Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   What is so good about thomas robinson? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269177)

EllisGW 06-28-2012 01:36 PM

What is so good about thomas robinson?
 
1. he undersized power forward
2. has no midrange shooting game
3. has no ball handling skills to create shot off the dribble
4. post moves are subpar
5. has no long range shooting game
6 wont be superior athlete in the nba like he was in college

he is going to be garbage man hustle player off the bench

Peteballa 06-28-2012 01:37 PM

Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?
 
That's what I have been thinking as well.

MK2V1GP 06-28-2012 01:38 PM

Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?
 
I agree. He won't be anything special in the NBA. Think of a slimmer Sean May, but with less basketball skill.

Punpun 06-28-2012 01:39 PM

Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?
 
You guys are in for a rude awakening. :yaohappy:

iamgine 06-28-2012 01:40 PM

Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?
 
Strengths: High-motor forward that possesses the power/athleticism combination to be an effective player in the NBA ... Explosive leaper ... Doesn't waste any time collecting himself when he catches the ball around the rim ... Great size for a power forward ... Has tremendous length with a 7'1" wingspan ... Strong -- though not bulky -- frame that can generate a lot of power in a hurry ... Very fluid runner ... Quick feet in the paint ... Is efficient and decisive in post-up situations, despite not being especially skilled with his back to the basket ... Aggressive mentality leads to a high number of free-throw attempts ... Has developed a solid right-handed hook shot that's become his go-to move from the left block ... A solid jump shooter, that is more than willing to take advantage of a defense that leaves him open ... A ferocious rebounder (averaged 11.9 rebounds per game in his senior season, good for second in the nation) ... Is particularly adept at chasing down his own misses ... Not afraid to wrestle with bigger players for better position ... Is active and athletic enough to rebound well out of his area ... Has all the tools to defend his position at a high level in the NBA ... Despite not being a very intimidating shot-blocker, he has been an effective defender against post-up situations ... Moves his feet well enough to stay in front of the more mobile power forwards in the NBA ... Hard worker that has improved noticeably every year at school ...

Peteballa 06-28-2012 01:40 PM

Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punpun
You guys are in for a rude awakening. :yaohappy:


Please, whatever happens, don't become the next "OJMAYO6'4MAMBA" type of poster.

LikeABosh 06-28-2012 01:42 PM

Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?
 
He will be a Udonis Haslem type player at best.

MK2V1GP 06-28-2012 01:43 PM

Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamgine
Strengths: High-motor forward that possesses the power/athleticism combination to be an effective player in the NBA ... Explosive leaper ... Doesn't waste any time collecting himself when he catches the ball around the rim ... Great size for a power forward ... Has tremendous length with a 7'1" wingspan ... Strong -- though not bulky -- frame that can generate a lot of power in a hurry ... Very fluid runner ... Quick feet in the paint ... Is efficient and decisive in post-up situations, despite not being especially skilled with his back to the basket ... Aggressive mentality leads to a high number of free-throw attempts ... Has developed a solid right-handed hook shot that's become his go-to move from the left block ... A solid jump shooter, that is more than willing to take advantage of a defense that leaves him open ... A ferocious rebounder (averaged 11.9 rebounds per game in his senior season, good for second in the nation) ... Is particularly adept at chasing down his own misses ... Not afraid to wrestle with bigger players for better position ... Is active and athletic enough to rebound well out of his area ... Has all the tools to defend his position at a high level in the NBA ... Despite not being a very intimidating shot-blocker, he has been an effective defender against post-up situations ... Moves his feet well enough to stay in front of the more mobile power forwards in the NBA ... Hard worker that has improved noticeably every year at school ...


Yeah? And?

All top prospects have a long description like this.


I only see him as a bench/role player who, at best, averages 12/9. I wouldn't want to build my team around him.

BoutPractice 06-28-2012 01:43 PM

Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?
 
6-9 with a 7-3 wingspan isn't undersized.
He's athletic, can really rebound the ball, is likely to develop a reliable midrange jump shot and has the tools to be a nice faceup player as well. Has a good motor and a confident personality.
I don't know if he's a superstar, but with all those qualities, he's unlikely to be a total bust.

iamgine 06-28-2012 01:46 PM

Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Yeah? And?

All top prospects have a long description like this.


I only see him as a bench/role player who, at best, averages 12/9. I wouldn't want to build my team around him.

Time will tell

Clippersfan86 06-28-2012 01:46 PM

Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?
 
Physically he's a slimmer Elton Brand. Brand was also 6'8-6'9 in shoes with a 7'3 wingspan. Odd thing though is that as ripped as Robinson is he's barely 240 pounds. Griffin for example is very lean and he's 255 :confusedshrug: . Robinson is going to be a solid player because of his motor but I'm thinking a downgraded Paul Millsap to be honest. Far from a star or franchise player.

GaryRaymond23 06-28-2012 02:08 PM

Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?
 
I wouldn't pick him in the top 5, he just doesn't have the potential to be the face of a franchise like a few other players do

DuMa 06-28-2012 02:11 PM

Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?
 
brandon bass. potential to be a karl malone player however.

rufuspaul 06-28-2012 02:11 PM

Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?
 
He reminds me of Larry Johnson. He's gonna be a beast.

GaryRaymond23 06-28-2012 02:16 PM

Re: What is so good about thomas robinson?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuMa
brandon bass. potential to be a karl malone player however.


Seriously? So basically you're saying this kid can be anywhere from brandon bass to karl malone ..... no shit


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy