Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I Would Really Like To See Clippers Win The West (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311886)

SilkkTheShocker 09-04-2013 10:56 AM

I Would Really Like To See Clippers Win The West

But I really just don't think they have the toughness/dynamic enough wing players to make it that far. I like CP3 a lot and im one of the few people on ISH that thinks highly of Blake Griffin. But where is the rim protection? They made improvements with their shooting and got a way better coach. Not hating, because I want to see them win the west. But it just seems like they are missing a few things.

andremiller07 09-04-2013 10:59 AM

Re: I Would Really Like To See Clippers Win The West

Clippers are 1 more quality big away from being truly a elite contender imo, I agree with pretty much everything Silk said as well.

Bigsmoke 09-04-2013 11:01 AM

I want the Warriors to.

They basically have their own verson of CP3,Blake, and Doc Rivers and then a healthy Bogut, Iggy, and Barnes

SilkkTheShocker 09-04-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andremiller07
Clippers are 1 more quality big away from being truly a elite contender imo, I agree with pretty much everything Silk said as well.

Yea, I think the Clippers could potentially get away with not having any real slasher on the roster if they had a center better than Jordan. But what is the guy good at doing aside from catching a CP3 lob?

SilkkTheShocker 09-04-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
I want the Warriors to.

They basically have their own verson of CP3,Blake, and Doc Rivers and then a healthy Bogut, Iggy, and Barnes

They got a real nice core as well. I just think it would be cool to see the Clippers in a Finals series. Wesy should be pretty fun to watch again this season

Bigsmoke 09-04-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
They got a real nice core as well. I just think it would be cool to see the Clippers in a Finals series. Wesy should be pretty fun to watch again this season

And with the Lakers sucking

This coming season gonna be awesome

SilkkTheShocker 09-04-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

:cheers:

SpurrDurr 09-04-2013 12:00 PM

Dudley-Griffin-DJ is one of the weakest frontcourt in the league, they won't go far in the playoffs imo.

Suguru101 09-04-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

I actually don't want the Lakers to suck... i want them to be the 8th seed so i can see Westbrook destroy Kobe. :cheers:

And if Clippers win the West... whoever gets out of the East will be champions. I mean.. if LeBron could shut down Rose at the peak of his athletic abilities, a slowed down Chris Paul is doable too.

SilkkTheShocker 09-04-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpurrDurr
Dudley-Griffin-DJ is one of the weakest frontcourt in the league, they won't go far in the playoffs imo.

Yea, I have a feeling they are gone in the 2nd round again. I like CP3 a lot, but he should get a ton of heat if they lose early in the playoffs again.

senelcoolidge 09-04-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

I want the Warriors to.

The Warriors basically have a weaker version of CP3, Blake, and Doc Rivers. Bogut is the key there. I don't see them being better than last year.
The Clippers in recent years have played the Heat well. They match up well against the Heat that would be an interesting Finals.

KyrieTheFuture 09-04-2013 02:57 PM

I don't see anyone winning the West over them

SilkkTheShocker 09-04-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
The Warriors basically have a weaker version of CP3, Blake, and Doc Rivers. Bogut is the key there. I don't see them being better than last year.
The Clippers in recent years have played the Heat well. They match up well against the Heat that would be an interesting Finals.

Miami would sodomize the Clippers

Bigsmoke 09-04-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senelcoolidge

Step, klay, and barnes are all looking to be even better and Bogut reported that he`s 100% healthy not to long ago.
Dont forget that now they tasted the playoffs "last year, nobody had even played a game in the post season besides Bogut in 2006"

Doranku 09-04-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Miami would sodomize the Clippers

The only way the Clippers would even put up a fight would be if CP3 was in attack mode all series. But for whatever reason, he will go for stretches and stretches of being passive. I really don't understand it.