Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Isiah a lock to stay? .... Say it aint so (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27094)

jjswifty 01-22-2007 06:06 AM

Isiah a lock to stay? .... Say it aint so

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...p-412697c.html

Quote:

Barring an unforeseen collapse and taking into account how smitten Dolan is with Thomas, once the Knicks crack 30 wins, Thomas is a lock to receive an extension. Some believe that Dolan already has made the decision to keep Thomas.

I swear if Isiah stays...I aint a knick fan anymore. :cry: He honestly doesnt have any clue on how to run a team. Id rather Dolan pick some fan out of the stands and make him GM. I mean could we do any worse? :lol:

Quote:

There are many reasons why the Knicks have enjoyed more success under Thomas. I'm just not buying the theory that it all comes down to better team chemistry. The Knicks opened 2006 with a six-game winning streak, beating Phoenix and Dallas along the way. Stephon Marbury had bought into Brown's system and was playing at a high level before suffering a left shoulder injury.

Marbury also sat out with a bum knee. From Jan.18 through the end of the season, the Knicks' best player missed 22 games and the team went 5-17 without him.

Chemistry had nothing to do with Eddy Curry showing up grossly out of shape and missing 10 games due to injury and illness. The Knicks went 3-7 without Curry. Is chemistry the reason why David Lee is so valuable to the Knicks or is it that he is stronger, better and a year wiser? Obviously if Thomas knew what to expect from Lee, he never would have given Jared Jeffries $30 million.

I couldnt agree anymore with this comment. :cheers:

bigdaddybluesman 01-22-2007 07:43 AM

As far as I know all the teams that play at a high level have a core of players that have played together a long time. They do not have the turnover of players a team like the Knicks have had.

Since the Knicks have solidified their rotation and everything has settled down you have seen an improvement. Q being out hurt.....

This team will get better and better as they play together more and stay away from serious injury.

Zeke's performance as a coach/GM will be measured in a few years when the roster will have completely turned over and the core of young players he has assembled have played together for a few years.

Any honest assessment or evaluation of his moves have to be looked at over the outcome of the next few years. Nobody wants to wait and that has been the problem with Knick management and some of the fans.

They had to rebuild through the draft, trades and some smaller free agent acquisitions. Instant fixes have fixed nothing and only made things worse. Thank goodness Dolan said enough and put Zeke on a short leash. I think Isiah also realized he was going in the wrong direction.

All this trade talk is just that, talk. We will never win signing guys on the down side of their careers or washed up has beens who won nothing and me first players.

We have a good core of young players and young veterans who are growing together.

Let's revisit this discussion in 2 years and see were the Knicks are then. So far Zeke's grade is not very good. But I have seen improvement and his tenure here is not done.

I like this team now and for the first time in a really long time I enjoy watching them play.

brooklynchild155 01-22-2007 06:01 PM

i hope isiah stays. i think hes doin a good job. people be talkin mad sh*t about the guy but they are playin better. if they only played better at home throughout the whole season they could be at .500 by now. he's definitely doin a better job then the larry brown did.

knickscity 01-22-2007 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
i hope isiah stays. i think hes doin a good job. people be talkin mad sh*t about the guy but they are playin better. if they only played better at home throughout the whole season they could be at .500 by now. he's definitely doin a better job then the larry brown did.

Cosigned. And I would like to expand. Championship teams are dominant at home and at least .500 on the road.

The knicks are a couple under .500 at home and about the same on the road. We take care of our home court we will be above .500. LB was tanking our season on purpose to take over the GM spot. I really don't like that dude.

Amigo 01-22-2007 10:58 PM

After the total embarrassment tonite against the Heat I really doubt he'll be on the bench for the pre-season. He is grossly overrated at a coach.

I hate you Jerome James. I really do. If you make the NBA, anyone can. You suck.:mad:

Amigo 01-22-2007 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigo
After the total embarrassment tonite against the Heat I really doubt he'll be on the bench for the pre-season. He is grossly overrated at a coach.

I hate you Jerome James. I really do. If you make the NBA, anyone can. You suck.:mad:

Correction. Anyone TALL can play in the NBA if you can. Cuz that's why you are in the NBA. Skills it was not.

knickscity 01-23-2007 12:54 AM

You know during the whole fiasco, I really don't remeber this. Did David Lee start? Of Course not. Jared played 4 lovely minutes of ineffectiveness. Isaiah isn't overrated, though. Nobody in the league respects him. We are the only ones to call him good. Nobody else can coach this group. he built it. he needs to do it. At least he knows he made a mistake signing jeffries. Another doo-doo JJ.

bigdaddybluesman 01-23-2007 08:29 AM

So far Jefferies is a dog.

I really don't know what to think about last night.

It looked like we were in slow motion.

They showed every weakness of this team and exploited it.

Another learning experience I guess.

I think the refs took the Knicks out of the game early as I have seen so many times before.

I think basketball has the worst refs of the big three(football, baseball and basketball). They miss too many calls and have to close a relationship with the players.

They tried to fix that at the beginning of the season but that went out the window fast.

Instead of calling T's they should have just told them to shut up like they do in football. I think the refs are too friendly with the players. I like it better the way baseball is, they both hate each other period. Very little interaction.....

jt24 01-23-2007 01:37 PM

Isiah should be fired, what has he done to keep his job, why because they are 18-25 should we throw a parade for him this team isnt going anywhere, is he a good drafter yes but hes a horrible gm and coach overall, he gave jerome james 30 mil, jefferies 30 mil and crawford 56 mil. he gave up 2 unprotected lottery picks to get curry, he brought in overpaid guys like taylor and rose and had to buy them out, the guys a joke, the knicks will be in much better shape the day this clown is fired. 18-25 in a horrible division ins a horrible conference and people treat this team like were the fricken suns, this team still stinks.