richardson? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247159)

Carbine 01-10-2012 09:52 PM

Thoughts/Opinions on Trent Richardson?

Where do you think he ends up getting drafted?

Cincy seems like the most appropriate place, however it's highly unlikely he's there at 17 for the Bengals.

takeittothehoop 01-10-2012 10:11 PM

Re: Thoughts/Opinions on Trent Richardson?

Wouldn't use a top 10 pick on him, he is clearly the best RB in the class though.

I think there's a slight chance he drops to #17, not a lot of teams have a big need of a RB..:confusedshrug:

AirGauge23 01-10-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbine

Cincy seems like the most appropriate place, however it's highly unlikely he's there at 17 for the Bengals.

Does Cincy have picks?

They could move up a couple of spots to get him.

knickballer 01-10-2012 10:13 PM

RB's are a dime in a dozen.. No need to waste a mid first on him

Snoop_Cat 01-10-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickballer
RB's are a dime in a dozen.. No need to waste a mid first on him

I agree with this philosophy... Not saying that certain RBs aren't better than others nor that some aren't duds but if anything, you would want to upgrade your line so they give your RB more opportunities. I would never want to use a high pick on a RB unless you know for sure that they are a game changer like Peterson

GOBB 01-10-2012 10:37 PM

You wouldnt take Trent Richardson with a mid first rd pick? :wtf:

If he fell to the Bengals that would be one helluva trip with Dalton, Green, Richardson.

scott0326 01-11-2012 01:31 AM

I think he goes late first round, but I think the guy who is going to be the best RB in this draft is Lamar Miller

GatorKid117 01-11-2012 01:33 AM

Marshawn Lynch.

Real Men Wear Green 01-11-2012 02:30 AM

Big, strong, tough. Not going to run a 4.3 but not slow either. Any team can use a guy like that, don't take the RB position for granted because if you can't run the ball on 3rd and 1 you've got a soft offense and sooner or later that will bite you in the ass. Here's hoping he slides in the draft all the way down to the Patriots.

irondarts 01-11-2012 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorKid117
Marshawn Lynch.

Pretty good comparison.

I think he's the best RB in the draft, I think he's the bst RB for a while, he has the talent to go Top-10, but the way RB's are viewed these days, and how it's relatively common to strike gold with one in a later round, I think teams will probably shy away from taking him before the mid first round. I could be wrong, and he may go higher than that, but with the NFL now, I don't think RB's will go super high much anymore.

HB40TheNextStar 01-11-2012 03:13 AM

I think he's much better than his Bama buddy on the Saints.

QUIZZLE 01-11-2012 05:26 AM

He'll be better than Marshawn Lynch. Mark my words.

If you don't use a mid round first on him, you have a severe case of

knickballer 01-11-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
You wouldnt take Trent Richardson with a mid first rd pick? :wtf:

If he fell to the Bengals that would be one helluva trip with Dalton, Green, Richardson.

I feel that running backs selected in the first usually become busts and the ones selected in the later rounds break out. (Benson, Brown, Cadillac, Maroney, Addai, Moreno, Brown, etc..) All the premier RB's are selected in the 2nd round or later..

MK2V1GP 01-11-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirGauge23
Does Cincy have picks?

They could move up a couple of spots to get him.

Does Cincy have picks? :lol

Remember the raping they gave the Raiders for Carson Palmer? Yes, they have picks. Cincy is set up very nicely.

JMT 01-11-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbine

I don't think it's unlikely at all. As others have noted, the NFL doesn't value college RB the way they used to. So much of the pro game is based on catching the ball, blitz recognition and pass protection, things they haven't had to do in college. It's tough to tell who will be able to step in and help right away.

Ingram's a good example. The Saints got him at #28. For a good team that's a value spot. He's going to be a good RB, but not an every down back in that system. Bad teams have to focus on too many other needs, and RB is the deepest position in every draft. McCoy, Rice, Jones-drew all recent second rounders. Foster an undrafted FA.

Richardson's 5'11" and runs likely in the 4.5 range. They say he's a beast in the weight room. Looks like a solid pro, but he's not a game breaker and we've seen time and again how dicey it is projecting long term NFL success for college RB.