Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Antonio Spurs Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Samuel Dalembert to the Spurs ? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2537)

Baller 06-22-2006 10:54 PM

Samuel Dalembert to the Spurs ?

Well maybe fans. According to the new trade rumors section by Chad Ford, it was reported that the Spurs were one of the few teams that really wanted Sammy. However, Philly wanted no part of Nesterovich in a return deal. So, could this recent deal of Nesto be bihind a deal for Dalembert ? Well according to WIP in Philly, YES. It is said that the Spurs will offer the recently obtained Eric Williams, who is old, and only has one year on his deal, Michael Finely, and another player, possibly Bonner, who might then be sent BACK to Toronto in some way. Dalembert according to sources is very well liked by the Spurs coaching staff who like his Defense/shot-blocking ability, and Rebounding. They know that Nazr is gonna walk, and they really don't like Nazr after the fall-out that he and Pops had. So could this deal happen ? If it does, who replaces Finely ? What, a MLE signing ?

Just thought you guys would like to know :-)

chains5000 06-23-2006 07:37 AM

It would really suck for Finley if they traded him after he got there to try to win a ring.

insidehoops 06-23-2006 05:03 PM

Forgetting dalembert's contract, which is too much, I'm not positive he'd make the best spur in the world, but considering the team has no center right now he's certainly an upgrade.

The contract is an issue, though

timmyD 06-23-2006 10:22 PM

um......

the spurs cant trade bonner or williams for another 30 days which isnt much since its the summer but idk why they would do this, but i do like this trade a lot if it were to happen even though it would suck for finley cuz he did so much for our team

Spurs00 06-26-2006 06:56 PM

I like the trade but does anybody no what Dal's contract pays over the next 4 years....that's the only issue I have other than that....let's roll then.

sixty 07-01-2006 11:38 AM

Dalambert is not the answer.

If sixers are willing to give up on him why the hell should the Spurs pick him up, they are a championship contender for the 2006/7. Why would they want to mess this up?

timmyD 07-02-2006 12:17 PM

id rather have tyson chandler, which is probably going to happen now because of ben probably going to take that fat contract from bulls

SixerFan03 07-05-2006 11:56 AM

Eric Williams can't be traded until August 21st. Neither can Matt Bonner.

If the team doesn't use recently acquired players, the Spurs would have to trade:

Brent Barry + Michael Finley (or Robert Horry) + Beno Udrih. I believe if Horry is used instead of Finley, Udrih is not needed (I would rather have Udrih, though).

Anyway, those are some of the deals that work under the cap.

And Chandler is most likely going to New Orleans for PJ Brown.

sixerfan3511 07-05-2006 03:02 PM

i dont want barry and finley for dalembert. Horrible deal other than the cap space. We won't have a center other than hunter.

SixerFan03 07-05-2006 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
i dont want barry and finley for dalembert. Horrible deal other than the cap space. We won't have a center other than hunter.

Sammy Dalembert has 5 years left on his contract. I don't want him. It's not the best trade, but this team is re-building. They need to trade Dalembert before they can rebuild.

9spurs 08-21-2006 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurs00
I like the trade but does anybody no what Dal's contract pays over the next 4 years....that's the only issue I have other than that....let's roll then.

about 48 million left on his contract :(

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 08-21-2006 10:07 PM

jackie butler is going to suprise you spurs fans this year coming from a knick fan, he might not be the most athletic player but he gets the job done like finishing around the rim

SsKSpurs21 08-24-2006 05:06 PM

iam excited about jackie butler. if he gives us inside hustle, boards and putbacks...basically a bigger malik rose. thats all i really expect from him. as for the red rocket and elson, just space the floor with their range to allow manu and tony access into the lane.

Rapsfan4life 08-24-2006 05:12 PM

I think Sam would be a great center on the Spurs. His contract his not good but if he steps and gets that double double he can get every night, it wont look too bad. I would like to see The Red Rocket back in a Raptors uniform. Met him before, good guy off and on the court.

kobedaman24 08-24-2006 05:12 PM

Can I get the link to this? Dalembert would be perfect for the Spurs.