Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   What do you think of YouTube commentators? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310601)

Shade8780 08-17-2013 07:50 PM

What do you think of YouTube commentators?

Do you like them or hate them? I'd like to start making 2K commentarys.

Jameerthefear 08-17-2013 08:02 PM

Re: What do you think of YouTube commentators?

Depends if their good or not. Lot of 'em are kind of boring and corny. I like smoove though

Shade8780 08-17-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
Depends if their good or not. Lot of 'em are kind of boring and corny. I like smoove though

Some of them are just ****ing nerds. Smoove seems like a cool guy.

CeltsGarlic 08-17-2013 08:14 PM

I like smoove too and watch his vid, but dude knows shit about basketball.
and I often cheer for opposing team, cause smoove cheeses with up n unders and oops.

CanYouDigIt 08-17-2013 11:25 PM

I think Smoove is the most overall liked 2K Commentator that doesn't do a lot of colabs with other commentators.

I like commentators with a good voice, insight of basketball, doesn't complain every video, and is original.

TylerOO 08-17-2013 11:59 PM

Chris Smoove is cool. 99% of CoD commentators are nerds/******s

Rake2204 08-18-2013 01:24 AM

I can't vibe with the YouTube commentator phenomenon. I don't fault those who do like listening, it just surprises me they're as popular as they are. I get YouTube game walkthroughs (i.e. "How to Complete All Goals in One Run on Tony Hawk") but 2K commentators just seem to be... playing random games and talking over them. It feels as if there is no point... just a guy talking. In that case, I just figured playing the game oneself would win out over watching a guy play and offering little substance. But clearly, I've been wrong.

CarlosBoozer 08-18-2013 02:11 AM

I love smoove but he gets really cocky at times and I even cheer for the opposing teams, but he is really good at 2k and very funny.

Legends66NBA7 08-18-2013 03:02 AM

For entertainment, Elpresador for CoD/Battlefield games. He was better with his earlier stuff.

MisterAmazing 08-18-2013 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
For entertainment, Elpresador for CoD/Battlefield games. He was better with his earlier stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTgVRv-X4i4 <--- GOAT Elpresador vid. He's a genuine asshole now but he was hilarious back then.

Smoove is an awesome commentator, easily the best 2k commentator on Youtube.

ukballer 08-18-2013 04:30 AM

I did like Elpresador but his videos are just the same old thing over and over now.

"I'm a beast." X2500 times.

Quite often now, I'm more interested in YouTubers vlogs than I am their gaming videos. Can only watch CoD commentaries a certain amount of times. I quite like TheSyndicateProject, but I'm not a Minecraft fan, so I only watch some of his vids. Wings of Redemption usually has a meltdown every week so he's quite funny to watch.

Ipodkingcarter and QJB are my favourite 2K commentators, but I like Chris Smoove a lot too, he was probably the first ever gaming YouTuber that I watched.

Scholar 08-18-2013 11:28 AM

I have never watched a YouTube commentating vid. I find them corny as hell. Why would I bother watching someone else play a videogame when I can play it myself?

Only video game related vids I'll watch on YouTube are reviews for games I'm considering picking up or a short walkthrough if I'm trying to find all items in a game to hit 100% (only did this with ACII, tbh).

GOBB 08-18-2013 12:09 PM

All ElPressador does is scream. Cant watch him. The guys I have subscribed on youtube is SandyRavage (COD), TheMarkofJ (COD), dukethakilla (madden) and recently added Blackxxworm because he trolls on COD by finding creative ways to camp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlosBoozer
I love smoove but he gets really cocky at times and I even cheer for the opposing teams, but he is really good at 2k and very funny.

He's not really good at 2k.

Quote:

I have never watched a YouTube commentating vid. I find them corny as hell. Why would I bother watching someone else play a videogame when I can play it myself?

Entertainment value.

Rake2204 08-18-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scholar

Only video game related vids I'll watch on YouTube are reviews for games I'm considering picking up or a short walkthrough if I'm trying to find all items in a game to hit 100% (only did this with ACII, tbh).

Like I said, to each their own - if other folks like watching them, then that's cool - but otherwise I'm with you 100%. I'm surprised so many people find them entertaining. I kept wondering if I was missing something, so every now and again I'll click on another commentary link (like the elpresidor one above) and again, I'm left wondering how these things are so popular.

EnoughSaid 08-18-2013 03:38 PM

Chris Smoove definitely, some FIFA commentators as well, and that's about it.