Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Grade your team's offseason (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271770)

StateProperty 07-18-2012 04:53 AM

Grade your team's offseason

Will give mine when on computer.

Based on the draft, trades, FA signings, coaching hires/fires, and fillin team needs...how do you grade their offseason? Did they keep a coach who should have been fired, overpay a free agent, or pass on a draftee you think is a potential stud? Make a superb hire or get a discount signing on a good player?

In before cowboys get an A+++ from you know who

QUIZZLE 07-18-2012 02:06 PM

Re: Grade your team's offseason

Steelers, very nice draft, no major signings whatsoever like usual.

Hard to rank?

A- for the draft?

AlonzoGOAT 07-18-2012 07:37 PM

C Dolphins :(

franchise#3 07-18-2012 07:54 PM

A- for the 49ers. They kept all of the coaching staff together , brought back all of the defensive starters, signed and drafted some promising WR's (49ers biggest weakness last year), re-signed Alex and had a solid draft.

The negatives: did not agree on a long term deal with Dashon, didn't get an established RG and perhaps made some iffy draft choices. However looking at last years draft they drafted really well even when they "reached" for some people (Aldon Smith comes to mind).

-p.tiddy- 07-18-2012 07:54 PM

A+++

-p.tiddy- 07-18-2012 07:56 PM

naw, naw...I'm just playin, just playin :oldlol:

Cowboys get an A++ from me...just two pluses, not three

Heavincent 07-18-2012 08:20 PM

I'll give the Jets a solid B-. They added some much needed safety depth and talent. Landry is pretty damn good when healthy, but I know he'll probably get injured sooner or later. But they also signed Yeremiah Bell and drafted 2 safety's, so they have more talent and depth at that position than they have had in the last few years.

As far as the draft goes, I kind of like the Coples pick. He definitely has the talent, Rex just needs to make sure he always plays hard and doesn't take plays off. In fact, I really like the D-line as a whole. Pouha, Coples, Wilkerson, and Devito should make for a pretty killer line. There's also a lot of depth at that position as well. But the pick I really loved was Stephen Hill. He's probably a little bit raw, but he's big, strong, and fast as hell. He should make for a good deep threat.

It's about time they let Schotty go, but we're still stuck with Wayne Hunter. And we're kind of thin at RB. Shonn Greene is okay, but they want to be a ground and pound team that gets a shitload of rushing yards, so I just wish we had more talent at the position. And we don't really have a great 3rd down back since Tomlinson retired.

But the roster looks better than last year. More speed, talent and athleticism. I'd say Tannenbaum put them in position to win somewhere between 7 and 10 games. Maybe 11 wins if they overachieve.

franchise#3 07-18-2012 08:35 PM

B-:wtf: Common man the Jets got Timothy Mother****ing Tebow. That's an like an A++++++++++++++++++ right there.

Heavincent 07-18-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchise#3
B-:wtf: Common man the Jets got Timothy Mother****ing Tebow. That's an like an A++++++++++++++++++ right there.

I knew someone would bring up Tebow :oldlol: I didn't mention him because I have no idea if his presence will be good or bad.

TheSilentKiller 07-18-2012 10:11 PM

Lions: B. They have been playing it super safe so far, not making any new signings (cap space issues has played a part in this as well). They are really trusting the core group of guys they have. At first I was disappointed by their draft, but looking back it could have been a heck of a lot worse.

Cowboy Thunder 07-19-2012 06:03 PM

Browns: A+++

Drafted the best QB and RB in college football. :applause: :applause:

TheNaturalWR 07-19-2012 06:50 PM

Texans: C+

Lost some players that real Texans fans know are overrated(specifically Mario Williams). Didn't really address the receiver depth and that might cripple us if AJ goes down yet again.

Had a pretty good draft with Mercilus and IMO a steal with Jared Crick.

We now have an amazing OLB rotation which only makes our dominant pass rush even better.

We didn't really have to do anything major anyway because our biggest concern is actually the injury bug. If we stay healthy we're a top 2-3 team in the AFC.:rockon:

Jackass18 07-19-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
Texans: C+

Lost some players that real Texans fans know are overrated(specifically Mario Williams). Didn't really address the receiver depth and that might cripple us if AJ goes down yet again.

Had a pretty good draft with Mercilus and IMO a steal with Jared Crick.

Crick was a beast before he got injured. Maybe not a Suh, but still pretty damn good.

ROCSteady 07-20-2012 05:35 PM

Washington Redskins get an A-

Woulda been a solid A if I didn't feel so shaky bout the secondary.

iggy> 07-20-2012 06:11 PM

I can sum it up with one word...

Dynasty :lol

Na but seriously, demeco ryans, one of the best drafts of the Reid era, locking up our young talent with long term deals... I gotta say A+