Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Deron Williams can't dunk right now due to ankle injuries (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291083)

insidehoops 02-19-2013 06:55 AM

Deron Williams can't dunk right now due to ankle injuries

Deron Williams admits his ankle injuries have hindered him and hurt him to the point he can’t even dunk. And after undergoing Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment and sitting out last week, the Nets’ star guard acknowledges he needs more time to fully recover — time he won’t take, insisting he’ll play tonight against the Bucks at Barclays Center.

“They said a week was sufficient, so I trust the doctors,” said Williams, who hasn’t played since Feb. 10 against the Spurs and had PRP injections the next day to reduce ankle joint lining inflammation. “I definitely need more rest than a week for it to get back to normal, but I don’t have time right now.

-- NY Post

gigantes 02-19-2013 07:39 AM

Re: Deron Williams can't dunk right now due to ankle injuries

sometimes i really hate the pro-athlete "point of pride" mentality about playing at all costs.

deron, you're having a dreadful season. you should be taking as much opportunity to rest your aching body and re-gather yourself mentally as you possibly can. if the team can get by with CJ or whoever else filling in for you here and there, you should take it. that way, you might be able to help us come playoff time.

we didn't sign you to a ginormous, 1000lb contract for you to suck balls like this. you get no props at this point for playing through injury in order to show anyone how tough you are, or whatever it is you think you're doing.

no, you're sucking, and sucking badly. so do something about it.

MTing 02-19-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigantes
sometimes i really hate the pro-athlete "point of pride" mentality about playing at all costs.

deron, you're having a dreadful season. you should be taking as much opportunity to rest your aching body and re-gather yourself mentally as you possibly can. if the team can get by with CJ or whoever else filling in for you here and there, you should take it. that way, you might be able to help us come playoff time.

we didn't sign you to a ginormous, 1000lb contract for you to suck balls like this. you get no props at this point for playing through injury in order to show anyone how tough you are, or whatever it is you think you're doing.

no, you're sucking, and sucking badly. so do something about it.

Yeah I agree. Give him another week or 2 off. But I think he feels responsible as the leader to be out there. And I don't think he wants to sit as we try to climb the standings in the last few weeks of the regular season.

gigantes 02-19-2013 01:13 PM

he can feel however he wants to feel, but that doesn't mean he has to force himself to act on those feelings. an essential life skill for any adult.

plus, he seems to be a mediocre leader, anyway. i try to straight-read and read between the lines of the beat articles, the ND fan comments, the national stuff... and i've never gotten the impression that he's much of a leader from any of it or from anyone in particular.

he needs to take his $20mil/year and hire a damn nanny / aide to take care of his ailing kid. needs to rededicate himself towards being a PG, because he's blowing it right now. and stealing the nets' money, of course.

Kiddlovesnets 02-22-2013 06:47 PM

Deron looks capable of playing now, but still he needs an entire summer to fully get back to his past self. It can't be helped,'we just have to live with a 50-60% deron for the of this season.