Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Golden State Warriors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Golden State golden option (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4004)

sixty 07-04-2006 05:08 AM

Golden State golden option

I am just saying... The Warriors haven't made it to the playoffs for like 12 years.

The question is... Should they totaly rebuild? I think so.

Trade Jason Richardson.
Trade Troy Murphy.
Trade Mike Dunleavy.
Trade Barron Davis.

Dump the season. Next year the NBA draft is going to be as good as they come.

IMO if they keep this team together they are in the same hole with the NY - on the bottom for long time.

What you think guys?

raid09 07-04-2006 05:16 AM

I don't think so. They need to make some moves, but they don't need to completely re-build.

They aren't quite in the same spot as the Knicks. The Knicks went 23-59, while the Warriors went 34-48. 11 wins is a significant difference, keeping in mind Baron was out all(?) season.

sixty 07-04-2006 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raid09
I don't think so. They need to make some moves, but they don't need to completely re-build.

They aren't quite in the same spot as the Knicks. The Knicks went 23-59, while the Warriors went 34-48. 11 wins is a significant difference, keeping in mind Baron was out all(?) season.

He played 54 games last year. I don't think his knees will hold up for much longer.

Still Dunleavy, Murphy, Baron IMO should go... :ohwell:

KnicksFan4Life 07-04-2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixty
I am just saying... The Warriors haven't made it to the playoffs for like 12 years.

Trade Jason Richardson.
Trade Troy Murphy.
Trade Mike Dunleavy.
Trade Barron Davis.

IMO if they keep this team together they are in the same hole with the NY - on the bottom for long time.

What you think guys?

They don't by any means need to rebuild, they need to build their team around their stars (J-Rich and Baron Davis).

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 07-04-2006 03:51 PM

Quote:

Trade Jason Richardson.
Trade Troy Murphy.
Trade Mike Dunleavy.
Trade Barron Davis.

What you think guys?

rebuild means when you have players like KG or something and then you can lose them and rebuild. this team was never in playoffs for 14 years now and they would just go in more hole by giving contracts to ediots like mike dunleavy....need some more depth in the front and no draft can give us that.....

raid09 07-04-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

He played 54 games last year. I don't think his knees will hold up for much longer.

Still Dunleavy, Murphy, Baron IMO should go... :ohwell:

Oh, my bad.

I'm sincerly asking this question, I'm not trying to disprove anybody's points, but do you (anyone) know their record with Davis and without?

SJellen 07-05-2006 12:07 PM

good luck moving those contracts

zmuda 07-06-2006 12:56 AM

i think they should keep j rich and murphy and dump dunleavy and davis. and are they gonna play these guys from the fish trade?

KnicksFan4Life 07-06-2006 01:00 AM

Why? Davis is an excellent pointguard when he's healthy

sixty 07-06-2006 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Life
Why? Davis is an excellent pointguard when he's healthy

And Bender is an excellent PF when he's healthy. :rolleyes:

@SJellen: At last someone who knows what I am talking about.

KnicksFan4Life 07-06-2006 10:32 AM

So your saying that Baron Davis isn't a good player, you need to have your brain checked

The Real GM 07-08-2006 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zmuda
i think they should keep j rich and murphy and dump dunleavy and davis. and are they gonna play these guys from the fish trade?

"I think they should only keep Richardson. They should trade Murphy, Dunleavy, Pietrus, and esp. Davis. They should rebuild and clear cap room. In the process they should look for all defensive players and a distributive pg who is always healthy and doesn't shoot 39% from the field. They should use Diogu as their 2nd scoring option behind Richardson, because Diogu is a possible 20 and 10 guy. Monta Ellis also played well and should get more minutes. He defended well and was versatile. They should limit his shot attempts, but that can be arranged. I know it was the end of the season, but they played better with the younger guys in and played with alot more energy and enthusiasm. The Fisher trade was excellent,because they got all expiring contracts in return. Fisher had a nice year, but was over paid. Yes, I think they should rebuild, because those core of players have been around together for a while and have nothing to show for it. They can save cap for the future and build a defensive team. They also launched too many threes when they were the worst 3 pt. shooting team in the league. How about trading for Andre Miller as your distributor? The rest should be traded for defensive players, expiring contracts, and maybe a few shooters.

KnicksFan4Life 07-08-2006 07:08 PM

You are dumb, your name is "the real GM", what does that stand for, "the real gay man". Trading Davis would be a dumb idea. The way I see it Golden State is like Houston, they play well when they have both of their stars. Davis and J-rich are the Yao and T-mac of Golden State. They NEEEED to keep them both

sixty 07-09-2006 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Real GM
"I think they should only keep Richardson. They should trade Murphy, Dunleavy, Pietrus, and esp. Davis. They should rebuild and clear cap room. In the process they should look for all defensive players and a distributive pg who is always healthy and doesn't shoot 39% from the field. They should use Diogu as their 2nd scoring option behind Richardson, because Diogu is a possible 20 and 10 guy. Monta Ellis also played well and should get more minutes. He defended well and was versatile. They should limit his shot attempts, but that can be arranged. I know it was the end of the season, but they played better with the younger guys in and played with alot more energy and enthusiasm. The Fisher trade was excellent,because they got all expiring contracts in return. Fisher had a nice year, but was over paid. Yes, I think they should rebuild, because those core of players have been around together for a while and have nothing to show for it. They can save cap for the future and build a defensive team. They also launched too many threes when they were the worst 3 pt. shooting team in the league. How about trading for Andre Miller as your distributor? The rest should be traded for defensive players, expiring contracts, and maybe a few shooters.

Ellis is injured and is not looking good. :ohwell:
Andre Miller is not the answer. :banghead:

Has anybody figured out what is with Baron/without Baron win statistic?

@KnicksFan4Life Calm yourself a little bit. How old are you??

KnicksFan4Life 07-09-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

Ellis is injured and is not looking good. :ohwell:
Andre Miller is not the answer. :banghead:

Has anybody figured out what is with Baron/without Baron win statistic?

@KnicksFan4Life Calm yourself a little bit. How old are you??

I am 14, why do you ask?