Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   JR Smith (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250882)

DirtySanchez 02-06-2012 04:39 PM

JR Smith

Are the Lakers in the hunt for him?

Rumors are the Knicks and "Clippers" want him (they have plenty of shooters why do the Clips want him?) but no rumors about the Lakers in hot pursuit. Yes he can be a headcase but he can score.

What the heck is going on in Lakerland? We need to make moves to improve our roster.

lakerfreak 02-06-2012 06:09 PM

Re: JR Smith

Improvements do need to be made, but the right improvements.

What am I going to do if I have Andrew Bynum and need improvements in other areas, trade for Dwight Howard? Wouldn't solve the problem of the other areas.

We have Kobe, and off the bench we have goudelock, and steve blake when he returns. We don't need another shooting guard, that is going to want 30 minutes a game.

Our point guard area is what is really lacking right now.

DirtySanchez 02-06-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Improvements do need to be made, but the right improvements.

What am I going to do if I have Andrew Bynum and need improvements in other areas, trade for Dwight Howard? Wouldn't solve the problem of the other areas.

We have Kobe, and off the bench we have goudelock, and steve blake when he returns. We don't need another shooting guard, that is going to want 30 minutes a game.

Our point guard area is what is really lacking right now.

Blake should be our point off the bench....G-Loc (my nick name for goudelock) is doing good but he is still a rookie. So yes I do see PG as out biggest hole to fix (and when we get Blake back that will help) but we could use another scorer off the bench. JR would fit that role nicely IMO. And we keep him away from the Clips.

I'm all sold on Bynum staying now. Just hope he remains healthy but the kid is our future. Another PG we can sign is Arron Brooks. He is still in China...but he is quick can hit threes and would be cheap.

And maybe we pick up Sheed?????

But you get Arron Brooks and JR....

pg - Blake Brooks Fisher G-Loc
sg - Kobe JR G-Loc Barnes
sf - Barnes Meta Puke
pf - Gasol Sheed McRob
c - Bynum Gasol McRob

Not bad if you ask me....

DKLaker 02-06-2012 09:26 PM

Clippers seem hell bent on interfering in every deal the Lakers go for.....if they get Smith it's a declaration of war!!!! ( In a basketball sense :oldlol: ).

lakerfreak 02-06-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Clippers seem hell bent on interfering in every deal the Lakers go for.....if they get Smith it's a declaration of war!!!! ( In a basketball sense :oldlol: ).

The whiny little brother is finally getting what he wants. Oh boy...can't be good.

Big_Dogg 02-06-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
Blake should be our point off the bench....G-Loc (my nick name for goudelock) is doing good but he is still a rookie. So yes I do see PG as out biggest hole to fix (and when we get Blake back that will help) but we could use another scorer off the bench. JR would fit that role nicely IMO. And we keep him away from the Clips.

I'm all sold on Bynum staying now. Just hope he remains healthy but the kid is our future. Another PG we can sign is Arron Brooks. He is still in China...but he is quick can hit threes and would be cheap.

And maybe we pick up Sheed?????

But you get Arron Brooks and JR....

pg - Blake Brooks Fisher G-Loc
sg - Kobe JR G-Loc Barnes
sf - Barnes Meta Puke
pf - Gasol Sheed McRob
c - Bynum Gasol McRob

Not bad if you ask me....

Isn't Brooks a restricted FA, don't the Suns have his rights, if so we may be out of the race for him, but JR is a UFA iirc, he would be great in leading the bench offensively but if he did sign with us, how long before Kobe pulls a Sprewell and chokes the $hit out of him for hogging the ball or not playing D?

DKLaker 02-07-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
Isn't Brooks a restricted FA, don't the Suns have his rights, if so we may be out of the race for him, but JR is a UFA iirc, he would be great in leading the bench offensively but if he did sign with us, how long before Kobe pulls a Sprewell and chokes the $hit out of him for hogging the ball or not playing D?

Yeah.....we get JR, his whacko sister and girlfriend.....then sign Arenas and Sheed to go along with Barnes and Metta, who will then go crazy. We can then scare the Sh!t out of teams and dominate. Only problem is that Pau will refuse to unlock his car doors and enter the locker room :oldlol:

Forget Brooks.....now that Chauncey is out the Clippers will go after him.

lakerfreak 02-07-2012 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Yeah.....we get JR, his whacko sister and girlfriend.....then sign Arenas and Sheed to go along with Barnes and Metta, who will then go crazy. We can then scare the Sh!t out of teams and dominate. Only problem is that Pau will refuse to unlock his car doors and enter the locker room :oldlol:

Forget Brooks.....now that Chauncey is out the Clippers will go after him.

Looks like Vitti needs a PhD in abnormal psychology

DirtySanchez 02-07-2012 03:47 AM

Yeah Brooks rights is with the Suns..trade a first rounder for it? Would love to have the guy.

All Net 02-07-2012 08:21 AM

Don't see us having the money or playing time unless he plays SF?

I expect him to land in NY or the clippers.

ZeN 02-07-2012 10:04 AM

With Chauncy out, the Clipps are in need of him.

dd24 02-07-2012 01:21 PM

Smith really wants to go somewhere that he can start. I don't see the Lakers being able to give him as much of a role or nearly as much PT as a team like the Knicks. NY really needs a back court, so I see him heading there.

I don't think the Suns are going to let Brooks go anywhere. I'm sure they're thinking about Nash's replacement right now, and Brooks is a good player who will be fairly affordable. They'll more than likely match any teams offer, as long as it's reasonable. It's not like the Lakers can throw a huge offer out there for him anyhow (nor would that be smart).

LA KB24 02-07-2012 03:47 PM

I don't care about his mental issues anymore, sign this guy. We desperately need bench scoring.

Here's one of his latest tweets:
JR Smith
@TheRealJRSmith
i wonder what @paugasol think of me in LA?

LA KB24 02-07-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
Yeah Brooks rights is with the Suns..trade a first rounder for it? Would love to have the guy.

I'll pass on Brooks, he's a bigger liability defensively than Fisher. I'd rather make that Ramon Sessions trade.

dd24 02-07-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA KB24
I don't care about his mental issues anymore, sign this guy. We desperately need bench scoring.

Here's one of his latest tweets:
JR Smith
@TheRealJRSmith
i wonder what @paugasol think of me in LA?

Didn't he tweet something about NY too though? He's just messing with everyone....