Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Eli manning is the best QB in football. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277329)

christian1923 09-25-2012 07:30 PM

Eli manning is the best QB in football.

Just throwing that out there. Fresh off a second Super Bowl MVP. Putting up monster stats. Making a couple nobodies look like all pros. :bowdown:

I could praise this man all day:bowdown:

Playmakers Dad 09-25-2012 07:35 PM

Re: Eli manning is the best QB in football.

I made a thread "Eli is the most underrated QB in the NFL" this time last year and got LAMBASTED by everyone. Be great to dig that one up.

IGotACoolStory 09-25-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
I made a thread "Eli is the most underrated QB in the NFL" this time last year and got LAMBASTED by everyone. Be great to dig that one up.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=237846

Jackass18 09-26-2012 06:31 AM

Nope, not the best. I stand by comment that he's too inconsistent.

christian1923 09-26-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackass18
Nope, not the best. I stand by comment that he's too inconsistent.

Yeah in like 2009 lol

niko 09-26-2012 08:27 AM

He's a top tier QB but i'd have to disagree. Regular season does matter. He's top five though. The fact you'd probably rather have him over better QB's in the postseason is something to be proud of though.

DuMa 09-26-2012 01:34 PM

I disagree. no one holds that title. the best QBs from the last few seasons hasnt been that great. Brees/Rodgers/Brady. However, Eli is playing better than them now. You could even argue Flacco or Ryan being better than Eli. Its really a tossup. Cant decide the best QB title until December imho.

tpols 09-26-2012 01:57 PM

I hate eli.. but hes a great QB. Clutch as fvck, smart, accurate, executes. Wish philly had a qb like that instead of these mcnabb vick scrambling types that never win you shit.

Playmakers Dad 09-26-2012 01:58 PM

He's in the mix, he's definitely asserted himself into that top tier. Hard not like the guy, hes also never missed a start.

Carbine 09-26-2012 02:07 PM

Rodgers getting off to a slow start for him doesn't change the fact he's the best quarterback and player in the league.

imdaman99 09-26-2012 02:50 PM

not the best, but there is no one id rather have with the game on the line :cheers:

bisk 09-26-2012 05:21 PM

Right NOW, he's the top Qb in the league, absolutely no doubt about it.

JMT 09-26-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad

Doesn't look like you got "LAMBASTED by everyone". More like it turned into a typical p.tiddy "Why don't you love Romo more???" exercise in futility.

And yes, he has an argument vs any QB in the game right now. Some will have a bigger arm or more athleticism or some other reason to prefer them. But none have delivered in the clutch the way he has over the last few years.

-p.tiddy- 09-26-2012 05:44 PM

Okay well I won't compare him to Romo in this thread but I now think we can make the thread "Eli Manning and the Dreaded OVERrated Word"

he is a great QB and was in fact underrated when Marlo made that thread but best in the NFL?...lol :facepalm

he is NOT on that top tier, never will be unless Rodgers Brees and Brady all die

it is just amazing what a ring does for a QB's perception...it is EVERYTHING in the eyes of fans, but it shouldn't be

-p.tiddy- 09-26-2012 05:48 PM

Eli Manning has LED the NFL in interceptions twice, thrown away more games than any QB in the league...yet the ring has the fans thinking he is the most clutch QB in the league...smh

THE GIANTS WON A SB...not Eli