Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Things are looking bad... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261451)

Tenchi Ryu 04-29-2012 03:32 AM

Things are looking bad...

But the homer in me refuses to just sit and take it. We've lost our superstar and leader, and have gotten dealt a serious blow. But I refuse to just lose right now and admit defeat. We have our work cut out for us, and it looks damn near impossible to be honest. But as time has shown over and over again, we have done the impossible, and in the playoffs, ANYTHING can happen.

So as a Bulls fan, I refuse to accept this season as over, and will continue to cheer our team on. Our players are gonna have to seriously step up, and if they can, we as fans should too....

I leave you with words from Hot Sauce Korver

ConanRulesNBC 04-29-2012 02:07 PM

Re: Things are looking bad...

I think this team can definitely get by the Sixers and get by the Celtics or Hawks. But there's no way they get by the Heat. The refs favor the Heat too much and the Heat are just too good to beat in a 7 game series without Derrick Rose.

KelticForce1349 04-29-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
But the homer in me refuses to just sit and take it. We've lost our superstar and leader, and have gotten dealt a serious blow. But I refuse to just lose right now and admit defeat. We have our work cut out for us, and it looks damn near impossible to be honest. But as time has shown over and over again, we have done the impossible, and in the playoffs, ANYTHING can happen.

So as a Bulls fan, I refuse to accept this season as over, and will continue to cheer our team on. Our players are gonna have to seriously step up, and if they can, we as fans should too....

I leave you with words from Hot Sauce Korver

:bowdown: Great stuff from Kyle! :cheers:

Go Getter 04-30-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I think this team can definitely get by the Sixers and get by the Celtics or Hawks. But there's no way they get by the Heat. The refs favor the Heat too much and the Heat are just too good to beat in a 7 game series without Derrick Rose.

:facepalm

My God can you be any more oblivious?

(e) 04-30-2012 01:23 AM

Props Korver. I really hope they band together and show the league what this TEAM can do. I have my doubts about winning the whole thing now without Rose, but no excuses - go get it.

And what happened to Rose could of happened to anyone. We've seen 2 stars who were never injured (Rose, Dwight) both go down in the crazy season. We've now seen Shump and Butler both suffer pretty bad injuries too. Nobody is safe, and there is still a lot of ball left. Say Bosh goes down with an injury - I'd take Chicago over Miami in a series.

97 bulls 04-30-2012 05:38 AM

I'm still in shock. If there's a silver lining, its that rose is young and will adjust his game to be based more on skill and athleticism as opposed to just athleticism

Go Getter 04-30-2012 06:16 AM

Seems like people think he's going to come back and look like a cripple or something. There is a chance he comes back better than ever.

step_back 04-30-2012 06:32 AM

If Derrick loses a step from this injury he will still find a way to play at the elite level that he's used too. Tony Parker has never had the ability that Rose has and he has always been deadly getting to the paint.

Everybody needs to put faith into Rose, were not talking about an elite player we're talking about a one of a kind guy. His work ethic alone should be enough to see that he's not going to be slipping from the very top.

97 bulls 04-30-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Getter
Seems like people think he's going to come back and look like a cripple or something. There is a chance he comes back better than ever.

Absolutely. But he needs to learn more skill. Get some post moves, a fadeaway, and continue to develope that jumper. Playing with reckless abandone is only gonna shorten his career.

Go Getter 04-30-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Absolutely. But he needs to learn more skill. Get some post moves, a fadeaway, and continue to develope that jumper. Playing with reckless abandone is only gonna shorten his career.

They said that about Wade, AI, etc, etc....maybe that's his style and he'll stick with it and be fine....maybe he slows it up and plays more conservative and still gets hurt...who knows?

And a fadeaway? You must not remember how he leaned back on BJ for the win brother.

pegasus 04-30-2012 11:21 AM

We all knew how great Rose was, now it's time to find out how great our TEAM is.

I'm still optimistic about this season. We can definitely get past the Sixers, and take the Celtics/Hawks to game 7. And with our home crowd at that game, it is possible that we make it to the ECF.

Miami players think they have an easy route to the finals now, and that's exactly the state of mind we need to catch them in to shock them and the world. We already beat them once without Rose, and once with Rose playing probably the worst basketball of his career, so it is possible.

We can still beat them at the glass and swarm them with our defense and turn Lebron and Wade into jump shooters. NBA may not like it, and the refs may favor the Heat as usual, but we would still have a chance. Go Bulls!!

methusala 04-30-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC

The **** outta here with that defeatist attitude. Unlike you, this team isn't going to curl up in the fetal position after taking a big shot. They're gonna get back up, stare somebody down and get up in their ass.

Something you know nothing about.