Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   UFC SUPER FIGHT Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280847)

-p.tiddy- 11-08-2012 01:02 PM

UFC SUPER FIGHT Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva
 
could take place in DALLAS!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/11/8/36...re-super-fight





please let this happen...do what you have to do Jerry...buying tickets NOW

kaiteng 11-08-2012 01:56 PM

Re: UFC SUPER FIGHT Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva
 
The place will be packed and PPV buys will go through the roof if it happens! :rockon:

It will be a very interesting fight also, since St. Pierre loves to fight very defensively while Silva is the best MMA striker in the world.

Patrick Chewing 11-08-2012 02:05 PM

Re: UFC SUPER FIGHT Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaiteng
The place will be packed and PPV buys will go through the roof if it happens! :rockon:

It will be a very interesting fight also, since St. Pierre loves to fight very defensively while Silva is the best MMA striker in the world.



It could also be a very boring fight. Anderson will have to go after George and I fear it'll go the distance which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Faptastrophe 11-08-2012 02:37 PM

Re: UFC SUPER FIGHT Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva
 
Who in their right mind would like to see this? This would mean that one of them is going to lose.. just NO!

I wouldn't give a single fuck if they fought Jon Jones, though.

Velocirap31 11-08-2012 02:42 PM

Re: UFC SUPER FIGHT Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva
 
Yeah, I don't like the idea of one of them losing to be honest. I'd rather see Silva tune Jon Jones and strike him down a peg. Cowboys stadium can hold 100,000 people? Wow, it should definitely be there and it's neutral ground to which is better.

B-Low 11-08-2012 03:51 PM

Re: UFC SUPER FIGHT Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva
 
Honestly this isn't a superfight anymore IMO. Silva is just too damn big overall for it to really be a good fight, and he knows it. He even said in an interview he'd rather fight GSP than Jones because GSP would be an easier fight for him. So of course he waits til GSP is fresh off a torn ACL and hasn't fought in almost 2 years to start calling him out. Yeah it's 2 big names, but one is smaller and coming off an injury. I'd rather see Silva vs. Jones as they're the clear cut current top dogs right now. One making that last push before retirement and one right in his prime.

To put it in NBA terms,

Silva vs. GSP = Kobe vs. Derrick Rose 1 on 1
Silva vs. Jon Jones = Kobe vs. LeBron 1 on 1

red1 11-08-2012 03:56 PM

Re: UFC SUPER FIGHT Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva
 
silva got this. no brainer

-p.tiddy- 11-08-2012 04:10 PM

Re: UFC SUPER FIGHT Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Low
To put it in NBA terms,

Silva vs. GSP = Kobe vs. Derrick Rose 1 on 1
Silva vs. Jon Jones = Kobe vs. LeBron 1 on 1

ha, I like this, but Rose has never won anything while GSP has

my NBA translation:

Silva vs. GSP = Jordan vs. Kobe 1 on 1
Silva vs. Jon Jones = Jordan vs. Wilt 1 on 1

red1 11-08-2012 04:11 PM

Re: UFC SUPER FIGHT Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Low
Honestly this isn't a superfight anymore IMO. Silva is just too damn big overall for it to really be a good fight, and he knows it. He even said in an interview he'd rather fight GSP than Jones because GSP would be an easier fight for him. So of course he waits til GSP is fresh off a torn ACL and hasn't fought in almost 2 years to start calling him out. Yeah it's 2 big names, but one is smaller and coming off an injury. I'd rather see Silva vs. Jones as they're the clear cut current top dogs right now. One making that last push before retirement and one right in his prime.

To put it in NBA terms,

Silva vs. GSP = Kobe vs. Derrick Rose 1 on 1
Silva vs. Jon Jones = Kobe vs. LeBron 1 on 1

This right here

raiderfan19 11-08-2012 06:17 PM

Re: UFC SUPER FIGHT Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Low
Honestly this isn't a superfight anymore IMO. Silva is just too damn big overall for it to really be a good fight, and he knows it. He even said in an interview he'd rather fight GSP than Jones because GSP would be an easier fight for him. So of course he waits til GSP is fresh off a torn ACL and hasn't fought in almost 2 years to start calling him out. Yeah it's 2 big names, but one is smaller and coming off an injury. I'd rather see Silva vs. Jones as they're the clear cut current top dogs right now. One making that last push before retirement and one right in his prime.

To put it in NBA terms,

Silva vs. GSP = Kobe vs. Derrick Rose 1 on 1
Silva vs. Jon Jones = Kobe vs. LeBron 1 on 1

You do realize silva is closer to gsp in size than jj right.

And ptiddy if this happens I'll be there too

Is He Ill 11-08-2012 06:22 PM

Re: UFC SUPER FIGHT Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderfan19
You do realize silva is closer to gsp in size than jj right.

And ptiddy if this happens I'll be there too


How? GSP is 4 inches shorter than Silva while Jones is 2 inches taller than Silva. Not to mention Silva has already won at 205. I would love to see this fight happen though, and I will be rooting for Silva.

-p.tiddy- 11-08-2012 06:38 PM

Re: UFC SUPER FIGHT Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva
 
White says the fight will be a "catchweight fight"

both Silva and Pierre would meet at 180 lbs.

Godzuki 11-08-2012 08:01 PM

Re: UFC SUPER FIGHT Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva
 
i think GSP can beat him. altho i agree it will probably be a boring fight since GSP will wrestle him and stay away from standup.

i can't see GSP accepting the fight, or Dana okaying it if GSP was a shadow of his old self or not fully recovered. GSP is a training addict, really doubt he's going to come into it at anything less than optimal conditioning/health. whats his name, his trainer would never allow it.

raiderfan19 11-08-2012 08:01 PM

Re: UFC SUPER FIGHT Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva
 
Did I say he was closer in height?

In terms of weight, silva is closer to gsp on a normal fight night for both

MavsSuperFan 11-08-2012 08:06 PM

Re: UFC SUPER FIGHT Georges St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva
 
GSP would get crushed vs Silva. Almost no point to this fight, GSP is average sized welterweight Silva is big middleweight. If sonnen had no chance with silva dont see what GSP could offer him.

Silva vs Bones is interesting, obviously Bones is favored, but i could see silva winning.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy