Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Streetball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How do you get more arc on your floater? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285753)

Rubio2Gasol 12-29-2012 07:16 PM

How do you get more arc on your floater?

:banghead:

SourPatchKids 12-29-2012 08:00 PM

Re: How do you get more arc on your floater?

soft and high

Burgz V2 12-29-2012 08:24 PM

release the ball with your elbow above eye level and put just a tiny bit of spin on it as it comes out of your hand

jbot 01-15-2013 08:16 AM

if u have someone helping u, have them hold a broom up so that you're forced to shoot over it. that may help.

inclinerator 01-17-2013 03:56 AM

just throw it higher brah

01amberfirewv 01-17-2013 11:29 AM

I think form shooting really helps. Keep moving back then when it starts feeling good start floating it in.

Magic bird 01-17-2013 09:30 PM

I like to add slight backspin on the ball by flicking my wrist softly so it arcs upwards easier, if you make this a habit, our floater will naturally gain moire arc

Jameerthefear 01-17-2013 10:18 PM

For my floater I go overboard with how high it goes...

Magic bird 01-18-2013 05:36 AM

^^I try to aim my floater so it goes as high as the backboard, am i doing something wrong?

Thorpesaurous 01-21-2013 09:32 AM

I had issues with this as a kid too, and sometimes it just takes someone saying the right thing, and it'll just click.

I think it's often the result of the three point line. It's syren's call hits far too early for players, and kids wind up backing up to shoot it long before they're ready. And there's only one way to hit it at that point, and that's to flatten out the shot and let it rip. It becomes more of a throw than a shot, and it winds up affecting the shot everywhere else.

When I was a sophmore in HS, I had a coach tell me to "shoot it like I was in a phone boothe", and for whatever reason, that clicked with me. Certainly more than "get it up", "keep your elbow high", "get your legs under it", or whatever else gets thrown around. But what clicks with one person may not with another. Also, it may have been in part of just getting naturally stronger that year too.

One of the workouts I tell people here all the time is forearm curls. People do calf raises all the time because they help with quickness and jumping, but the truth is is that this is a game played at the extremities of the body. The stronger the forearms, the quicker and more elevated the shot becomes. It almost immediately improves rotation, range, and quickness of release. It also helps tremendously in ball handling, as the ball will snap better.

andremiller07 01-23-2013 06:05 AM

Try not no crouch as much or sit when over the toliet bowl do it not quiet standing but 3/4's of the way up.