Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Dez Bryant is overrated (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277196)

GOBB 09-23-2012 03:07 PM

Dez Bryant is overrated

Deserves its own thread. Nothing more needs to be said.

/locks thread and throws key in ocean

imdaman99 09-23-2012 03:26 PM

Re: Dez Bryant is overrated

tell me something i dont know :lol

99% of the cowgirl players are overrated

Nanners 09-23-2012 03:36 PM

cant believe i drafted this dumbass in fantasy over percy harvin and jordy nelson.

Sarcastic 09-23-2012 03:38 PM

I was told he is better than Hakeem Nicks :confusedshrug:

imdaman99 09-23-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic
I was told he is better than Hakeem Nicks :confusedshrug:

by a fcking dumbass cowgirls homer :roll:

although barden pulled a nicks against the panthers :eek:

bigkingsfan 09-23-2012 05:02 PM

He sucks. What a return.

ballinhun8 09-23-2012 06:05 PM

He's not that good so I don't think he could have ever been overrated.

-p.tiddy- 09-23-2012 09:15 PM

:oldlol: he won the game for us

thanks for the reverse jinx

raid09 09-24-2012 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
:oldlol: he won the game for us

thanks for the reverse jinx

Not sure what that has to do with anything.

He's still a dumbass and just not very good.

-p.tiddy- 09-24-2012 01:51 AM

He might be a dumb ass, but he is without question "good"

he was great today, made some really clutch 3rd down catches, and then of course the punt return that won the game...

really anyone that claims he "isn't good" either doesn't watch him play or just hates the Cowboys...one or the other, because he makes amazing plays

Playmakers Dad 09-24-2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

he was great today, made some really clutch 3rd down catches, and then of course the punt return that won the game...

really anyone that claims he "isn't good" either doesn't watch him play or just hates the Cowboys...one or the other, because he makes amazing plays

Yeah however for every amazing play he makes he makes an equally bad play due to a mental lapse, bad route resulting in a INT, dropped pass, etc. I'm not suggesting he's not a great talent or ineffective and this thread is obviously a gross overreaction but he definitely is overrated to a certain extent. He's had 1 career 100 yard game receiving. For a guy as talented as he is, with a QB as good as Romo thats really disappointing.

kentatm 09-24-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

the punt return didnt win the game. It may have essentially sealed it but it sure didnt win it.

niko 09-24-2012 12:14 PM

He's a great talent but there are a lot of great talents in the league. What seperates you is your work ethic, your preparation, your ability to adjust, to be able to play in weeks later in the season when you get banged up and are not 100%. Other than the talent he's lacking in a lot of other areas.

-p.tiddy- 09-24-2012 01:04 PM

-first of all, WHO IS RATING HIM HIGH?...in order to be overrated you have to be rated high, no one is dumping him in next to Fitz and Calvin and all that.

-second, it is still early in his career, outside of Randy Moss and couple others no one jumps into the NFL and blows up with 1,500 years right off the bat. This is his 3rd year, and I expect him to have monster games, but it is still early in the career of Dez Bryant.

-third...he was drafted LATE in the first round...should I name off the WRs that were picked higher than him in the last few years that have done less?

*Michael Crabtree (picked 10th overall)
*Darrius Heyward-Bey (picked 7th overall)
*Jeremy Maclin (picked 19th overall)
*Demaryius Thomas (picked 22nd overall)

Dez was taken 24th and has been more productive than ALL of those WRs...are they overrated as well?...where is their overrated thread?

Nanners 09-24-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

-first of all, WHO IS RATING HIM HIGH?...in order to be overrated you have to be rated high, no one is dumping him in next to Fitz and Calvin and all that.

-second, it is still early in his career, outside of Randy Moss and couple others no one jumps into the NFL and blows up with 1,500 years right off the bat. This is his 3rd year, and I expect him to have monster games, but it is still early in the career of Dez Bryant.

-third...he was drafted LATE in the first round...should I name off the WRs that were picked higher than him in the last few years that have done less?

*Michael Crabtree (picked 10th overall)
*Darrius Heyward-Bey (picked 7th overall)
*Jeremy Maclin (picked 19th overall)
*Demaryius Thomas (picked 22nd overall)

Dez was taken 24th and has been more productive than ALL of those WRs...are they overrated as well?...where is their overrated thread?

How exactly has Jeremy Maclin "done less" than Dez Bryant?