Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   D'antoni: "Don't take the D out of my name" (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281665)

Mr. Jabbar 11-16-2012 02:15 PM

D'antoni: "Don't take the D out of my name"
 
:lol discuss.

funnystuff 11-16-2012 02:16 PM

Re: D'antoni: "Don't take the D out of my name"
 
Ok, well there's a good chance Kobe misses the playoffs....again.

crisoner 11-16-2012 02:21 PM

Re: D'antoni: "Don't take the D out of my name"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by funnystuff
Ok, well there's a good chance Kobe misses the playoffs....again.


??????

He missed the playoffs when he got hurt and the Lakers where set to go if did not get hurt.

You got some BS agenda or something?

funnystuff 11-16-2012 02:22 PM

Re: D'antoni: "Don't take the D out of my name"
 
Hahahaha, I got negged instantly.



So mad.

Kiddlovesnets 11-16-2012 03:40 PM

Re: D'antoni: "Don't take the D out of my name"
 
The hate D'Antoni received from this board is somewhat insane, lets admit hes at least a way better coach than Mike potato-head Brown. If Brown could lead Lakers to 41-25 and 3rd seed in the West, sure D'Antoni can this time unless the players quit on him completely.

Y2Gezee 11-16-2012 04:37 PM

Re: D'antoni: "Don't take the D out of my name"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
The hate D'Antoni received from this board is somewhat insane, lets admit hes at least a way better coach than Mike potato-head Brown. If Brown could lead Lakers to 41-25 and 3rd seed in the West, sure D'Antoni can this time unless the players quit on him completely.



I'd take Mike Brown in a heart beat over D'antoni. I think Brown is a defensive guru, and he got that team to the 2nd round without a pg last year. If D'antoni coached that team last year, they lose in the 1st round....if he didn't resign already for poor production. Maybe the Princeton wasn't the best idea, and I'm not so sure that wasn't something that came up after a meeting of the minds...I remember the first time hearing about this system was out of Kobe's mouth. I for one like the Princeton, but ONLY in situations where the team moves the ball in transition also and utilze pick and rolls within the flow. The Nets with Kidd ran the princeton, Byron Scott took it to the Hornets with Paul and they ran it about 35% of the time, The Kings ran the system as well.

That said, D'antoni has a nice offensive philosophy and it could work IF he learns to adjust. That idiot saying that Post plays are inefficient is not cool....he has to adjust. That's why he left NY,

Chicago Brawls 11-16-2012 04:40 PM

Re: D'antoni: "Don't take the D out of my name"
 
There's a reason why the D refused to be attached to his name.

DirkNowitzki41 11-16-2012 05:21 PM

Re: D'antoni: "Don't take the D out of my name"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago Brawls
There's a reason why the D refused to be attached to his name.

:roll:

pauk 11-16-2012 05:29 PM

Re: D'antoni: "Don't take the D out of my name"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago Brawls
There's a reason why the D refused to be attached to his name.



Kiddlovesnets 11-16-2012 05:34 PM

Re: D'antoni: "Don't take the D out of my name"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago Brawls
There's a reason why the D refused to be attached to his name.


:oldlol:

DirtySanchez 11-16-2012 06:25 PM

Re: D'antoni: "Don't take the D out of my name"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago Brawls
There's a reason why the D refused to be attached to his name.


Lmao we have a winner!!!!

Cladyclad 11-16-2012 08:02 PM

Re: D'antoni: "Don't take the D out of my name"
 
Im getting so sick of this D'antoni no defense ish. Phx only had like 2 good defenders (Bell & Marion). Its hard to coach D when your 2 best player (Nash & Amare) suck in every aspect of defense. Kobe Dwight Artest are not going to let the Lakers suck on D. Now they may not be 08' Boston, but they will be solid if they can remain healthy.

RRR3 11-16-2012 08:04 PM

Re: D'antoni: "Don't take the D out of my name"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cladyclad
Im getting so sick of this D'antoni no defense ish. Phx only had like 2 good defenders (Bell & Marion). Its hard to coach D when your 2 best player (Nash & Amare) suck in every aspect of defense. Kobe Dwight Artest are not going to let the Lakers suck on D. Now they may not be 08' Boston, but they will be solid if they can remain healthy.

Kobe's been poor on defense this year, and Artest isn't great anymore either.

TryToBeUnbias 11-16-2012 08:13 PM

Re: D'antoni: "Don't take the D out of my name"
 
Brown was no defensive Guru.

Cladyclad 11-16-2012 08:15 PM

Re: D'antoni: "Don't take the D out of my name"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RRR3
Kobe's been poor on defense this year, and Artest isn't great anymore either.



I disagree Kobe & Artest D has not been poor at all. i watch almost every game this year and those 2 positions are not the problem. Its the Bigs rotation and terrible pg defense. Kobe moving really well. And Artest is in the best shape since joining LA.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy