Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Draft Reactions (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305775)

(e) 06-28-2013 05:30 AM

Draft Reactions

Tony Snell and Erik Murphy.

I was hoping for Plumlee or Dieng with the first pick, especially after they were still there when we picked. But both picks are intriguing.

Hopefully Snell picks things up quickly. We need his shooting right away. It'll be interesting to see how much he plays (remember Jimmys rookie year?) I do like the versatility it looks like he can provide by playing the 2 or 3.

Also hearing Nazr should be coming back. Still hope we sign another center, even if it is another minimum contract.

Rose/Hinrich/Teague
Butler/Snell/Hinrich
Deng/Snell
Boozer/Taj/Murphy
Noah/Nazr

We will be needing at least one more player to fill out the roster. Wonder who we will be inviting to camp.

TheReturn 06-28-2013 06:05 AM

Re: Draft Reactions

I was kinda hoping for Dieng as well. I don't know much about this dude, but I sort of trust the Bulls drafting enough to believe that he will end up being a solid pick.

kshutts1 06-28-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (e)

I was hoping for Plumlee or Dieng with the first pick, especially after they were still there when we picked. But both picks are intriguing.

Hopefully Snell picks things up quickly. We need his shooting right away. It'll be interesting to see how much he plays (remember Jimmys rookie year?) I do like the versatility it looks like he can provide by playing the 2 or 3.

Also hearing Nazr should be coming back. Still hope we sign another center, even if it is another minimum contract.

Rose/Hinrich/Teague
Butler/Snell/Hinrich
Deng/Snell
Boozer/Taj/Murphy
Noah/Nazr

We will be needing at least one more player to fill out the roster. Wonder who we will be inviting to camp.

I bolded all of the players on our roster that can shoot well.

I'm bitter. Bulls are seemingly too content. I know that there's a lot of time, but I was really hoping for them to make some waves, with Deng as bait, during this draft.

Crystallas 06-28-2013 07:38 AM

I wont count Murphy on the roster yet. His best case scenario might be rotting in D-League for us until we see injuries, and even then might not play. Let's see how he adjusts to summer league.

This draft wasn't very good. The best part about this year's draft, were the agents ability to market their players hardcore through social media and blog networks.

Bulls_Fan20 06-28-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (e)

Brandon Paul was brought in for two workouts - I could see him getting a look in camp as a shooter. I'd like to see another actual center signed/brought in. Nazr isn't a guy I'm confident in for the 10-15 minutes that Noah isn't (read: shouldn't be) playing each game. Taj and Murphy aren't centers, though Taj could play there in a small lineup.

Go Getter 06-28-2013 12:37 PM

I'm not sold on Butler as a 2-guard, I see him more of a 3, I think if Snell is as solid as he looks Deng might be on the way out.

Go Getter 06-28-2013 12:38 PM

And Dieng is 215 lbs iirc. I don't think he is center material right now and we don't need PFs.

(e) 06-28-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Getter
And Dieng is 215 lbs iirc. I don't think he is center material right now and we don't need PFs.

He's listed at 6'11" 245. He would of been a solid fit as a backup off the bench. I liked him for his defensive abilities, but he is a solid passer from the high post and has already shown an ability to knock down 10 footers.

I agree with Murphy, I put him on the roster because I think he'll get signed to fill out a roster spot on a min deal. I see him as a Matt Bonner type of guy.

ljsbb27 06-28-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (e)

Rose/Hinrich/Teague
Butler/Snell/Hinrich
Deng/Snell
Boozer/Taj/Murphy
Noah/Nazr

Snell is a pick I like very much. If he proves himself to the staff he'll get into the rotation and contribute.
Murphy is a stretch 4 which is something i think we've needed on our roster for a bit now. We'll see if he can make the team or stay with us.

Agree on the fact that I'd like to add another C. Just don't feel confident as having Nazr as Noah's primary backup another season.

tamaraw08 06-29-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Snell is a pick I like very much. If he proves himself to the staff he'll get into the rotation and contribute.
Murphy is a stretch 4 which is something i think we've needed on our roster for a bit now. We'll see if he can make the team or stay with us.

Agree on the fact that I'd like to add another C. Just don't feel confident as having Nazr as Noah's primary backup another season.

I like Snell but Im quite shock at you guys not wanting another PROVEN SG. :eek:
Per espn, Shooting guards like JJ Redick, Martel Webster, Nick Young, Trevor Ariza, etc etc are unrestricted free agents.

Crystallas 06-29-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I like Snell but Im quite shock at you guys not wanting another PROVEN SG. :eek:
Per espn, Shooting guards like JJ Redick, Martel Webster, Nick Young, Trevor Ariza, etc etc are unrestricted free agents.

Will they sign for the minimum?

(e) 06-29-2013 06:06 AM

I have a weird feeling that says we will resign Marco.

poido123 06-29-2013 07:33 AM

Snell will need some work in the gym, he is a bit slight. However, he has a nice stroke and has a good wing span which will help him in becoming a good defender.

I was disappointed that we missed out on Ricky Ledo, who went at #43.

Does drafting Snell tell you that the Bulls are sure Deng will get traded? I think it does.

DwadeOverLebron 06-29-2013 08:42 AM

Plumlee, Dieng, Withey, jamaal Franklin, Allen crabbe was all still on board! They liked him cuz hes a complete gym rat, incredibly long, and extremely humble and soft spoken. I believe the bulls are very picky on who they bring in cuz they don't want to ruin locker room/team chemistry. Rose is a sensitive dude and I don't think they want a strong/dominate personality around him unless he is absolutely proven. But somehow I believe Jerry Krause made this pick.

(e) 06-29-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poido123
Snell will need some work in the gym, he is a bit slight. However, he has a nice stroke and has a good wing span which will help him in becoming a good defender.

I was disappointed that we missed out on Ricky Ledo, who went at #43.

Does drafting Snell tell you that the Bulls are sure Deng will get traded? I think it does.

I really think the only way Deng stays longer than this season is if he takes a discount to stay. Could definitely be why they went with a wing player in the first round.