Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Cupcake drives me crazy! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3316)

SoCalMike 06-29-2006 10:21 AM

Cupcake drives me crazy!

Rant ON

Ok, so I am reading the Riverside Press Telegram online as they do a good job of covering Lakers activities. (Brad Turner rocks)....

Anyway, I am reading the article about the Lakers pick of Jordan Farmar, and it quotes Cupcake as saying:

"We did not think that Jordan Farmar would be available when we picked at 26," General Manager Mitch Kupchak said. "We actually had him going five or six picks higher than this. So it wasn't a player that we were prepared to take."

Ok please, he was not "prepared" to take the best talent available at that stage of the draft? Did he not "prepare" for this draft?

Sorry, I just don't get that. Whether or not it was a misquote, a misstatement or whatever, this guy is about as bland as they come. I can't stand it when he is interviewed on the radio or tv. Geez, get a personality Cupcake!

Has he ever had a good draft pick? I guess the jury is out.

Ok, I feel better now.

Rant OFF

p.s.: Link to Article: http://www.pe.com/sports/basketball/...9.22eb84a.html

LakerRaider 06-29-2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Rant ON

Ok, so I am reading the Riverside Press Telegram online as they do a good job of covering Lakers activities. (Brad Turner rocks)....

Anyway, I am reading the article about the Lakers pick of Jordan Farmar, and it quotes Cupcake as saying:

"We did not think that Jordan Farmar would be available when we picked at 26," General Manager Mitch Kupchak said. "We actually had him going five or six picks higher than this. So it wasn't a player that we were prepared to take."

Ok please, he was not "prepared" to take the best talent available at that stage of the draft? Did he not "prepare" for this draft?

Sorry, I just don't get that. Whether or not it was a misquote, a misstatement or whatever, this guy is about as bland as they come. I can't stand it when he is interviewed on the radio or tv. Geez, get a personality Cupcake!

Ok, I feel better now.

Rant OFF

p.s.: Link to Article: http://www.pe.com/sports/basketball/...9.22eb84a.html

Mitch Kupchak wasn't prepared in taking him because they projected him to go higher and thought Jordan Farmar wouldn't be available. In other words, he's trying to be modest in saying that the Los Angeles Lakers got a steal.

lakerfreak 06-29-2006 01:32 PM

SoCalMike,

No disrespect at all man but you took that part a little too personal.

He meant to say Jordan Farmar is so good that they wouldn't think he would be available by the time the 26th pick came.

I mean, he became available to us by luck. The knicks used their first pick to pick a 2nd rounder and the kings picked a lat first rounder in quincy douby and all that factored in about getting Jordan.

they did some pretty impressive moves. Like trading their 2nd round pick for Maurice Evans. That was a smart move

SoCalMike 06-29-2006 11:03 PM

Its like watching a fly go up a drape when Cupcake talks.... what can I say? :)

BOOHYAH310 06-30-2006 02:21 AM

I think the Lakers got lucky with this draft.....Farmar, Evans....not bad

lakerfreak 06-30-2006 06:17 AM

Quote:

Its like watching a fly go up a drape when Cupcake talks.... what can I say? :)

I agree but I think he is making some moves here that will benefit us in the long AND short run.

What can I say, Thank God for the Midlevel excption

SoCalMike 06-30-2006 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
What can I say, Thank God for the Midlevel excption

Ha! :cheers:

LakeWalton 06-30-2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Ok, I feel better now.

Brian Cook & Luke Walton are turning out to be fine players

lakerfreak 07-01-2006 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakeWalton

and not only that but those 2 also came from the same draft class....walking awya with two contributers is rare.

also, Kareem rush turned out fine and Jannero Pargo who both get jobs pretty easily.

hotsizzle 07-01-2006 05:23 AM

Until Cupcake makes a bold move like somehow get harrington or miles or something, I'm not impressed with him at all

Lakerfan 07-02-2006 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakeWalton

cook good? Oh man i guess you and Mitch agree. I mean taking cook when Howard and Leandro Barbosa are on board made sense A? Both of those players had something to do with their teams being succesful. Also Leandro torched Cook and Sissy 9Sasha) 23-0 by himself in i believe game 6. Yeah clearly a great pick.

Puppy crap (Cook) is the 2006 Sam Bowie.

Walton is a great role player. Still not better than Leabdro or Howard but Wayyyyy better than Puppy crap.

traditionone 07-02-2006 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakerfan
cook good? Oh man i guess you and Mitch agree. I mean taking cook when Howard and Leandro Barbosa are on board made sense A? Both of those players had something to do with their teams being succesful. Also Leandro torched Cook and Sissy 9Sasha) 23-0 by himself in i believe game 6. Yeah clearly a great pick.

Puppy crap (Cook) is the 2006 Sam Bowie.

Walton is a great role player. Still not better than Leabdro or Howard but Wayyyyy better than Puppy crap.

Sam Bowie was taken 2nd in the draft when Michael Jordan was still on the board. Cook was a late round draft pick a few years ago. Where in the hell did you get that Cook is the 2006 Sam Bowie remark? That makes no sense at any level.

lakerfreak 07-02-2006 08:34 PM

As if mitch knew that Barbosa was gonna be good as he is now.

Besides we needed a PF and SF at the time and we had fisher, Kobe and were about to get Payton. I dont see where we needed Barbosa.

also add rush and pargo to that mix

Lakerfan 07-02-2006 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traditionone
Sam Bowie was taken 2nd in the draft when Michael Jordan was still on the board. Cook was a late round draft pick a few years ago. Where in the hell did you get that Cook is the 2006 Sam Bowie remark? That makes no sense at any level.

Sam Bowie played for the Lakers. He looks like Cook. Idiot. Did i say they were both drafted Second? No. They both just suck. Bowie has an excuse though. He had injuries and surgery. Cook's game needs surgery but that is about as clkose as they come.

Please if Jordan, 2nd pick are not in the quote THEN I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THEM! If you would like me to use sign language or finger puppets just ask.

Lakerfan 07-02-2006 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
As if mitch knew that Barbosa was gonna be good as he is now.

Besides we needed a PF and SF at the time and we had fisher, Kobe and were about to get Payton. I dont see where we needed Barbosa.

also add rush and pargo to that mix

PF? u would take cook over Anderson Varejo? Why? Look at the difference. Cook has always looked slow. I never liked him.

And SF? Howard not a SF? are you insane? Rush was just O. No D. I thought he would learn some D but never happened. Lakers ironically tried out Prince and Rush and look who got better. I mean you can tell who made the picks (Jerry West) and not Mitch. I mean Von Wafer? Sissy? Bynum over Granger (Now vs. future)

Look at San An. Name one bad pick they made that they still somehow make a decen trade. lakers make retarded signings and draft picks. If Cook were cut what basketball team would take him?

See Cupcake doesn t see that in order to trade for talent you need talent. Look at Miaimi. They had talent and could make moves. Lakers have Odom and Kobe. Everyone else is so so at best. So no moves. I mean if they trade Odom they are still 2 deep. So just depth is the answer.