Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minnesota Timberwolves Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Say the Kmart trade went down (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2848)

funkylikemonkey 06-26-2006 12:24 PM

Say the Kmart trade went down

nba rumors "The hot rumor in the NBA is that the Timberwolves are talking to the Denver Nuggets about a trade that would bring forward Kenyon Martin to Minnesota for Marko Jaric and somebody else, maybe Ricky Davis. You wonder who would replace the scoring provided by Davis for the Wolves." Minneapolis Star Tribune

What would the Power Foward spot look like? What would Kmart play and what would Kmart play? I'm assuming one of them would go to Small Foward because both have enough heart to play Center but neither have the size.

Skywalker 06-26-2006 12:41 PM

KMart would play power forward, and KMart would play power forward.

No but in all seriousness, KG would play center, he's 7 feet and blocks shots like nothin.

Pokerface 06-26-2006 12:59 PM

It's quite possible that the T-Wolves could be positioning themselves to trade Martin and change, to the Knicks for Marbury. This could be a win-win all the way around for all three teams if it happens.

MK2V1GP 06-26-2006 01:00 PM

if the only way we get kmart is to add in davis, i dont see any way we score 75 ppg during the season. this would be our main contributors

banks(if resigned)-he's not a good scorer, 6-12ppg
hassell-not a scorer but could get 10-14 ppg
KG-20-25ppg
kmart-not a scorer but 12-15ppg
EG-8-12ppg

and with shad out for a while, we're screwed

if there was a way to send jaric straight up for him then im all for it, but if not, if ricky must go, we need something else back along with kmart, IMO.

SI has us picking tyrus thomas, if thats who we are thinking about, then there's no way this trade happens.

tlang1982 06-26-2006 01:08 PM

I'm big on the trade.

PG (Banks is going to Lakers) So free agent or draft pick
SG McCants
SF KG
PF KMart
C Mark Bount/Eddie Griffin

This would atleast be entertaining.

Kgallstar 06-26-2006 01:56 PM

No way in the world we should do this trade. Especially if we have to give up Davis to do so. K-mart is good in the right system(not ours). Only way I give up Davis is for AI. We dont need Marbury either he is a cancer always has been and always will be!

HTML Code:

"Im the best Point guard in the L"

MK2V1GP 06-26-2006 04:21 PM

tlang, i think with that lineup, we'd be the one of the worst defensive teams in the league only unless we get a lockdown PG, and theres not many of them.

besides mccants had surgery, remember, and he wont be 100% til later in the season, if he ever recovers to 100%.

i think kmart is overrated as a player too. his only all star appearance was when he was a Net and had Kidd throwing him the ball for easy scores and not to mention when the eastern conference was really weak in forwards.

if its jaric-kmart, its a great deal, but no way wit ricky

podsportart 06-26-2006 06:55 PM

This "hot" rumor was on rumor sites last week and said only that Martin was on the block and among teams interested are the Knicks and Wolves. Old man Sid Hartman picks it up a week later and calls it a hot rumor. Then he adds Ricky davis to the mix because he does not understand the salary cap. The Wolves have trade exceptions totaling $5mil and don't need to add Davis to make the trade work. If the Nuggets want more than Jaric and maybe a second for a broke down player with a huge contract, then we laugh at them and move along. We wouldn't trade Davis strait up for Martin. But if they will dump Martin for Jaric and some cap space, I don't see how we could go wrong. If he is healthy. If he is willing to come off the bench or if he is willing to guard small forwards. If, If, If. Big damn word.

Stasiuk 06-28-2006 04:53 PM

I think it would be a bad trade for minnesota if it is jaric and davis for martin, but if it is just jaric for martin then i think it's a good trade

WallySzczerbiak 07-01-2006 11:59 AM

Lets not do a Portland Jailblazers team. I dont like the Wolves trades I am a loyal fan but some of the trades and signing seem like we are headed into that direction. I know Martin can play but the Trailblazers turned off their fans by signing and drafting talent with baggage

commish_guy 07-14-2006 10:17 PM

K-Mart Could be Comin' !!!!

Sid Hartman wrote that the Wolves will trade Marko Jaric and TRENTON HASSELL(not Ricky Davis) to the Nuggets for Kenyon Martin.

That's a GREAT trade for the Wolvies!!!! We need another big man. Kenyon Martin is a GOOD rebounder and one of the best defensive PF's out there.

KG is moving to center. That's why he's been in MPLS for most of the summer putting on muscle!!!!

Want more proof of KG moving to center besides the extra muscle? If the Wolves can't get K-Mart they are also trying to get PF Drew Gooden in a sign and trade deal. Kenyon Martin and Drew Gooden aren't playing Center or SF, they are PF's. Ricky D. is at SF.

If the trade does happen we will look something like....

PF K. Martin - M. Madsen
SF R. Davis - E. Griffin - J. Reed
C K. Garnett - M. Blount
SG R. Foye - B. Wright - R. McCants(INJ)
PG M. James - T. Hudson - A. Carter

We still have the 1.7 EX. and would probably spend it on a SG like Voshon Lenard or Tony Delk.

Who's going to drive on K-Mart and KG???? They would get SWATTED!!!!

Coach Dwayne Casey said he wants to run this year. Well, KG would be the most athletic Center in the league and K-Mart one of the more athletic PF's and running would be no problem.

Foye is averaging about 28 pts a game in the summer league. Ricky Davis is a 20pt 5RB 5ASS guy. Mike James is that deep threat that we haven't had since we traded Wally. These guys compliment each other VERY well!

I REALLY hope we do this trade! Shoot, throw in 2nd round draft picks if we have to!

04mzwach 07-14-2006 10:42 PM

oh yeah, u guys are geniuses! play kg as center and do the following:

1. wear him out in the beginning half of the season getting pounded inside
2. shorten his career
3. risk possible injury playing against someone whos not his size physically

yeah, great idea...he's not chris bosh, he's not young anymore. one of the reasons we need a center is to lighten the load for KG so he doesnt have to get pounded all game. We need a center! crap, u can play kenyon martin as center if you want and risk injury on him, he was worthless after his surgery anyway. anyway, i dont think the deal will happen...unless our orginization isnt trying to make a run for a championship and instead we are trying to free cap space because i believe kenyon martin's contract is shorter.