Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT: Free diving with great white sharks (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36178)

TMacsOneGoodEye 04-04-2007 12:00 AM

OT: Free diving with great white sharks
 
These guys are nuts, but gotdamn that's cool.

http://dailymotion.alice.it/video/xj...le-grand-blanc

j Fresh 04-04-2007 12:04 AM

Re: OT: Free diving with great white sharks
 
crack kills :rolleyes:

MaxFly 04-04-2007 12:05 AM

Re: OT: Free diving with great white sharks
 
Notice he had a harpoon to style on the shark just incase... :oldlol:

TMacsOneGoodEye 04-04-2007 12:07 AM

Re: OT: Free diving with great white sharks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxFly
Notice he had a harpoon to style on the shark just incase... :oldlol:


I would have had another great white shark instead of a harpoon.

And those ones don't look to be any bigger than 12 feet. I don't think anyone would ever free dive with 20fters.

Bourne 04-04-2007 12:29 AM

Re: OT: Free diving with great white sharks
 
If the shark wanted to kill you it doesn't matter if it is 12 or 20 feet. 20 feet is a lot more intimidating though.

I'd hit it.

RedBlackAttack 04-04-2007 12:47 AM

Re: OT: Free diving with great white sharks
 
I saw this on the Discovery Channel. Really amazing stuff. These aren't some 'Jackass' types... these guys have been studying great whites for basically their entire lives. They know how to react when one approaches so as to not give it the idea that they are prey.

That said... they are f*cking nuts.

RedBlackAttack 04-04-2007 12:48 AM

Re: OT: Free diving with great white sharks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne
If the shark wanted to kill you it doesn't matter if it is 12 or 20 feet. 20 feet is a lot more intimidating though.

True... though, it does matter the type of shark you are talking about. The guys that did this said that they would be much more worried free diving with a bull shark or a tiger shark than a great white. Though great whites are the 'king' of the sharks, they are not the most aggressive.

bk33 04-04-2007 12:53 AM

Re: OT: Free diving with great white sharks
 
how did they know the shak won't attack? did they feed/drug the shark in advance? or do sharks generally don't attack for no reason?
I have a hard time believing they'd just go "ok, hope today's my lucky day", they got balls regardless.

i seen hippos 04-04-2007 12:53 AM

Re: OT: Free diving with great white sharks
 
I remember watching a vid of a surfer getting his arm bitten off by a tiger shark. Thing just jumped out of the water. Dude said he didn't realize his arm was gone till after he was pulled onto his boat.:eek:

RedBlackAttack 04-04-2007 01:01 AM

Re: OT: Free diving with great white sharks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bk33
how did they know the shak won't attack? did they feed/drug the shark in advance? or do sharks generally don't attack for no reason?
I have a hard time believing they'd just go "ok, hope today's my lucky day", they got balls regardless.

These guys in the video said that 99.99% of shark attacks aren't really attacks at all. Humans aren't on a shark's 'menu'. They don't like the taste of humans and will only attack for food if they are starving. Sharks bite things out of curiosity. If a human is on a surf board, it looks like a seal to a shark. If humans are splashing about in the water, it could draw a shark's interest. If you are wearing jewelry, a shark may mistake it for a shiny fish.

However, sharks generally will not attack humans simply for food or because they like to kill. That is the reason why most shark attacks do not result in fatalities. If a shark wanted to kill you, it could bit you in half without you even knowing what hit you. Most of the time, they test the human with a small bite, spit out the flesh because they don't like the taste, and move on...

However, a 'small bite' from a shark can result in a very large injury (like a missing arm or leg).

These guys know how to interact with sharks so as to not draw much interest and not appear as prey.

0ne50 04-04-2007 01:06 AM

Re: OT: Free diving with great white sharks
 
There is no such thing as a shark attack on humans. If a human is fcuking around in a shark's territory, they be tresspassing and deserve to get ate up. Know if a human was somewhere a human is supposed to be; say like at the ATM and a shark showed up and ate him that would be a shark attack.

0ne50 04-04-2007 01:06 AM

Re: OT: Free diving with great white sharks
 
There is no such thing as a shark attack on humans. If a human is fcuking around in a shark's territory, they be tresspassing and deserve to get ate up. Know if a human was somewhere a human is supposed to be; say like at the ATM and a shark showed up and ate him that would be a shark attack.

Bourne 04-04-2007 01:31 AM

Re: OT: Free diving with great white sharks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 0ne50
There is no such thing as a shark attack on humans. If a human is fcuking around in a shark's territory, they be tresspassing and deserve to get ate up. Know if a human was somewhere a human is supposed to be; say like at the ATM and a shark showed up and ate him that would be a shark attack.


Type in English please.

And you're wrong.

MaxFly 04-04-2007 01:33 AM

Re: OT: Free diving with great white sharks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 0ne50
There is no such thing as a shark attack on humans. If a human is fcuking around in a shark's territory, they be tresspassing and deserve to get ate up. Know if a human was somewhere a human is supposed to be; say like at the ATM and a shark showed up and ate him that would be a shark attack.


:oldlol: wow...

RedBlackAttack 04-04-2007 01:37 AM

Re: OT: Free diving with great white sharks
 
To me, anyone that surfs is out of their mind... crazier than these guys that are diving with great whites. A human on a surf board looks like a seal.... this is what great whites do to seals...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRR6rVoIwQI

Note that a seal is, on average, bigger than a human. That gives you an idea of the size and strength of that shark.

:eek:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy