Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   When will it become obvious to EVERYONE... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283990)

JtotheIzzo 12-11-2012 10:46 AM

When will it become obvious to EVERYONE...

...that Tom Brady is the GOAT. Titles, passing records, longevity,consistency, clutchness, team, individual etc. We are getting to a point where the naysayers are just plain haters, and had Eli not had a horseshoe stuck completely up his ass Brady's career would be something that people would not believe to be true.

Brady = GOAT, this acknowledgement will be reality someday, its best we all get with it now.

niko 12-11-2012 10:57 AM

Re: When will it become obvious to EVERYONE...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
...that Tom Brady is the GOAT. Titles, passing records, longevity,consistency, clutchness, team, individual etc. We are getting to a point where the naysayers are just plain haters, and had Eli not had a horseshoe stuck completely up his ass Brady's career would be something that people would not believe to be true.

Brady = GOAT, this acknowledgement will be reality someday, its best we all get with it now.

So you'd like credit for the Superbowls the Giants won when Eli drove them down the field to win the game and Brady did not? That's nice. What other seasons would you like Brady to get credit for something another team done?

I don't disagree with you on Brady but get the **** out on trying to rep Brady for the Giants smacking him around.

Heilige 12-11-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

I have Brady at #2 and Joe Montana at #1. Why do you feel Brady is over Montana at this point?

phelix2000 12-11-2012 11:19 AM

My reason for believing Brady is the GOAT is that I feel he has turned average/above average receivers and tight ends into elite players. Welker was hardly making it in Miami and then he team up with Brady and becomes one of the best in the game. We saw what happened the years he had prime Randy Moss, absolutely incredible numbers (previous to being with the patriots was being a scrub in Oakland, obviously Moss has always had the talent). I have always admired Brady for doing so much with nothing really elite. Imagine if Brady had someone like Jerry Rice in his prime for 6 years.

Sarcastic 12-11-2012 11:35 AM

If Belichick doesn't cheat against the Rams, his career looks different.

With that said, he's an all time great QB, and easily top 5 all time.

jazz873 12-11-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phelix2000
My reason for believing Brady is the GOAT is that I feel he has turned average/above average receivers and tight ends into elite players. Welker was hardly making it in Miami and then he team up with Brady and becomes one of the best in the game. We saw what happened the years he had prime Randy Moss, absolutely incredible numbers (previous to being with the patriots was being a scrub in Oakland, obviously Moss has always had the talent). I have always admired Brady for doing so much with nothing really elite. Imagine if Brady had someone like Jerry Rice in his prime for 6 years.

A lot of elite quarterbacks do that

-p.tiddy- 12-11-2012 12:00 PM

Joe Montana is the GOAT

CelticBaller 12-11-2012 05:47 PM

:applause:

DuMa 12-11-2012 06:03 PM

his GOAT status will depend if he can beat Peyton in January. otherwise, Peyton is the GOAT

Tarik One 12-11-2012 06:17 PM

I doubt Montana would have gotten taken out of his game so easily by the Giants pass rush during those two Super Bowls.

Montana and Elway >>>>>>> Brady, mainly because their clutchness and resiliency.

Real Men Wear Green 12-11-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarik One
I doubt Montana would have gotten taken out of his game so easily by the Giants pass rush during those two Super Bowls.

Montana and Elway >>>>>>> Brady, mainly because their clutchness and resiliency.

No, it's not "clutchness." You don't win 3 SBs if you can't play under mental pressure. What sets Montana above Brady is his ability to move, something Montana himself pointed out. The one weakness of Brady is that the first guy to come close is going to bring him down because he's neither elusive nor strong. Other than that he's flawless. He can make any and all throws, reads and understands any defense and makes the right decision. He just can't escape anything.

niko 12-11-2012 06:54 PM

I'd say Montana over Brady. When the Giants beat Montana, we literally knocked him out of the game. ANd you almost had to. People who didn't see him play as much and feel the need to argue should note that including a player in the conversations with Montana is a ridiculous complement.

I'd take Brady over Elway.

JtotheIzzo 12-11-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
So you'd like credit for the Superbowls the Giants won when Eli drove them down the field to win the game and Brady did not? That's nice. What other seasons would you like Brady to get credit for something another team done?

I don't disagree with you on Brady but get the **** out on trying to rep Brady for the Giants smacking him around.

You're wrong. The first time Brady did drive down and score the go ahead late in Q4. The second time he'd have done it again, but Welker dropped the ball. The helmet catch was fluky as f*ck, and it took something like that to beat the Pats. Last year Brady took a pretty shit squad, had his est weapon injured (Gronk) and was still a drop and a perfect pass (Eli to Manningham) to beat him.

Nothing to sneeze at, nothing to be ashamed about.

Brady's passing exploits puts him over Montana IMHO.

Carbine 12-11-2012 09:30 PM

What's the argument for Brady being better than Manning again?

Jackass18 12-11-2012 11:07 PM

No, he's not there yet. Maybe he ends his career as the GOAT, but then maybe by then you could start making a case for Rodgers.