Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Taurean Green (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47415)

idizzle 06-28-2007 11:41 AM

Taurean Green

Who you think will take Taurean Green the point guard from Florida. He hasn't been getting that much hype like Jokim Noah, Al Hoford, and Corey Brewer. I think he's going to be a sleeper.

ilovetoplayball 06-28-2007 11:49 AM

Re: Taurean Green

hes an excellent shootr hell be a slepper

idizzle 06-29-2007 10:26 AM

He went to the Blazers. I thought Philly was going to take him.

ILuvThisGame 06-29-2007 02:13 PM

they were going to but Kaponen's stock rose before the draft and became the more highly touted prospect

huppcap 06-29-2007 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILuvThisGame
they were going to but Kaponen's stock rose before the draft and became the more highly touted prospect

Kaponen?! Give me a break. The guy plays in some crappy league in Finland or that area. How could any team pick this guy in the first round? He has not proven he can play at a high competitive level and supposedly he has a difficult time getting into the lane. Try doing that in the NBA or in a top Euro league.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 06-30-2007 02:55 AM

Well, looks like Portland took him.

yall's G8r bait 07-09-2007 05:26 PM

mega steal that late!

Mr.Showtime 07-11-2007 12:00 AM

He Got In The Draft Late But He Finna Make Noise Easy Steal

Kiddlovesnets 07-11-2007 02:26 AM

I don't consider him to be an excellent point guard in the future. After all, it ought to be easy to achieve over 6 assists per game if there' re 3 outstanding inside scorers in your team, which he failed.

thejoyofsobe 07-11-2007 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
I don't consider him to be an excellent point guard in the future. After all, it ought to be easy to achieve over 6 assists per game if there' re 3 outstanding inside scorers in your team, which he failed.

I think you don't understand the dynamic of that Gator basketball team. While Taurean brought the ball up the court most of the time, it was ball movement that got the Gators many of their points. They didn't just disperse the scoring load, but the facilitating load.

Avg. Assists

Green 3.7
Brewer 3.0
Horford 2.2
Noah 2.2
Humphrey 1.2

The big guys were also excellent ball handlers so they put the ball on the floor a lot therefore reducing his assist numbers. He's obviously more of a scoring point guard and he's got a lot to prove if he's going to play in the NBA, but I don't think you can justifiably criticize him for not averaging more assists.

ILuvThisGame 07-12-2007 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huppcap
Kaponen?! Give me a break. The guy plays in some crappy league in Finland or that area. How could any team pick this guy in the first round? He has not proven he can play at a high competitive level and supposedly he has a difficult time getting into the lane. Try doing that in the NBA or in a top Euro league.

the kid is 19 and already doing well in Euro leagues. Young players over there are hardly ever given a role in europe because they are very high on seniority over there. he is smart and hardly ever turns the ball over (something young players hardly ever do either) plus he shot 47% from the field and 40% from 3. In my opinion he is and will be much better then Green ever will.

Nygher 07-12-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets

Smh..Did you see what he did with getting the ball to the Florida big men?

Now change out Horford and Noah for Oden and Aldridge

Umm...yeah...he's going to be good and a great fit for Portland

yet another steal of the draft for Portland