Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Gasol might be on trading block (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283655)

lakerfreak 12-07-2012 08:32 PM

Gasol might be on trading block

Reported by Insidehoops and other sources that this might finally be the season we give up Pau. Some of these trade rumors look pretty good if you're a D'Antoni advocate.

Reports that Toronto would give up Bargnani are pretty intriguing. I would personally love the idea of a mini-nowitzki playing right next to Dwight. It would create great spacing, and it would draw power forwards out of the lane, which allow Dwight to go 1 on 1 posting up inside. If this rumor has legs, we should probably try to get a first rounder out of it, get active in the draft.

Minnesota is reportedly offering derrick williams, Pekovic, and Barea. I am not as big on that offer however.

DKLaker 12-07-2012 08:42 PM

Re: Gasol might be on trading block

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Reported by Insidehoops and other sources that this might finally be the season we give up Pau. Some of these trade rumors look pretty good if you're a D'Antoni advocate.

Reports that Toronto would give up Bargnani are pretty intriguing. I would personally love the idea of a mini-nowitzki playing right next to Dwight. It would create great spacing, and it would draw power forwards out of the lane, which allow Dwight to go 1 on 1 posting up inside. If this rumor has legs, we should probably try to get a first rounder out of it, get active in the draft.

Minnesota is reportedly offering derrick williams, Pekovic, and Barea. I am not as big on that offer however.

No draft picks please......we have a coach who will not play rookies, and if he gets fired he will be replaced by a coach who will not play rookies (Phil).
Let's not jerk around with draft picks as if they will be of any use.......besides we draft like crap and have no scouting dept.....Jesse Buss....LMFAO :facepalm :banghead:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 12-08-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

bargnani is piece of sh!t and he is not the shooter that you want...he takes 25shots to get 20 points......he rebounds 4/game worst then B Loopez

please dont even put nowitzki in same sentence with Bargnani.....

Bargnani is 10 times worst then Pau in bringing the energy and effort

I would do the minny deal if we can do 3 team trade where we get immediate help and send assets to other team

4 way with no, mil and minny

Lakers get monta ellis, ryan anderson, henry
milwake gets Pekovic, clark, blake
Minny gets gasol
no gets derrick williams, shved

3way with ATL
lakers get josh smith, korver, barea
ATL gets pekovic, d williams, blake, e clark
minny gets pau, petro

3 way with utah
Lakers get Paul Millsap, mo williams, barea
utah gets pekovic, derrick williams, blake, eclark, ebanks
Minny gets pau

lakerfreak 12-12-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
bargnani is piece of sh!t and he is not the shooter that you want...he takes 25shots to get 20 points......he rebounds 4/game worst then B Loopez

please dont even put nowitzki in same sentence with Bargnani.....

Bargnani is 10 times worst then Pau in bringing the energy and effort

I would do the minny deal if we can do 3 team trade where we get immediate help and send assets to other team

4 way with no, mil and minny

Lakers get monta ellis, ryan anderson, henry
milwake gets Pekovic, clark, blake
Minny gets gasol
no gets derrick williams, shved

3way with ATL
lakers get josh smith, korver, barea
ATL gets pekovic, d williams, blake, e clark
minny gets pau, petro

3 way with utah
Lakers get Paul Millsap, mo williams, barea
utah gets pekovic, derrick williams, blake, eclark, ebanks
Minny gets pau

I think Bargnani is not a first option player. With that being said, playing next to Kobe and Dwight might get him open opportunities and play efficiently. Any big man that can shoot the lights out has potential, with the right team.

DKLaker 12-14-2012 11:17 AM

Haha....I remember guys who said they wouldn't trade Pau for Melo :oldlol: :oldlol:
Even last year, guys saying they wouldn't trade Pau for Kevin Love :facepalm

Of course MY big deal was Pau for the Houston package....I still am sad we blew that one :(

fiddy 12-14-2012 01:19 PM

Any new rumors on a possible trade?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 12-14-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

I think Bargnani is not a first option player. With that being said, playing next to Kobe and Dwight might get him open opportunities and play efficiently. Any big man that can shoot the lights out has potential, with the right team.

go look at his stats...he is not that good of a shooter either....

he averages 4rbs/game

His help defense is the worst in the league...heck even in the d league....

his passion/energy is missing since he was drafted

lakerfreak 12-14-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

go look at his stats...he is not that good of a shooter either....

he averages 4rbs/game

His help defense is the worst in the league...heck even in the d league....

his passion/energy is missing since he was drafted

Yes I got you. What I am saying is, he might have easier opportunities on a team where he isn't even the main focus on the offense.

Statistics tell you about a certain trend. With the raptors as the number one focus, these are the numbers he puts up. On a team with Dwight and Kobe, we don't know how these stats will play out. Remember when Ariza was good playing with Pau and Kobe, and not on any other team?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 12-14-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Yes I got you. What I am saying is, he might have easier opportunities on a team where he isn't even the main focus on the offense.

Statistics tell you about a certain trend. With the raptors as the number one focus, these are the numbers he puts up. On a team with Dwight and Kobe, we don't know how these stats will play out. Remember when Ariza was good playing with Pau and Kobe, and not on any other team?

He just doesnt come to me as a winner.....giving up gasol is too much for me...

Gasol has to be used in the post and with Nash before we start putting him in trades

Still the best trade is Josh Smiht/Korver/petro

then j hill/petro for Derrick Williams/Barea

talk about fast :)

lakerfreak 12-15-2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

He just doesnt come to me as a winner.....giving up gasol is too much for me...

Gasol has to be used in the post and with Nash before we start putting him in trades

Still the best trade is Josh Smiht/Korver/petro

then j hill/petro for Derrick Williams/Barea

talk about fast :)

The rumored toronto offer also included calderon apparently.

OldTerp 12-16-2012 12:02 AM

What are your thoughts on this trade? I like it from the Lakers perspective. We get deeper while also getting a hard working PF that can knock down outside shots. I am not sure about it from Utah and Charlottes prospective.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cmvg2uz

lakerfreak 12-16-2012 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTerp
What are your thoughts on this trade? I like it from the Lakers perspective. We get deeper while also getting a hard working PF that can knock down outside shots. I am not sure about it from Utah and Charlottes prospective.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cmvg2uz

Well its a great deal from the lakers perspective as you said. A lot of expiring contracts could cause a potential problem, especially if this team doesn't turn it around. You'd have 4 players including Dwight with not enough cap relief to be legit in the free agent market. From a talent point of view it is an absolute win for us and Utah. Utah however wouldn't need to make a trade. They are playing well with their current team.

OldTerp 12-16-2012 11:17 AM

From what I have been reading, Utah is stacked in the front court and wants to dumb Milsap and potentially Jefferson for some young talented back court players. I also hear you on the expiring contract part, but I have also been reading that the Lakers do not want to take on long contracts because they want to be players in 2014 when the big names hit FA.

lakerfreak 12-16-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTerp
From what I have been reading, Utah is stacked in the front court and wants to dumb Milsap and potentially Jefferson for some young talented back court players. I also hear you on the expiring contract part, but I have also been reading that the Lakers do not want to take on long contracts because they want to be players in 2014 when the big names hit FA.

Well if thats the case, it could make sense. Derrick Favors has been doing well. I'd imagine with Millsap and Favors both being young and superb, Jefferson is the odd man out. I've never been a fan of his relatively low shooting percentage for his entire career. No big man should be shooting around 40%.

kkinchen 12-19-2012 05:17 PM

If anything we should be looking to see what we can get in return for some combination of players involving Steve Blake, Devin Ebanks, Jordan Hill, and Antawn Jamison.

They all seem expendable witin D'Antoni's system and we need a little bit more depth on our bench in my opinion. That is, I think we still need a quality big coming off our bench.