Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philadelphia 76ers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Andre underrated? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2794)

KnicksFan4Life 06-25-2006 08:29 PM

Andre underrated?
 
I think Andre Iguodala is one of the most underrated players in the league, this guy has had a breakout season, and I dont think he gets the respect that he deserves:violin:

AI09 06-25-2006 09:26 PM

I agree he is rising star and got robbed at the dunk contest

KnicksFan4Life 06-25-2006 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AI09
I agree he is rising star and got robbed at the dunk contest


I am a Knicks fan and like Nate Robinson, but I agree with you 100%. Nates dunks were good, but Andres dunks were way better. He definetly got robbed

NBAfan32 06-26-2006 08:28 AM

Iguodala is a stud but i wouldnt call last season his break out season. I think Sixer fans expected more from him. He was on a tear after the All-Star break and seemed that all the praise he got during that weekend gave him a confindence boost. If he comes back aggressive and with a jumpshot, average 14/7/3/ id be happy.

mln03 06-26-2006 08:51 AM

I agree with you NBAfan32, Iggy right now is a tease. He can pretty much get by anybody guarding him, but will pass up on the jumper if he can't take it all the way. when he learns/chooses to do that he will becoma a very dangerous player.

ppierce34 06-26-2006 03:12 PM

If that was his breakout season, I'm horribly disappointed.

phillystrong 06-27-2006 07:56 AM

All the more reason to get rid of Iverson. Andre will not reach his potential with someone like Iversion. He needs a Steve Nash type player to bring out the best in him and the entire team.

ppierce34 06-27-2006 02:39 PM

Or he could grow a pair of balls. How many times did AI give him the ball and he immediately passed it back or shyed away from taking it to the basket?

KnicksFan4Life 06-27-2006 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillystrong
All the more reason to get rid of Iverson. Andre will not reach his potential with someone like Iversion. He needs a Steve Nash type player to bring out the best in him and the entire team.


That is a good idea, if Andre got some more touches he could get around 20-25 points

Randy450 06-27-2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillystrong
All the more reason to get rid of Iverson. Andre will not reach his potential with someone like Iversion. He needs a Steve Nash type player to bring out the best in him and the entire team.


Iverson is exactly the type of player that Andre needs. If AI goes than Andre would be a main offensive threat. That is not his style. If teams try to stop him, he can easily be stopped. With Iverson there other teams concentrate on him and not Andre. All andre needs to do is get a better one on one game and he would be an all-star.

artificial 06-29-2006 11:53 PM

Quote:

That is a good idea, if Andre got some more touches he could get around 20-25 points
how many 76er games did you saw? because if you saw more than three, you would have noticed iggy gets more than enough touches. he just passes on them. he hasn't developed an offensive mind.

and quoting ppierce, if that was Iggy's breakout season, i'm horribly disapointed.

KnicksFan4Life 07-01-2006 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artificial
how many 76er games did you saw? because if you saw more than three, you would have noticed iggy gets more than enough touches. he just passes on them. he hasn't developed an offensive mind.

and quoting ppierce, if that was Iggy's breakout season, i'm horribly disapointed.


Alright, breakout was a terrible choice of words. But I watched nearly every 76er game, and most of the time Iverson runs up the floor and takes a quick shot that goes in 40% of the time. If he would give Andre a pass, then he would take a shot that might go in 60% of the time. Sounds like a gameplan to me.:pimp:

ppierce34 07-01-2006 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Life
Alright, breakout was a terrible choice of words. But I watched nearly every 76er game, and most of the time Iverson runs up the floor and takes a quick shot that goes in 40% of the time. If he would give Andre a pass, then he would take a shot that might go in 60% of the time. Sounds like a gameplan to me.:pimp:


That sounds absolutely nothing like any Sixer game I saw this season.

KnicksFan4Life 07-01-2006 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppierce34
That sounds absolutely nothing like any Sixer game I saw this season.


How many did you see? Let me guess, one or two

ppierce34 07-01-2006 08:19 PM

Yeah...one or two....that must be why I missed the breakout part, too.:no:

If what you say is the case, why is it then that Andre didn't take that many more shots when AI was out or in preseason? He didn't shoot a lot in college or even high school.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy