Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   G League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2016 NBDL #1 Draft Pick Georgios Papagiannis Update (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309399)

Euroleague 08-02-2013 11:43 PM

2016 NBDL #1 Draft Pick Georgios Papagiannis Update
 
Georgios Papagiannis, who is currently projected to be the #1 pick in the 2016 NBA Draft update:

Papagiannis is now 16 years old. He started playing in pro Greek League at age 14.

He is now 7'1" tall, with a 7'6" wingspan, and he now weighs 275 pounds.

He is currently the top rated prospect in Europe. He will play this fall in AAU basketball in the USA, starting with his junior year in high school.

Here is YouTube footage of him playing in the 2013 World Under-16 Championship in Turkey. He was 15 years old at this time.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYEYIPl9XZk


Greece won the gold medal and Papagiannis was voted to the all-tournament team.

RRR3 08-02-2013 11:45 PM

Re: 2016 NBA #1 Draft Pick Georgios Papagiannis Update
 
So basically you're telling me that the best player in Greece is 16. Yeah, sounds real competitive over there.

fpliii 08-02-2013 11:48 PM

Re: 2016 NBA #1 Draft Pick Georgios Papagiannis Update
 
Random question - Does Euroleague name an all-defensive team, or just the DPOY?

LosScandalous 08-02-2013 11:52 PM

Re: 2016 NBA #1 Draft Pick Georgios Papagiannis Update
 
He looks pretty good, cannot wait for him to dominate the NBA just like all the players from Greece before him.

sick_brah07 08-02-2013 11:53 PM

Re: 2016 NBA #1 Draft Pick Georgios Papagiannis Update
 
He looks pretty calm when playing which is pretty impressive, it's very hard to judge talent and predict what they will be like at that age so many things change from the age of 16 till about 20. Still impressive though hope the kid has a great career where ever he plays

Inferno 08-02-2013 11:54 PM

Re: 2016 NBA #1 Draft Pick Georgios Papagiannis Update
 
No website I visited has him even in the top 10...

RRR3 08-02-2013 11:54 PM

Re: 2016 NBA #1 Draft Pick Georgios Papagiannis Update
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LosScandalous
He looks pretty good, cannot wait for him to dominate the NBA just like all the players from Greece before him.

Think he can break the all-time Greek record of a career average of 3.9 PPG set by Antonis Fotsis?

Euroleague 08-02-2013 11:58 PM

Re: 2016 NBA #1 Draft Pick Georgios Papagiannis Update
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RRR3
Think he can break the all-time Greek record of a career average of 3.9 PPG set by Antonis Fotsis?


WTF is this nonsense?

Stojakovic and Seikaly averaged way more than that in the NBA.

Hell, Tsakalidis probably even averaged more than that.

LosScandalous 08-02-2013 11:58 PM

Re: 2016 NBA #1 Draft Pick Georgios Papagiannis Update
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RRR3
Think he can break the all-time Greek record of a career average of 3.9 PPG set by Antonis Fotsis?


It should be an easy hill to climb for Georgios unless future commissioner Adam Silver is a racist that holds him down.

Bobby13 08-03-2013 12:00 AM

Re: 2016 NBA #1 Draft Pick Georgios Papagiannis Update
 
This is great news. I can't wait to see another Arvydas Scrubonis play in the NBA.

RRR3 08-03-2013 12:06 AM

Re: 2016 NBA #1 Draft Pick Georgios Papagiannis Update
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Euroleague
WTF is this nonsense?

Stojakovic and Seikaly averaged way more than that in the NBA.

Hell, Tsakalidis probably even averaged more than that.

Were they born in Greece? I'm assuming you're saying they have Greek Ancestry, IDK if they do or not. If so, fine, I'm sure there have been multiple great players who are part greek. The fact is, no one born in Greece has been anything short of srcubtacular in the NBA.



http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ntry=GR&state=

Euroleague 08-03-2013 12:09 AM

Re: 2016 NBA #1 Draft Pick Georgios Papagiannis Update
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RRR3
Were they born in Greece? I'm assuming you're saying they have Greek Ancestry, IDK if they do or not. If so, fine, I'm sure there have been multiple great players who are part greek. The fact is, no one born in Greece has been anything short of srcubtacular in the NBA.



http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ntry=GR&state=


WTF is wrong with you?

So you just discredit every Greek player if he was not born in Greece..........

**** OFF ASSHOLE.

BTW, Dominique Wilkins isn't American, Tony Parker isn't French, and Steve Nash isn't Canadian, that is using your ****ing IDIOT logic.

Seikaly is a 100% total Greek Basketball product. So **** off with your nonsense lies.

RRR3 08-03-2013 12:22 AM

Re: 2016 NBA #1 Draft Pick Georgios Papagiannis Update
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Euroleague
WTF is wrong with you?

So you just discredit every Greek player if he was not born in Greece..........

**** OFF ASSHOLE.

BTW, Dominique Wilkins isn't American, Tony Parker isn't French, and Steve Nash isn't Canadian, that is using your ****ing IDIOT logic.

Seikaly is a 100% total Greek Basketball product. So **** off with your nonsense lies.

Seikaly doesn't even have Greek citizenship according to Wikipedia. He's Lebanese, I could find no mention of him having Greek ancestry.

KG215 08-03-2013 12:24 AM

Re: 2016 NBA #1 Draft Pick Georgios Papagiannis Update
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Euroleague
Georgios Papagiannis, who is currently projected to be the #1 pick in the 2016 NBA Draft update:

Links please. Not only are 2016 mock drafts pretty much damn near impossible to find, but the ones I have come across don't have this Papau New Guinea guy going number one.

RRR3 08-03-2013 12:26 AM

Re: 2016 NBA #1 Draft Pick Georgios Papagiannis Update
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KG215
Links please. Not only are 2016 mock drafts pretty much damn near impossible to find, but the ones I have come across don't have this Papau New Guinea guy going number one.

:lol Greek names are fun to mess with

What's your favorite one?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy