Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   My beef with you! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290533)

franchize 02-13-2013 10:28 PM

My beef with you!

This is my beef with some of you guys. You know you all are my homies but I have big problem with the lack of consistency with your criticisms. Some of you lick your chops for Melo, Amare, Felton and JR to have bad games so you can dig in. Fine But where's the outrage with the fact that Jason Kidd hs become the worst starting guard in the NBA? This guy should be getting ripped every single game. Seems like NOBODY says ANYTHING. This guy is TERRIBLE. 6 games of ZERO points in 2013. He's only taken 4 free-throws all yea. He's shooting 23% from the field. 20% from 3. Are you kidding me? How are people not all over this guy? Where's that bitchmade Mike Breen at now? This guy is killing us. You cannot play 28 minutes a game and give us nothing. It's not like he's defending well. He's getting murdered on D too. Might as well play Brewer. Im just not getting what in the hell this guy contributes. And what pisses me off even more is that I TOLD YOU WOULD HAPPEN!!!

Scoooter 02-13-2013 10:47 PM

Re: My beef with you!

Tell us how you really feel.

Clutch 02-13-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
This is my beef with some of you guys. You know you all are my homies but I have big problem with the lack of consistency with your criticisms. Some of you lick your chops for Melo, Amare, Felton and JR to have bad games so you can dig in. Fine But where's the outrage with the fact that Jason Kidd hs become the worst starting guard in the NBA? This guy should be getting ripped every single game. Seems like NOBODY says ANYTHING. This guy is TERRIBLE. 6 games of ZERO points in 2013. He's only taken 4 free-throws all yea. He's shooting 23% from the field. 20% from 3. Are you kidding me? How are people not all over this guy? Where's that bitchmade Mike Breen at now? This guy is killing us. You cannot play 28 minutes a game and give us nothing. It's not like he's defending well. He's getting murdered on D too. Might as well play Brewer. Im just not getting what in the hell this guy contributes. And what pisses me off even more is that I TOLD YOU WOULD HAPPEN!!!

pun intended ? :lol

I thought Kidd would be a nice backup but I never expected him to start and play 30 minutes.
Even though he played great early in the season he's been playing like shit lately. He's been our worst starter by far. He doesn't do anything. The only thing that's somewhat saving him is that he doesn't do many things wrong.

We really need to make a trade because we're starting to look like a borderline playoff team. 8th seed or so. With the current roster I'm not even sure we're going to get past the 1st round.

I've heard some rumors that the Knicks are trying to get Luke Ridnour from Minnesota. He would be a nice addition.

franchize 02-14-2013 12:36 AM

While we're at it, why aren't people calling out Grunwald? I mean it's bad enough you give Kidd and Camby all that money, but then Camby gets hurt, and you sit on your hands, once again, and fail to replace him? I mean obviously you felt he was important to where you gave him 4 mill. So now that he's out, fill the damn void. Stop making your best player play outside of his natural position. It isn't working.

Clutch 02-14-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
While we're at it, why aren't people calling out Grunwald? I mean it's bad enough you give Kidd and Camby all that money, but then Camby gets hurt, and you sit on your hands, once again, and fail to replace him? I mean obviously you felt he was important to where you gave him 4 mill. So now that he's out, fill the damn void. Stop making your best player play outside of his natural position. It isn't working.

That's Woodson's fault. Let's not act like we don't have a power forward who's good enough to start.
We have Amare but Woodson is the one who wants him come off the bench and play Melo at the 4.

Some good news:
Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone
Woodson said he might consider a lineup change because of all the slow starts. Kidd could go to the bench.

Scoooter 02-14-2013 02:38 AM

I completely forgot Marcus Camby was on the team.

Rameek 02-14-2013 02:39 AM

I think if you look in this thread

2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Pretty much tells you where I stood about this team even before the season started.....

Remember when we all ripped on the J Kidd signing?

Where do we stand?

knickscity 02-14-2013 04:28 AM

Enjoy the week off fam.

I don't like that lineup no more than anyone, and Kidd is not a starter.

I also said this team most likely would win 47 games with a high of 53 low of 44.

After the as break the schedule is gonna break them into pieces.

Sorry but the issues ain't just Kidd.

This team really doesn't have enough efficient talent.

From top to bottom.

Jasi 02-14-2013 08:43 AM

As far as I know Kidd was never supposed to be a starter in the first place :confusedshrug:

Sarcastic 02-14-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasi
As far as I know Kidd was never supposed to be a starter in the first place :confusedshrug:

He was supposed to be the back up point guard to Lin, but then we decided to not resign him, and Felton can't run an offense by himself. So to make up for Felton's lack of creativity, we inserted Kidd in the starting line up to keep the ball moving. He's playing out of position right now, and it shows.

franchize 02-14-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch
That's Woodson's fault. Let's not act like we don't have a power forward who's good enough to start.
We have Amare but Woodson is the one who wants him come off the bench and play Melo at the 4.

Some good news:
Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone
Woodson said he might consider a lineup change because of all the slow starts. Kidd could go to the bench.

O I totally agree. But as a GM, if you see Woody wants to keep Amare coming off the bench, you need to bring in someone who is at least decent enough to start the game...like a Lavoy Allen type guy.

Quote:

Remember when we all ripped on the J Kidd signing?

ALL? I remember me, you and 1 or 2 others. I think a lot of people were in support of it actually. I also remember people pounding their chest when he started off the year well. I vividly remember a certain someone thread bump with glee lmao.

Quote:

Sorry but the issues ain't just Kidd.

You're right. I'm not saying he is, but he's definitely been our weakest link. When Brewer started stinking it up, we benched him. So when Kidd does the same, it needs to happen. We don't owe him anything.

Quote:

I completely forgot Marcus Camby was on the team.
said Mike Woodson :oldlol: You wouldn't believe how many people at the Wizards vs Knicks game I went to were saying that in the stands. To make matters worse, they were mostly Knicks fans.

Quote:

As far as I know Kidd was never supposed to be a starter in the first place
Quote:

He was supposed to be the back up point guard to Lin, but then we decided to not resign him
That's what they SAID. Not to sound like Nostradamus or anything, but in the summer time, I told you guys Kidd would be starting at the 2. I knew it. I said if you think for one minute Jason Kidd will just sit back like Mike Bibby and come off the bench gracefully, you're bugging.

Da KO King 02-14-2013 09:43 AM

No one cares because we all knew he would not produce on the floor. We might be annoyed seeing him out there but we knew what it would be when he did get on the floor.

Rameek 02-14-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic
He was supposed to be the back up point guard to Lin, but then we decided to not resign him, and Felton can't run an offense by himself. So to make up for Felton's lack of creativity, we inserted Kidd in the starting line up to keep the ball moving. He's playing out of position right now, and it shows.

Really, I will let others handle this misnomer :roll: Let's just say it would take a CP3 to make Kidd, Shump, Chandler look good on offense. I doubt he could even do that.

I have turned over a new leaf.....

Boy some of you guys really need to read those threads there's a lot of backtracking going on.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=278438

It doesnt take long to see how the tone has changed....

knickscity 02-14-2013 11:28 AM

I think we all thought Kidd would be a backup, having him start was definitely something i never wanted to see from the start, and expected him to play no more than 20 off the bench (post #59).....Kidd starting is all on Woodson, so I'd think it's best to take the issue with him.

From the start of the season I've blamed the quality of the roster squarely on the top three salaries and never budged.

I'd love to see the back tracker in good fun...

post # 40.....Franchize, how did i get a shout-out in that post?

I like our old dudes, but i know they shouldn't be sniffing major minutes or a starting role.

They're good enough to be backups, just have to make sure our starters are handling their, so the roles won't get mixed.

post # 61 Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread
20 minutes isnt major minutes.

If the starters handle theirs it might be even less on occasion.

I'm still waiting for the quote where Kidd wants to start.

post # 64 You know why I don't complain about the bench?

Because the salary cap is tied into three players.

That's why I say the starters need to handle theirs.

These guys are paid like champions, so go out there.

You can't have it both ways.

post # 151 I was surprised that Kidd started.

Now these two is a killer.....post #103 in preseason....

Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread
Team completely fell in love with the three as if the ghost of D'antoni were present.

I'm assuming this was Woodson letting the players figure it out game.

Hope he saw enough.

post # 317 after the Rockets game......

It's a figure of speech.

It means when you're pissed to the point you would do the unthinkable.

OAN.....

There were alot of moments in that game that left me pissed, and others, and it's been brewing for a minute.

Now that it's a new day I can talk about them.....

1) Quit crying about fouls, Melo. Getting techs and watching your man run back and dunk is not helping the problem.

2) The defense has not been there all season on the road. Other than the win against the Spurs, the rest have not been impressive...they were the favorite....and still didn't bring it all game like they do at home.

3) Time to scrap the small ball, teams aren't adjusting anymore, they keep their big in the game and torch our frontcourt.

4) The team is showing a sign of lack of composure when they are down, and i think it's because they think they are better than what they are.

5) Play to win every game, although it's not realistic to expect you will. Right now the team expects to win.

The Knicks are been figured out by teams now, they know how to beat us.

That cannot continue to happen.

Rameek 02-14-2013 01:44 PM

I can run through all these threads from the beginning of the season to now Knickcity and show how they said some ridiculous stuff but I changed over to a new 'Meek. I dont want to embarrass people. :roll:

I just need to see Mike Wood let Copeland and White get more minutes. I just dont think Woody is going to play a normal size lineup until Wallace or Camby comes back.

18-5 was a good start but that comfortable lead has tainted some of the things that Woody probably try.

A good reason that the players are loyal to him is because Woody is loyal to them even when they dont perform.