Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Howard needs to swallow his pride and learn to shoot FT granny style (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283382)

kentatm 12-05-2012 01:52 AM

Howard needs to swallow his pride and learn to shoot FT granny style

hire Rick Barry's old ass to teach him how. Its also actually a little easier to make them doing it that way b/c of the spin you can put on the ball.

who gives a shit if some morons try to clown him?

he already looks like a complete fool with his god awful FT shooting numbers

TheBigVeto 12-05-2012 02:07 AM

Re: Howard needs to swallow his pride and learn to shoot FT granny style

I'd rather he keeps his ego and keeps bricking the FTs. It's good for the sports of basketball.

The_Yearning 12-05-2012 02:10 AM

Hell naw. D12 is a clown he won't be able to contain his laughter while taking free throws in that manner.

Just keep bricking 60% of the freethrows and hope for the win.

Djahjaga 12-05-2012 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Yearning
Hell naw. D12 is a clown he won't be able to contain his laughter while taking free throws in that manner.

Just keep bricking 60% of the freethrows and hope for the win.

Problem is he's shooting closer to 40% than he is to 60%.

I'd love to see him take granny free throws. Just a big ass dude taking a shot like that 10 times a game :lol I'd finally have a reason to watch the Lakers!

flipogb 12-05-2012 02:48 AM

he just needs to step back a little bit, nobody said you had to be within millimeters of the line

Soundwave 12-05-2012 02:50 AM

I don't understand how his free throws are so bad, his form isn't that bad, although it isn't great either.

Shaq had a legit excuse because he fell out of a tree as a kid and broke his wrist and it never healed properly so he could never get the proper extension on his shot (bad news for the guys who didn't want to get dunked on).

I<3NBA 12-05-2012 02:57 AM

shooting granny style won't help him. shooting mechanics is not the reason why he bricks FTs. it's all mental.

Haymaker 12-05-2012 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipogb
he just needs to step back a little bit, nobody said you had to be within millimeters of the line

Yup, he can distance himself a little.

RoundMoundOfReb 12-05-2012 03:14 AM

does anybody know how he got a full 10% worse over 2 seasons wtf. if he shot 60% it would be good enough.

Qwertyazerty 12-05-2012 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djahjaga
Problem is he's shooting closer to 40% than he is to 60%.

That's why he's bricking close to 60%. It seems steroids can't help with his free throws.

plowking 12-05-2012 03:26 AM

I said this in another thread.

Do underhanded, and if you do succeed with it, maybe you start a craze, and furthermore, you do it for the success of your team.
I go to the park, and fool around like this at times, without even practicing and I can hit 75-80% if I take 20 like that.

It seriously is the best way to shoot FT's if you're not already hitting 80%+ or so.

kNIOKAS 12-05-2012 06:56 AM

Dwight is happy where he is now.
LA BABy

#number6ix# 12-05-2012 07:05 AM

I could see dwight trying the granny style free throws and the basketball being launched through the staple center roof

stephanieg 12-05-2012 07:24 AM

Athletes maintain interesting psycho-sexual views.

Shooting underhanded = sissy stuff for girls, gotta get that style over substance and shoot overhand to maintain masculinity

Post defense where you dry hump another guy = manly, gotta show your strength

Jumping and rubbing your chest against another man's = a legit way to express your excitement. This is supposed to be less gay than slapping another guy's ass, but I'm not sure. Just kinda funny, especially since basketball has so much unintentional (?) manlove anyway, e.g. this.

kaiteng 12-05-2012 12:02 PM

First, who cares about which styles as long as the ball is dropped into the hoop and 1 point was scored.

Second, it is not that easy to learn to shoot granny style also.