Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Can Knicks frontcourt count on Amare? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300547)

insidehoops 05-20-2013 06:05 AM

Can Knicks frontcourt count on Amare?

Amar’e Stoudemire knows his contract won’t allow him to go anywhere and he wants Mike Woodson to make a commitment to make a frontcourt of Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler work.
“We never gave it a chance,” Stoudemire said after Indiana’s 106-99 victory eliminated the Knicks from the postseason. “So I think just the opportunity of allowing them to understand exactly what my style of play is and what I bring to the table is something that I think I’m going to have to sit down with Coach Woody and express to him.”

-- NY Daily News

franchize 05-20-2013 10:08 AM

Re: Can Knicks frontcourt count on Amare?

We didn't give it a chance because he's never healthy for more than a month. :rolleyes:

Why can't dudes just learn to shut up? :facepalm

Rameek 05-20-2013 12:55 PM

Simple NO knees, back and hand has derailed the idea of the Knicks Big 2 1/2 How you like me now fellas
(Tyson was suppose to be the half)

Da KO King 05-20-2013 02:17 PM

Yes, how dare Amar'e wonder why he never got a real chance to help the team. :rolleyes:

What Amar'e is trying to politely say is the coaching staff needs to figure out how to play the front line, that the organization wanted to build around, in an effective manner.

knickscity 05-20-2013 03:10 PM

Amare at this point is a military man that thinks he can still be in the frontline fighting with the rest of the army, but most battles he's gonna miss because he just isn't able to suit up and go to war.

He basically missed the whole season, no way a coach would trust his battle to a guy who wasn't there the whole year.

franchize 05-20-2013 03:21 PM

My issue with Amare this year is that, I think he thinks it's all about him now. When he comes back into games now, he's not trying to help us win. He's trying to show he still has it. He's trying to show us the moves he worked on with Hakeem. He has something individually to prove at all cost. When he gets the ball, he's like a bull in a china shop now.

Also, that documentary was poorly timed. You make a documentary all about yourself, pretty much devoid of all of your teammates, glorifying how great you are when you're healthy....a day before the Game 1 in which you won't be participating in.

I've made this reference all year...and I hope I don't offend anyone because it's not my intention at all. Amare has been like a dead beat dad. We keep waiting around for him to show up. And just like a dead beat dad, if you haven't been around in a while, you have to expect that people are going o be reluctant to rely on you right away.