Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Advice? (Ilyasova, etc.) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281293)

RagingBull33 11-12-2012 05:35 PM

Advice? (Ilyasova, etc.) (How's My First Team?)

Hey guys, just started my first fantasy league, was seeing if I could get some early season advice. Our draft was last night, I'm fairly happy with my team, but everyone else's team is pretty stacked as well. The league is H2H with no categories and you can change your line-up daily with typical fantasy points.
Roster:
PG: Rondo
SG: Monta Ellis
SF: Paul Pierce
PF: Cousins
C: Dwight Howard
G: Lillard
F: Rudy Gay
Utl: Tyson Chandler
Utl: Kevin Martin
Utl: Pekovic
Bench: Wall, Gerald Wallace, Ilyasova

How do you think my team is? Interesting names on the waiver wire are Larry Sanders, Asik, David West, Kaman, and Carl Landry. Any one wanna shed light on Ilyasova's recent struggles and if he's worth keeping instead of these names?
Also, with daily changing lineups is it beneficial to try and play the person with a game that day constantly (might be kind of a dumb question, but what I'm basically asking is if switching my last player for someone else playing would be beneficial).

RagingBull33 11-13-2012 05:10 PM

Re: Advice? (Ilyasova, etc.)

My league's 8 man h2h, with daily lineup changes. Would it be good strategy to swap out Ilyasova for whoever seems like a good option and is playing the next day, and just have a constant rotation?

junior 11-13-2012 06:14 PM

i'd consider dropping ilyasova for asik.

asik is a guaranteed 10+ rebounds and his offensive numbers have been getting better to where he's nearly averaging a double-double per game. ilyasova has been slumping hard and doesn't look to get out of it soon and his minutes. also asik has been playing solid minutes while ilyasova's have been taking a hit while he struggles.

david west is also a good option, he is better than asik offensively and with danny granger out carries a bit more of the offensive load too, though his age and potential injury is always a concern. carl landry is an option too but i still feel asik carries a bit more upside.

chuckyboy34 11-15-2012 04:29 PM

depends what place youre in and how long u think u can carry him for. i would hold on as you probably spent a mid round pick for him.

RagingBull33 11-27-2012 02:52 AM

I dropped him for Asik and have been ecstatic since. Now my problem is Gerald Wallace. Ride out his injury or drop for Nene, Glen Davis, or someone good that pops up? I'm 1-1 thus far, hoping John Wall will help me out soon.

dkmwise 12-03-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RagingBull33
I dropped him for Asik and have been ecstatic since. Now my problem is Gerald Wallace. Ride out his injury or drop for Nene, Glen Davis, or someone good that pops up? I'm 1-1 thus far, hoping John Wall will help me out soon.

I'd find a way to pick up Glen Davis. He has been playing great this year and sadly for Orlando is a main part of their offense