Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Phoenix Suns Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Nash traded to Lakers (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269962)

Anti Hero 07-04-2012 08:32 PM

Nash traded to Lakers
 
We're getting 4 picks... (Per Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic, “In the Nash sign-and-trade, the #Suns will get 2013 & 2015 first-round picks and 2013 & 2014 second-round picks.”) obviously not going to be very high picks.

I'm hoping they are used in trades for good players such as Gordon from NOLA

Thoughts?

Discuss..

Derrick 07-04-2012 08:33 PM

Re: Nash traded to Lakers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anti Hero
We're getting 1st rounders for him.. obviously not going to be very high picks.

I'm hoping they are used in trades for good players such as Gordon from NOLA

Thoughts?

Discuss..

My thoughts exactly, s&t those picks and something else to get Gordon from NOLA. Hopefully his comments make the Hornets want to get rid of him .

Anti Hero 07-04-2012 08:41 PM

Re: Nash traded to Lakers
 
I read that on... somewhere... don't remember but basically said just that. His comments may coherce NOLA to do a S&T which is the only way this deal makes sense unless they really only wanted to do Nash a solid.

Derrick 07-04-2012 08:45 PM

Re: Nash traded to Lakers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anti Hero
I read that on... somewhere... don't remember but basically said just that. His comments may coherce NOLA to do a S&T which is the only way this deal makes sense unless they really only wanted to do Nash a solid.

4 draft picks :rockon: send them over to NOLA there prob shit anyways.

Anti Hero 07-04-2012 08:56 PM

Re: Nash traded to Lakers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Derrick
4 draft picks :rockon: send them over to NOLA there prob shit anyways.

Even if all 4 are first rounders they're gonna be 20 and up.. Either we use them now for a player like Gordon or I'm guessing (if we keep some we can do later) use our pick and the Lakers pick to move up higher in a future draft. I don't hate this trade, it gives us some flexability.. but Nash on the Lakers



gonna take some getting used to

Derrick 07-04-2012 09:01 PM

Re: Nash traded to Lakers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Even if all 4 are first rounders they're gonna be 20 and up.. Either we use them now for a player like Gordon or I'm guessing (if we keep some we can do later) use our pick and the Lakers pick to move up higher in a future draft. I don't hate this trade, it gives us some flexability.. but Nash on the Lakers



gonna take some getting used to

I wanna buy his gold Jersey lol... Still though this is a like a dagger to the heart. I wish he went to the knicks. :facepalm Kind of a sad moment for Suns fans

Anti Hero 07-04-2012 09:08 PM

Re: Nash traded to Lakers
 
All the people in PHX on my Facebook are pissed. Calling this a bitch move by Nash is the most popular comment so far.

Anti Hero 07-04-2012 09:12 PM

Re: Nash traded to Lakers
 
I had thought we already signed GHill but I guess I am wrong (or maybe he means next year:confusedshrug:) Nash is trying to convince him to come to LA also.

Quote:

Sources told ESPN.com that Nash will try to convince longtime teammate Grant Hill, one of his closest friends in the game, to join him with the Lakers. ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher reported over the weekend the Lakers were one of four teams (along with Toronto, New York and Phoenix) in the running for Hill after the 39-year-old's recent trip to Germany to undergo the same platelet-enrichment treatment on his knee that Bryant credited for his rejuvenated knee last season.

Derrick 07-04-2012 09:23 PM

Re: Nash traded to Lakers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anti Hero
I had thought we already signed GHill but I guess I am wrong (or maybe he means next year:confusedshrug:) Nash is trying to convince him to come to LA also.

Jeez :facepalm

Derrick 07-04-2012 09:28 PM

Re: Nash traded to Lakers
 
I see the hateful facebook posts now... People need to remember what Nash did for us :coleman:

Maniak 07-04-2012 09:55 PM

Re: Nash traded to Lakers
 
People are stupid.

In 2 days when people I know find out about this it'll be really annoying.

Derrick 07-04-2012 10:21 PM

Re: Nash traded to Lakers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniak
People are stupid.

In 2 days when people I know find out about this it'll be really annoying.

Id rather get 4 picks (as bad as they will be) then a damaged Shumpert or him going to Toronto for nothing.

Derrick 07-04-2012 11:02 PM

Re: Nash traded to Lakers
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faVX49IFclY

Goosebumps

highwhey 07-04-2012 11:14 PM

Re: Nash traded to Lakers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Derrick
Id rather get 4 picks (as bad as they will be) then a damaged Shumpert or him going to Toronto for nothing.

Hell nah. I wlda rather gotten shumpert and his acl injuries instead of useless draft picks. Sad to see nash go but we all were prepared for it. Im happy that we getting beasly :rockon:

Maniak 07-04-2012 11:15 PM

Re: Nash traded to Lakers
 
Those draft picks might end up being useful in a trade scenario.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy