Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do Celtics Fans Still Think Terry>>>Allen (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282958)

SilkkTheShocker 11-30-2012 07:37 PM

Do Celtics Fans Still Think Terry>>>Allen

Not hating, because I thought they both were pretty even. Terry is a nice player, with clutch shot ability. But there were a ton of Celtics fans that were positive Terry was a definite upgrade.

JohnnySic 11-30-2012 07:40 PM

Re: Do Celtics Fans Still Think Terry>>>Allen

I didn't see him as an "upgrade", just a better fit as a 6th man.

CelticBaller 11-30-2012 08:06 PM

Jason Terry has been good for us, had a slow start but he's been picking up.

Boston C's 11-30-2012 08:08 PM

I personally thought so..and I'm probably rays biggest fan on here...I knew he was injured but also I really did realize how less utilized he was becoming in boston...miami actually lets him handle the ball and if you watched the game last night he scored pretty much all of his 20 points off the dribble unassisted...ray has scored a lot off the dribble this yr whereas his last 2 yrs in boston he was simple just a guy to run off of screens and not get the ball most of the time

So far ray has looked better this season but we should wait til the end of the yr to see who looks better

Sharmer 11-30-2012 08:14 PM

Ray Allen has already made 3 game winning shots this year, and he makes Miami the most difficult match up in the clutch, because he's constantly moving and Lebron's passing ability makes this the most deadly combo.

Terry isn't as good as Ray off the dribble and doesn't move like him away from the ball, it's not even a close trade off. Plus Ray's extra length 6'5 v 6'2 gives him a advantage in releasing contested shots.

Derka 11-30-2012 08:14 PM

Equal to if anything at all. Not quite the consistently devastating shooter Ray is, maybe a marginally better one-on-one defender from what I've seen so far.

I felt like Courtney Lee + Terry + Avery was a definite upgrade, but Courtney Lee has so far been rather unimpressive. I'll eat crow on that one, but the season's still young.

CelticBaller 11-30-2012 08:17 PM

I just miss Avery. The guy defensive effort, speed and improved shot was a good compliment to Rondo

nbarumorz 11-30-2012 08:18 PM

Hard to compare Ray to Terry now since Ray is on the freaking Heat. Popping open 3's in the corner on perfect assists, and not really being dependent on Ray has made Ray a beast for the Heat. I have full confidence Terry could do the same thing if he was on the Heat.

Sharmer 11-30-2012 08:23 PM

Ray is a way better mover off the ball than Terry, that's why he's been getting open looks, most of his clutch three's have had defenders run at him, remember the 4 point play, and against the Spurs he had defensive pressure.

Ray has a much higher release point than Terry, it's a combination of his moving without the ball and higher release point which makes him a better clutch shooter than Terry.

Kevin_Garnett_5 11-30-2012 08:27 PM

We get it, Ray is playing well. We don't need a new thread calling out Celtic fans after every good game he plays.

nbarumorz 11-30-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharmer
Ray is a way better mover off the ball than Terry, that's why he's been getting open looks, most of his clutch three's have had defenders run at him, remember the 4 point play, and against the Spurs he had defensive pressure.

Ray has a much higher release point than Terry, it's a combination of his moving without the ball and higher release point which makes him a better clutch shooter than Terry.

Celtics fans were justifiably hurt (atleast I was) by Ray's dismal performance in the playoffs last year. Hard to be overly enthusiastic about him after he puts up these #'s (I know his ankle was an issue, but still, it wasn't a severe injury that he should have been sitting because of):

10.7 pts, 4.1 reb, 1.0 ast, 39.5 FG%, 30.4 3PT%, 71.1% FT

ankle could account for the bad shooting from the field, but the horrid FT% is hard to attribute to the ankle.

Not arguing that the dude isn't clutch -- he is one of the most clutch players in the league. But he can fizzle off at some points in the season, just hope it doesn't happen in the playoffs for the heat

Boston C's 11-30-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbarumorz
Hard to compare Ray to Terry now since Ray is on the freaking Heat. Popping open 3's in the corner on perfect assists, and not really being dependent on Ray has made Ray a beast for the Heat. I have full confidence Terry could do the same thing if he was on the Heat.

i disagree...for one ray is just a much better fit for that team and his situation in boston he was just getting used less and less to a point where most of the game he was just standing in the corner...the heat actually let ray handle the ball to create for himself and others...probably one of the reasons why he was convinced to go there

swi7ch 11-30-2012 08:46 PM

Of course they'll say that. No BOS fan would say Allen is better than Terry! :roll:

HEAT111 11-30-2012 08:52 PM

I woudn't underestimate Terry when it comes to big moments. When he's motivated, he will get into a spurt.

StroShow4 11-30-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharmer
Terry isn't as good as Ray off the dribble

What year is it?